JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (1 John 2:18) What is this antichrist that John expects to come? What is the difference between the antichrist and antichrists in the church John is writing to? In what ways do we see the spirit of antichrist at work in our day?

The antichrist that John expects to come is the one that will come in the Great Tribulation. In the church today are many who profess and know all the right things to say and do, they speak Christenese so to say, but who have never really given themselves completely over to Christ. They are of the world system which is antichrist. This is very scary! I just listened to "Sinners In the Hands of An Angry God" by Jonathan Edwards and these are like the people he preached too. Let us pray that none of us numbers among that crowd. The devil and his demons are thirsty for victims.

Please please pray!! I feel so burdened about this.

If you get a chance to hear that sermon and you never have please listen to it. It has been like a big wakeup call for me as I feel myself sluggish somedays.

Let us pray for each others families that they will hear and respond to our loving Savior who is reaching out His Hand aware of what awaits those who reject His atoning sacrifice on the cross.

God Bless you all!!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (1 John 2:18) What is this antichrist that John expects to come? What is the difference between the antichrist and antichrists in the church John is writing to? In what ways do we see the spirit of antichrist at work in our day?

The antichrist that John refers to is the world leader who will set up his government here on earth.

The difference between the antichrist and antichrists in the church is t hat the antichrists in the church are the anti-anointing spirits that seek to tear down the Messiah and rob the Christ spirit that is operating.

The antichrist spirit that is at work in our day is plain -- worldliness abounding in the form of sinful pleasures -- all that glorifies the sin in the world and giving it the "ok" to do so...antichrist operates in government, abortion, all things profane, et al.

As far as I can see from the Scriptures, there is no differences between the antichrist and the antichrists in the church, because I believe that both are actually the same; and they have been working within as well as outside the church since the day that the church begun, and will continue to oppose God

What is this antichrist that John expects to come? A false prophet and evil being who will set himself up against Christ and the people of God in the last days before the second coming.

What is the difference between the antichrist and antichrists in the church John is writing to? The antichrists in the church John referred to were the false teachers who denied the Deity and the incarnation of Christ.

In what ways do we see the spirit of antichrist at work in our day? We have ministers (false teachers) today who are misinterpreting the Word of God to suit their own lives and the lives of the members of their congregation.

This question has been answered exhaustively, and I would just like to add how we see the spirit of the antichrist at work today. I believe that when we truly open our eyes to what is going on around us, we will see the subtle ways in which Satan is duping the world into a false sense of security.

Through lawlessness,and instilling fear into the hearts of many, we can already see the world moving into a cashless society, and moving toward a one government world order. Soon people will be branded in order to purchase anything and the Church will be blamed for disrupting peace, Christians will be branded as "Religious Fanatics", if you look and listen carefully this has already begun. Credit cards are becoming more acceptable today than cash, and when one questions the way of the world in terms of the bible you find yourself being called a fanatic.

This question has been answered exhaustively, and I would just like to add how we see the spirit of the antichrist at work today. I believe that when we truly open our eyes to what is going on around us, we will see the subtle ways in which Satan is duping the world into a false sense of security.

Through lawlessness,and instilling fear into the hearts of many, we can already see the world moving into a cashless society, and moving toward a one government world order. Soon people will be branded in order to purchase anything and the Church will be blamed for disrupting peace, Christians will be branded as "Religious Fanatics", if you look and listen carefully this has already begun. Credit cards are becoming more acceptable today than cash, and when one questions the way of the world in terms of the bible you find yourself being called a fanatic.

Q1 The Antichrist that John expects to come is the adversary of the Messiah.

The Antichrist are those who are in the illusion and in their own world instead of

following in the light of Christ. They are liars and continue to walk in darkness

but still thinking they are in the light. They have been influenced by the spirit

of the Antichrist. The false prophets who spread false and dangerous doctrine in

the church. The heretical teachings, the denial that Jesus is the Christ and not

acknowledging Jesus Christ as of the flesh and the incarnation of God.

The Antichrist of our day are those who preached but do not practice in their own

teachings. They preached the importance of confessing their sins but never did it

themselves and thinking so highly of own self. Asking to have fellowship with God

and men but do their own thing which is not in line with God's commandments.

The antichrist that John expects to come are the beast the devil the Adversary of the Messiah. The antichrists are those that have been tricked by the antichrist. Those are people that are doing the work of a false teacher, that are not lead by the Holy Spirit. The spirit of the antichrist is at work today by deceiving so many in the church, teaching things that are not of God, having so many believe that it's OK to do things that God has commanding us not to do. He uses trick words like he did in the garden with Eve. He wants us to believe that some of the things that we do if we are not hurting anyone it's OK. But that is a lie, any thing that we do that is not of God is hurting us, to become the child of God that He created. The antichrist is working harder now more than ever. I do pray that we all stay focus and read our bible every day and ask God what is it I need to do this day for his Glory in Jesus name I do pray. Amen

(1 John 2:18) What is this antichrist that John expects to come? What is the difference between the antichrist and antichrists in the church John is writing to? In what ways do we see the spirit of antichrist at work in our day?

1Jn 2:18 Children, it's the end of time. You've heard that an antichrist is coming. Certainly, many antichrists are already here. That's how we know it's the end of time.

John is warning of the enemy of Christ that is to set up in the temple, demand to be worshiped as God and will persecute the Christ followers. This is the same antichrist Daniel and Jesus warned of. Though there are many evils at work in the world and they are doing the work of the antichrist they are not the one that we are being warned about who will appear in the end times. They are doing his work but still are not the final enemy. Today especially in our churchs we see the falling away from the true message. We see that people are afraid to teach and preach the truth...in our government and within our law makers we also see a falling away from the morals and teachings that are from God. Sin is not considered sin anymore. We are seeing the removal of God from our country...this is all the working of Satan through those working for him. The one thing we can know is that it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

The antichrist that John expects to come is the one that will come in the Great Tribulation. In the church today are many who profess and know all the right things to say and do, they speak Christenese so to say, but who have never really given themselves completely over to Christ. They are of the world system which is antichrist. This is very scary! I just listened to "Sinners In the Hands of An Angry God" by Jonathan Edwards and these are like the people he preached too. Let us pray that none of us numbers among that crowd. The devil and his demons are thirsty for victims.

Please please pray!! I feel so burdened about this.

If you get a chance to hear that sermon and you never have please listen to it. It has been like a big wakeup call for me as I feel myself sluggish somedays.

Let us pray for each others families that they will hear and respond to our loving Savior who is reaching out His Hand aware of what awaits those who reject His atoning sacrifice on the cross.

God Bless you all!!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Amen Jen...I will join you in prayer for those who may be led astray. We need to keep awake and keep in God's Word so that we also do not fall into the pitfalls being set up for even the closest to the Lord. We need to stand on guard and warn of those who we see walking the wrong path. We need to keep our eyes on the Lord, our Saviour, Jesus Christ and carefully check and recheck all that we hear preached by man to ensure that it is the Word of God they teach...I also feel a large burden for this...

What is this antichrist that John expects to come? I don't believe that we can possibly conceive what or who the antichrist will be, or what form it will take, but what we do know is that the time of the antichrist will be a terrible time as Jesus outlined in Mark 13. Beyond this, I think that it is pointless to speculate but we must be on our guard not only against the dawning of that day (and as I understand it, there will be no doubt when that day arrives) but against the spirit of the antichrist, which is, and was in John's time, already at work in the world.

What is the difference between the antichrist and antichrists in the church John is writing to? The antichrist had not and has not yet come into the World, but the spirit of the antichrist was and is already at work in many guises preparing the way for the antichrist. The antichrists which John is specifically addressing here are those who denied that Jesus was God. As I understand it, these people, who were members of the early church, took the position that Jesus was not God. That he was born a human and that he somehow became a God or was taken over by God during the course of his life, but that God left him before his crucifixion and death and that he did not rise again or ascend into heaven. Now you can't get much more anti christ in the literal sense of the word than that, but that is the doctrine which I think John was specifacally addressing here. Through the ages since John, there have been many more antichrists who are literally adversaries of Christ in the same way as these people in the early church and if we look around today, they are everywhere.

In what ways do we see the spirit of antichrist at work in our day?

It is everywhere. There are false doctrines, prophets, messiahs etc everywhere leading both believrs and unbelievers astray. The spirit of the antichrist can be very subtle but as Christains we must, as Jesus said, be constantly on our guard.

The world at present suffers from false teachers and empty doctrine, John however wants us to be aware the the Antichrist he also refres to is satan.

More than likely John is speaking of those that seeks to take the place of Christ. The many antichrists that John appose of in his letter is the many false teachers. In the book of Revelation the antichrists is know as the beast who will exalt himself above God. In our day we can see the spirit of the antichrist at work by all that is against the work of God, not true believers.

John saw the beast coming out of the sea with his own eyes, this is the endtime one who is the antichrist, who utters proud words and blastphemies against God and makes war on the Saints for a period of 42 months. Whereas a man or woman today that denies Jesus is the Risen One, the only Son of God is rightly refered to as an antichrist. vs 2:22

We see clearly the work of the spirit of antichrist all throughout the earth. Abortion, genocide, sex trafficing, child labor, hunger/malnutrition, strife, hate and disease are jsut a few and the list goes on and on. I believe the antichrist's desire is also to thwart and hinder our prayers for these and other atrocities dear to our Fathers' heart.

(1 John 2:18) What is this antichrist that John expects to come? What is the difference between the antichrist and antichrists in the church John is writing to? In what ways do we see the spirit of antichrist at work in our day?

:unsure: I think the anti Christ that John expects to come ,will have obvious super natural powers to deceive, so much so that he will some how broker a false peace between the nation of Israel and Islam , and he may even manage to get the Islamic leaders to give up their third most holiest site so Israel will be able to build their temple , now Im sure the Islamic leaders will have to swallow hard to go along with that :o but some how the anti Christ assures them that he will turn on Israel and literally annihilate Israel and their temple forever :( the one to come has phenomenal powers over the Nations leaders and does the unimaginable

the difference :unsure: Im not real sure , I am not getting or grasping all the difference

we see the spirit of the anti Christ working when we see falsification and hostilities toward God's sovereign word , we see it when we see people try to exalt them selves rather than exalting God .

1) the "spirit of antichrist"

(1 John 4:3 KJV) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The "spirit of antichrist" is behind every false doctrine and every "religious" substitute for the realities Christians have in Christ. The "spirit of antichrist" is in the world today. It will eventually lead to the appearance of a "satanic superpower."

2) false teachers, "many antichrist", the ones who are used by this "spirit of antichrist".

3) The specific individual, yet to be revealed on the world scene.

(2 Th 2:4 KJV) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

John is looking for the ultimate deceiver--the man of lawlessness as written in Daniel. He will usher in the last days.

The antichrists in the church are those who have already been deceived and seek to deceive others. They have the spirit of the antichrist who is to come one day soon.

The spirit of antichrist is seen today in the flagrant sins against God & His Word. I see it in government all the way down to individuals who are looking to be free to do what they want to--which is not being free at all. I see a few seeking to change the laws of the many to break down our Christian heritage. I see it in the church, as well, as people seek to separate the body.

1. Q1. (1 John 2:18) What is this antichrist that John expects to come? What is the difference between the antichrist and antichrists in the church John is writing to? In what ways do we see the spirit of antichrist at work in our day?
    This antichrist that John expects to come is a servant of Satan who will rule in the temple and will lead those who do not believe in Christ. The antichrist in the church are the false teachers. In our day, we see those who lead others away from Christ and who teach false doctrines. mad.gif

The antichrist that John expects to come, is the man of lawlessness described in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12. He is a man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and exalt himself over everything that is called God or worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. These will perish because they refuse to love truth and so be saved. For that reason, God sends them into a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but delight in wickedness.

The antichrists in the church that John is writing to, is that of the secret power of lawlessness already at work in the world. But the antichrist has not been revealed yet. Those in the church and world today who do not know the truth, delight in wickedness, are not saved, are under powerful delusions and believe lies are all under the power of lawlessness. They don't remain with true believers because they live in blindness to truth.

How do we see that in churches today? Too many examples to give all, but when the church is run like a business, for numbers and greed and people move around in positions for their own self worth, I believe that is a breeding ground for everything against Christ..... who taught just the opposite!

john readers had been taughtnthat an antichrist would arise prior to the coming of christand pretend to be christ.just as coming events cast their shadow before them,so prior to the rise of the antichrist,many antichrist appear.these are false teachers who offer a fale christ.and false gospel.if they had been of us,they would have continued with us.

The antichrists that John is speaking of here are those who deny the truth of Jesus, those seeking to take the place of Jesus. They are the false teachers that John was talking about. The difference between the antichrists and the antichrist is that the antichrist is satan, and the antichrists are those who follow him because they are denying Christ, and in denying Christ then one is calling God a liar. We see the spirit of the antichrist at work in our day : 1) THRU ALL THE FALSE RELIGIONS 2)SAYING THE BIBLE IS NOT WHAT IT CLAIMS these are only 2 areas and in them we see where the spirit of satan grows. Drugs, alcohol, abuse, sex, suiside, the list then can go on as those get broken down. Without true doctrine and guidence we would be lost.Satan feeds on each one of those. Satan is like a sore that keeps festering and will not go away unless one finds the truth and then surrenders to it, meaning Christ. Thank you God for Your unending love! :rolleyes:

The antichrist that John expects to come is the one Daniel and Jesus speaks of.

The difference between the antichrist and the antichrists in the church John is writing to is in that the antichrists in the church are people who are influenced by the spirit of the antichrist.

We see the spirit of the antichrist through false prophets and those who proclaim that they are christlike but are not.

When John speaks of the Antichrist he is referring to the man of perdition that is to come and eventually declare that he himself is God.John in the times the Epistle was written is referring to those that deny that Jesus is Lord ,and is the TRUTH.

We see very clearly today lawlessness at work through the various kinds of breakdowns in society ,and the proliferation of people claiming to have the truth,but believing in a lie of the enemy, and the propagation of that lie in society.

The antichrist that is to come is that one referred to in scripture that is present during the Great Tribulation. John is referring to false teachers and those that work iniquity even now in the church. These antichrists spread hereseys. They offer a false gospel, and they want to spread lies and discord among believers.

What is this antichrist that John expects to come?

As the Bible says that this antichrist is a person that is coming, now is not yet revealed. He will be the rule of the world. He will proclaim himself to be God. He is a puppet of Satan. He is the enemy of Christ. He will make war against Christian believers and causes the unbelievers to worship him

What is the difference between the antichrist and antichrists in the church John is writing to?

The antichrists in the church John is writing to have come. They have been in the church, but they are not that John expects to come. They are enemies of Christ. They have been influenced by