JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Children of God

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (1 John 2:29-3:2) In what sense are we "children of God"? What does the Holy Spirit have to do with this "new birth"? How does the new birth change us?

We are children of God spiritually. When the Holy Spirit came to dwell in us at the time of salvation, we received the "new birth", and we were changed spiritually. Through the new birth, we have power through the Holy Spirit to do and say the right things-while still in a battle with our flesh. This is spiritual warfare. The Holy Spirit helps us fight our battles with the flesh.

Q1. (1 John 2:29-3:2) In what sense are we "children of God"? What does the Holy Spirit have to do with this "new birth"? How does the new birth change us?

A child of God is one who has believed and accepted Christ for who He is and all He has done. It is spiritual and they allow the Holy Spirit to grow and work in them. This new birth is that the old me dies and the new me grows and lives with Christ in the lead. As the HS grows within the HS grows stronger and our lives, our hearts change.We become more loving in all ways. Only Christ in us can make this change, we cannot do this on our own. :rolleyes:

We are children of God because He loves us. It is the Holy Spirit that makes all the difference. This new birth is spiritually. When we accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior we received the Holy Spirit. This new birth changes us from the inside out. We should share thhis Good News with others so they will have the opportunity to become children of God>

We are children of God in the spiritual sense and not the physical. The Holy Spirit comes into believers at the new birth (at the point they accept the Lord Jesus as Saviour)to give thhe new life. The new birth then makes us do the right things (live righteous lives)through the leading and power of the Holy Spirit.

We are children of God in the spiritual sense and not the physical. The Holy Spirit comes into believers at the new birth (at the point they accept the Lord Jesus as Saviour)to give thhe new life. The new birth then makes us do the right things (live righteous lives)through the leading and power of the Holy Spirit.

We are children of God because His spirit is in us once we are born again. He is our Father, and are to live by his word. Whatever He said is true. We must be obidient to ALL that is in our life that is directed by the word of God. The Holy Spirit is the new birth in us because once we are born again the Holy Spirit takes up resident in our heart. It than guide us and teaches us what we need to do in order to enter into the Kingdom of God. The new birth change us by getting ride of the old self that was within us and we began to be more like our Lord and Savor. It's just a one day event it's our life from the time of Salvation until we go to our Father in Heaven.

It is indeed a wonder that God should take us with hearts of sin and darkness, redeem us through the blood of His precious Son and call us His children. I cannot comprehend such love. We are His children in the sense that we have been adopted into His family through the blood of Christ and the sanctifing work of the Holy Spirit.

The new birth does change us and our desire is to be like Him: to walk before Him and be holy. It is the work of the Holy Spirit. I don't know how it works but it does. He changes us! How blessed we are to be part of His family. It seems to me "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God" is an understatement. There don't seem to be words in the human realm to describe who God is and what He has done.

God Bless all my brothers and sisters in Him!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

We are children of God through our rebirth in His Son, Jesus Christ. In our rebirth we are given the Holy Spirit, and change in that we recognize God through Spirit and ourselves as a part of God.

• In what sense are we "children of God"?Through our spiritual birth we a born "children of God".
  • What does the Holy Spirit have to do with this "new birth"?The Holy Spirit works within those God has chosen for Himself, renewing us, often as we are unaware of His work within us. At some point we realize the change that the Holy Spirit has brought upon us, and declare Christ as Lord and Savior.
  • How does the new birth change us?New birth brings us an awareness of God's righteousness and Christ's redeeming work on our behalf—and we respond with love, desiring to be more like He who gave His life for us, and rose beyond death, to justify us as God's children.

468X60MOUSE.gif

Click HERE to sponsor a child today

We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God

1Jn 2:29 If you know that Christ has God's approval, you also know that everyone who does what God approves of has been born from God.

1Jn 3:1 Consider this: The Father has given us his love. He loves us so much that we are actually called God's dear children. And that's what we are. For this reason the world doesn't recognize us, and it didn't recognize him either.

1Jn 3:2 Dear friends, now we are God's children. What we will be isn't completely clear yet. We do know that when Christ appears we will be like him because we will see him as he is.

John is speaking of us as spiritual children of God...yes He created us physically but because of His love for us and the sending of the Holy Spirit to live in us is amazing. The Holy Spirit has come to give to us new life and the Holy Spirit Himself will testify to that. This birth should give to us a greater understanding of the love that the Father has for us and it should also give to us a desire to live a more righteous life and a greater need for a certain closeness to the Lord.

Q1 As Christians, we are baptized of water and the spirit, so we have received the Spirit

of son-ship which we can call God 'Abba Father.'

As children of God, we know that God is righteous and those who does what is right

has been born of Him.

God gave His Spirit to us and His Spirit dwells in our heart to bring us new life and

we can rightly claimed ourselves as sons and daughters of God, for the Spirit himself

testifies with our spirit that we are His children.

This new birth helps us to live a righteous life, to walk in the footstep of Jesus

and helps us not follow the flesh of the world.

In what sense are we "children of God"?

It is the children of God in a sense that we are spiritual children of God. It is not of physical offspring. We are spiritually born of him

What does the Holy Spirit have to do with this "new birth"?

The Holy Spirit is sent by God to comes into our heart and bring us new life.

How does the new birth change us?

We can see the kingdom of God. We can see what is right. We do what is right. We purify ourselves from sin. We do good works that are prepared by God in advance (Ephesians 2:10)

We are children of God because we are born of Him....a spiritual birth...as important as our natural birth and what God intends all to obtain after the natural birth. To be born naturally makes us a child of our parents and inhabitants of this world. To be born spiritually makes us a child of God and inhabitants of God's kingdom. Because we are children of God, we have the characteristics of our Father in Heaven and the HS works within us to make us like Jesus.

The HS is the One who brings the new birth (spiritual). He is the One who draws us to the Lord and the One who gives us faith to believe and the One who brings about the new birth....so we cannot boast that we did it ourselves ... because it would be impossible to do without the HS.

The new birth makes us a "new creature" (I Cor.). It is the beginning of a "child" in the kingdom...we are being changed by the HS to be like Jesus. The HS also gives us the desire to follow and adore Jesus and testifies of Jesus to us (John 16). He gives us the desire to learn about Jesus by drawing us to the Word of God....and a desire to commmunicate with our new Father by communicating in prayer.

WHEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN, WE ARE NOW CHILDREN OF GOD IN THAT WE NOW HAVE A SPIRITUAL BIRTH, NOT JUST A PHYSICAL BIRTH. WE ARE NOW BORN AGAIN FROM ABOVE, NOT BELOW. BORN OF THE SPIRIT, NOT OF THE FLESH.THE HOLY SPIRIT BEARS WITNESS TO THIS NEW BIRTH BY BEARING WITNESS WITH OUR SPIRIT THAT WE A SONS OF GOD, OR CHILDREN OF GOD, WHEREBY WE CAN NOW CRY, ABBA, FATHER.THE NEW BIRTH CHANGES US FROM THE INSIDE OUT. WE ARE NOW BEING TRANSFORMED INTO THE IMAGE OF GOD'S SON, GOING FROM FAITH TO FAITH AND GLORY TO GLORY.I'M A WORK IN PROGRESS.!!

When we are born again by the Spirit of God we become Gods Children.

Our Spiritual birth identifies us as God's Children.

It is through the work of the Holy Spirit that we are born again, and adopted into God'sFamily.

The Holy Spirit dwells within us and we are Changed from Glory to Glory.

No one can call Him Lord, except by His Spirit (1Cor. 12:3), this is how we know we belong to Him, that we're the apple of His eye, and He goes with us where ever we go (He will never leave us or forsake us).

Holy Spirit comes to reside within us at the new birth. He is our comforter, counselor, clothing us with power from on high (Luke 24:49) and empowering us to be His witnesses to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8).

In order to be children of God, we must except the Son (Jesus Christ) as our Lord and Savior. Then God becomes our spiritual Father.

The Holy Spirit leads and guides us down the righteous pathway with is often narrow and lets of know when we have sinned.

To know that Jesus died for us and then prepared a place for us to live with him for eternity makes me feel good inside. Makes me excited, to work on living holy. Now I know that I am not without sin because God is constantly pruming my character. Nevertheless I will continue to strive to live holy.

Patricia

Through the Holy Spirit coming to abide in us, we have been changed. God cannot be in the presence of sin, so He has to change us in order to dwell in us. He does this by changing us-cleaning out the dross and putting in new stuff. That is the new birth-it is spiritual, and yet it changes everything about us. We become aware of our sins, and we want to do the right thing. And, when we are tempted to do the wrong thing, the Holy Spirit rises up on the inside and lets us know that we have been bought with a price, and we should act accordingly.

We have been adopted into God's family WOW !!!! accepted in Christ as son's and heirs - co-heirs with Christ. what blessings are ours. This is a legal transaction made for us by Christ through His sacrifice and resurrection.

The Holy Spirit is God's stamp of ownership on us (Ephesians 1:12) He is our foretaste of the glory that is to come (1 Cor 6:19, 2 Cor1:21) We belong to Jesus Christ through the renewing of our spirits by God's Holy Spirit we have been born again into His family. Change? This depends on our willingness to trust and obey our Lord... if we do this HE will change us more and more through the power of His Spirit living within us.

blessings - kiwidenis

John tells us we are to be born again if we are to be a child of God. How can this be? Are we to get back into our mother's womb? No The Spirit "births" us to a spiritual child of God. We change from being like the world to being like God.

We are spiritual "children of God.

The Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are his children.

Once we have asked Jesus to "take over", and we give our lives to God, the Holy Spirit comes into our heart and starts the process of sanctification to change us. I felt relieved, renewed, different when I gave my life to God. Sometimes in my journey I haven't recognised myself, and realised just how much I have changed. It's wonderful!