JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Praying According to God's Will

The two conditions to answered prayer are 1)our obedience and 2)God's will.

We determine God's will by reading the Bible and asking Him to reveal His will to us.

Our prayers are seldomed answered when our main motive is to achieve our will. God will answer a self centered prayer only if it bring's about His will in some way.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently? When we do things that are pleasing before God, keeping His commandments and His statutes, we will receive His blessings. I look to His scriptures when I ask Him to call folks in my family. I say

when we know that we have eternal life needles to say,we can go before the lord with confidence.we know that if we ask anything according to gods will,he will hear us.in general way the answer is that gods will is revealed to us in the sacred scriptures,and we should be study the word in order to get to know him.

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22) How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently? How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

The two conditions to answered prayer given in 1 John are. "our obedience, and "God's will." We determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently by reading the Word of God to find out what His will is. When we know God's will we can pray confidently knowing that He will answer our prayer. Our prayers are always answered, with a yes or a no. When our main motive is to achieve our will if keep His commandments and our work pleasing to God then He hears us and and answers. "And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 1 John 3:22 (KJV).

Obedience is the Key to answered Prayer, God does not necessarily give us what we want but he answers faith and supplies us with what we need, according to His will for our lives .

We can choose to make soul decisions or decisions based in the Spirit.

We must pray according to the Word, and be guided by the Spirit rather than fall into the trap of following the dictates of the flesh.

God reads each persons heart and he probes and tests the inner motives and intentions of the heart when he answers prayers.

He knows the true state of our hearts.

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22) How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently? How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

The two conditions in 1st John for prayer is that prayer is granted to those that obey God, and prayer is meant to bring about God's will, so that is what we should be seeking when we pray: what His will is for the given situation we are praying about. We search the Scriptures and pray to Him to reveal what it is that He wants to bring about. When our main motive for praying to God is to bring about our will, it is more likely that it won't be answered because we are asking amiss, seeking to gratify our own selfish desires.

The two conditions for answered prayer are that we pray what is God's Will, and that we are obedient to God.

We determine God's Will by reading the bible and growing closer to Him, then we will know that what we ask for is His Will.

When our main motive is to achieve our will, our prayers will not be answered.

:wub:

Obedience and the will of God. As long as it line up with the word of God than we can pray boldly like Jesus did in the garden. Our pray will not be answered if we are asking for our own will not the will of God. Everything thing we do is to glorify the Kingdom of God not for us to get the glory or for self motive.

Two conditions to answer prayers is our obedience in praying Gods' will. If we study scripture and apply in our lives and not pray for things such as wealth or riches; we can come bodly to the throne of grace asking if it be Gods' will, our prayers will be answered in Gods' timing. If our main motive is to seek our will our prayers will not be answered; we should discuss with Him what He wants for us and if we align our prayers to His will He will hear us and you could be assured of an answered.

Patricia

• 3 weeks later...

God's will and our obedience are two conditions. God's will for us is to live righteously and holy. Doing this we can approach Him confidently,knowing that He will answer our prayer. We need to be specific on what we pray for boldly. Our prayers will be answered each time, but, not in the time frame we want. We must wait on God's time. He's never late but He's always on time. Patience is the operative word!

What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22.)

First, we walk in the light, do not love the world. It is our obedience. Second, we ask it according to his will.

How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently?

We determine God

What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22)

Our obedience....and God's will

By the study of scripture in knowing what the Father is in favor of....He is not a giant gumball machine to hand out prizes that are not in His Holiness.

How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

Our prayers may be answered....but perhaps with a NO......just like any parent God wants only our good.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John?

When we pray according to His Will and that we have the confidence that our prayers are heard by God.

We get to know His Word on a personal basis. God's Word is His Will.

How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

The Bible does not state that we can pray according to our wills.

• 4 months later...

We must be thankful and praise God for what we have. We are not wise enough to know what we need deeply, but if we study His word we'll know how to be obedient. God knows in advance as we evolve in this manner, This helps us to know his will and be and act properly. Still we are human and find times we must repent to God and also forgive others.

Our prayers are answered when we are recognizing we don't deserve anything from Him but love Him for His Grace and love He has already given us; mainly by grace we are given things from God and for no other reason.

• 9 months later...

1. Our obedience to God, and Gods will

2. We read the Bible, study Jesus life and words. It is hard to pray boldly, confidently because God has planned for us the best as long as we love and worship Him.

3. Gods will is always better than our will. When we have needs, such as food and water, we pray for them and God provides for ourneeds as He did for the Israelites in the desert.

• 4 months later...

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22.) How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently? How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

Answer:

1.What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John?

1 John 3:22-23-and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do the things that are pleasing to him. 3:23 Now this is his commandment: that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he gave us the commandment.

1 John 5:14-15-And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 5:15 And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him.

Answered Prayers does not come from,following this,or doing that…I don’t believe that God WILL GIVE CONDITION for Him(GOD) to answered Prayers..because if He did,then man will no longer search Him,no longer fellowship with Him,but will just memorize,and be like the man that HIS CONDITION IMPOSE…It is not relationship….

God provide Rain,for the just and the unjust..He let the sun shine on the sinner and those that has no sin…GOD WILL ANSWER PRAYERS FOR THOSE WHOM HE WANTS TO SHOW HIS MERCY…TO THE JUST AND THE UNJUST…GOD ALWAYS ANSWER SINCERE PRAYERS..EVEN WHEN PETER IS DROWNING…AND HE UTTERED THE THREE WORDS THAT HAS NO FORMALITIES,NO PREAMBLE,BUT COMPLETE OF TRUST,AND RELIANCE…”LORD SAVE ME”

Matt 14:30-31-But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying Lord, save me. 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand.

And if you noticed Jesus reaction to his need…in verse 31..AND IMMEDIATELY JESUS STRETCH FORTH HIS HAND….

Peter did not say…Lord Save me…in your most holy name ,in your most holy name Lord Jesus amen….

God see our the sincerity of our heart..I am not saying that we should not pray in Jesus name..in fact I pray always in Jesus name..because the Bible says so..and if the Bible says so it must be true:

John 14:13-14-And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

There is no perfect prayers that we must follow,there is no perfect position in praying,whether you are kneeling,lying,sitting or standing…

It is between the you and God..Jesus said ASK……A as in ASK…..S..as in SEEK…K as in KNOCK..for all who Ask receiveth,and for those who seek Find,and for those who knock,the door will be open…

There is no condition or pre requisite how you will ask,seek and knock.It is between you and God.

Matthew 7:8- For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened

2 How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently?

GOD’S WILL IS FOR US TO KNOW JESUS,AND BELIEVE ON THE THINGS THAT HE HAS DONE FOR US…THAT IS WHY HE TOLD US TO END OUR PRAYERS…IN JESUS NAME…for we are claiming our prayers not on things that we have done,on the righteousness that we think we have,but based on WHAT JESUS HAS DONE FOR US….IN JESUS NAME.

God says to remind Him,to put Him in remembrance…so we remindHim,put Him in remembrance…Lord this prayer you must answer because I pray this by the blood of Jesus that He shed for me…amen

Isaiah 43:26-PUT ME IN REMEMBRANCE….

3 How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

When our will get in line with His will..When we allow Him to put His laws into our mind,and allow Him to write it in our hearts…He will put His desire ino our Hearts,and it becomes our desire…

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The two conditions to answered prayer are our obedience and God’s will. Reading the scriptures can tell us what God’s will is allowing us to boldly pray with confidence that He hears us. I do not believe that God will answer our prayers if we pray about the wrong things, nor will He answer if we pray about our own motives to achieve our own will. God will respond to our prayers if we align them to His will.

• 11 months later...

The two conditions required for answered prayer are obedience and God's will.

We determine God's will through scripture and prayer. I don't think our prayers are ever answered when the main motive is to achieve our will. Our will and God's should be one and toward the same end.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22)

We must keep His commands and do what pleases Him. We must also pray in line with God's will. No good asking God for a million dollars.

Bible study. Read it and find out what God likes and hates. Pray according to what we know He desires for us and not for things we know God is against.

Good luck getting an answer to any prayer sometimes. From my experience God seems to answer some people's prayers far more readily than he does for others. I know a lady who just blunders through life, doing drugs, getting drunk, sleeping with men, using people, yet when she needs something she prays to God and doors just open for her in a way that could only be described as miraculous. Everything gets provided. I was in a Christian band with another blunderer whom God was always cleaning up after. He'd make horrendous mistakes in the choices he'd make and God would have to go into miracle mode to fix it, very often at the expense of his bandmates.

I coulnd't count the number of times I drove to work in my truck, begging God to heal my wife who was sick at home with a migraine. It broke my heart to leave her alone in that condition with our pre-school aged daughter but I had to do my job as the sole money earner. Would it have been contrary to His will for God to take away that intense suffering? Never once did He even lessen the pain or reduce the length of her migraines. I gotta say that was almost a deal breaker between me and God. Where was His love when it was so desperately needed? Would it have killed Him to be "The God who heals you"?

Now I know people will say that all things work together for good for those who love God. Maybe He was using her suffering to steer her towards a path of closer ties with Him, a more submitted life. If that was the case He certainly picked a pretty brutal way of doing that.

I also couldn't count the number of times I begged God to help strengthen my marriage . . . yet here I sit, divorced. God hates divorce, yet He allowed things to deteriorate until there was no reconcilliation possible. There as as many divorced Christians as there are divorced non-Christians. How many of them prayed to God for help?

I know a couple who prayed over their children as they grew up, only to see their eldest boy wind up in jail for car theft and drug offenses and their daughter have a kid out of wedlock. They don't go to church any more. Wonder why?

God says: I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy. At least that scripture is true.

I apologize for this extremely negative post, but some of you who seem to always have God's face shine upon you need to realize that in many cases He doesn't seem to care. We all do our best to stand on the promises of God, but many of us have the rug pulled from under us.

• 8 months later...

The two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John is God’s will and our obedience. The way to determine God’s will is to be reading the Bible. It is in there that we can learn what his will is and what it is not. Probably we won’t get the answer we want if we are motivated by our will and not that of God’s.

• 4 months later...

3a)2 conditions to answered prayer i/living lives that are obedient to his direction for us in the bible &ii/praying requests that are in line with his will for our lives.

b)If we read&study His divine Word, in the Scriptures to find indications of what God is in favour of.e.gbringing relief to the poor and oppressed through a food bank.instead of what displeases God aiming to gain wealth

.Weighing up each situation in prayer to discern his will, then when have peace about what is in God’s favour for us, seek to follow through prompting of HS of that which pleases God&glorifies Him.

c)Never, if we pray confusing our motives,praying selfishly selfwill &self glory, instead of glorifying God.

• 1 month later...

There are 2 conditions to answered prayer.  One is our obedience and the other is God's will.  I pray for and ask if it be your will. God knows better than we do what we need.  If it is our will rarely will what we want be achieved.  I thought I knew what I wanted years ago.  I prayed so hard.  Of course I did not get it.  I now thank God that he did not give it to me.  He always knows best.  His will.

• 6 months later...

The two conditions to answered prayer is to ask according to His will and to know that He hears us. To find His will, we can search the scriptures as well as seek Him in prayer. If we ask according to our will, He may not hear us or He may give us what we ask for and let it teach us a lesson.