JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Entering the Kingdom

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (John 3:3-5) What does "entering the Kingdom" have to do with being "born anew"?

I believe Jesus is explaining that we were created as 3 part beings, and that when we were born, we came into the world in a "fallen" state due to Adam and Eve's decision to disobey God which resulted in their fall from their glorified state. (Their "light" of glory went out and they suddenly discovered their fleshly bodies, subject to death and decay.) From then on every human being is born with a dormant or unregenerate spirit, until one chooses to obey God and follow His "prescription" for becoming fully alive through asking the King of Glory to come in and dwell inside us. Jesus had not yet died nor been resurrected, so He gave a word picture to describe what He was going to provide for all who would come to Him in belief and surrender. This then is entering the Kingdom of God: We are now fully alive in Christ,(all 3 parts) and though our body of flesh will die (if not raptured), our "resurrected spirit" will never die and we will live with Him forever!!!

Which do you think is the best translation here: "born again," "born anew," or "born from above." Defend your reasoning.

Probably born "anew" is a better translation, but born "again" is what I prefer to use when sharing Christ. When I say: "we were dead in our sins, but Jesus has made a way for us to be born again into new life", it seems to resonate with the hearer. It seems more definitive to me that we were "in the grave without hope", rather than "comatose" needing to wake up (which is what "anew" brings to mind for me) I think of our fallen spirit as being like a human "egg".... Full of potential for life, but until it is penetrated by and fertilized by a sperm is it not "life".

I'm sure all three terms are correct, but I know how DEAD I was, and I didn't just awaken to God, I was raised up from total darkness and death. How I praise Him for eternal life and abundant life here on earth and for the privilege of walking with Him and sharing His amazing love and grace with others!

Q2. (John 3:3-5) What does "entering the Kingdom" have to do with being "born anew"? Which do you think is the best translation here: "born again," "born anew," or "born from above"? Defend your reasoning.

Next we should point out that at first glance this answer of Christ seems to be entirely foreign to Nicodemus

Q2. (John 3:3-5) What does "entering the Kingdom" have to do with being "born anew"? Which do you think is the best translation here: "born again," "born anew," or "born from above"? Defend your reasoning.

Answer:

John 3;3-5-Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

1.What does "entering the Kingdom" have to do with being "born anew"?

To enter the Kingdom of God a person has to be born anew. That is born of God into the family of God by believing that Jesus is the Christ. Just as a child is born into their earthly family through their mother, a person is born into the family of God through the Lord Jesus Christ. The only difference is that they do not have to come through the womb, but the new birth is brought about by the Spirit of God.

Personally, I like the term

The Kingdom of God is where the Holy One rules and only transformed ones who have been born anew can enter it. They must have received the Holy spirit who perfect their transformation. Those who have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour

Born anew or from above are the better translation because the other, born again implies that one will repeat the process of the physical birth. This is not correct.

It's preparing us to enter the spiritual kingdom. The requirements are different than simply being born of an earthly father & mother. We choose to be born anew!

I like the term "born anew" as that shows it is dealing with a whole different kingdom. A spritual birth for a spiritual kingdom.

a) Being born again or born anew is speaking from a spiritual context and not a physical context. We cannot enter the Kingdom of God, until we first accept Jesus as our Saviour, which though done physically with our mouths, the spiritual connotation is confirmed when we also believe with our heart. (Romans 10:9)

B) I believe the best translation is the born from above.

c) Being born from above does not leave any room to assume or guess where the rebirth comes from. In my personal opinion, the translation,

It is impossible for anyone to enter the Kingdom of God unless they have confessed and accepted Christ as their Savior.

I would say that "born anew" is probably the best translation. When we accept Christ,we are "born anew" through the Holy Spirit working within our spirit.

Q2. (John 3:3-5) What does "entering the Kingdom" have to do with being "born anew"? Well we are human bodies and since flesh and blood can not enter heaven, we have to have a different body that can survive in the environment where we will live.

Which do you think is the best translation here: "born again," "born anew," or "born from above"? Born from above.

Defend your reasoning. Actually I refer to myself as

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (John 3:3-5) What does "entering the Kingdom" have to do with being "born anew"? Which do you think is the best translation here: "born again," "born anew," or "born from above." Defend your reasoning.

"One cannot enter the kingdom of heaven unless one is born anew." So, in search for entering the kingdom, one has to first be born anew. My best translation is "born from above". We agree that the kingdom of God is that from above. The second birth Jesus referred to was Spiritual birth which is controlled from above. When one is born from above, they have the right to enter the kingdom of God. To me, this is what Jesus was teaching.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus tells us that one cannot enter the Kingdom of God unless he is born again of water and the Spirit. So in order to enter the Kingdom you must be "born anew" or "born again". I prefer the translation "born again" because; when we enter into this world the "first" time we have no control or say-so. When we accept Jesus as our Savior, we choose our second birth and we are "born again" Christians.

Q2. (John 3:3-5) What does entering the Kingdom have to do with being born anew? Which do you think is the best translation here: born again, born anew, or born from above. Defend your reasoning.

When one is "born anew" simulteneously one enters into the Kingdom of God. The best translation is "born from above." To be "born from above" is to be "born anew," being born not in the likeness of the old Adam but of the Spirit, in Christ Jesus.

2a)Entering the kingdom of God comes about with a change in us, repenting of sins, accepting Jesus as our saviour &Lord our lives, born anew as a believer into God

• 3 weeks later...