JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. The Great Multitude

Pastor Ralph

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Revelation 7:9-18). From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne? Let's not debate whether they are the 144,000 or not. But what is their origin? What does their spirit within them cause them to do? What does the first verse of the song "Amazing Grace" have to do with 7:14?

To lift our heart and soul to the loving God, There Origin: They are the slain people of Rev. 7:10

Amazing Grace: To say thanks to Gods because we can now believe and see.

Pax

Karl

• 4 months later...

Q4. (Revelation 7:9-18). From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne? Let's not debate whether they are the 144,000 or not. But what is their origin? What does their spirit within them cause them to do? What does the first verse of the song ";Amazing Grace" have to do with 7:14?

This vast multitude, from every tribe and tongue and nation, are those rescued for God

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Q4. (Revelation 7:9-18). From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne? Let's not debate whether they are the 144,000 or not. But what is their origin? What does their spirit within them cause them to do? What does the first verse of the song "Amazing Grace" have to do with 7:14?

what is their origin? They came out of the great tribulation.

What does their spirit within them cause them to do? The spirt of God causes them to serve him day and night.

What does the first verse of the song "Amazing Grace" have to do with 7:14? It shows that we were once lost but now saved.

• 5 months later...

Q4. (Revelation 7:9-18). From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne?

They are of Nations (Gentile Christians) Tribes (in the NT all the persons descending from one of the twelve sons of the patriarch, Jacob) People (a great part of the population of the same kind) and Tongue (a language)

What does their spirit within them cause them to do?

The Spirit draws us to the Son of God, and once we choose to put our trust in Christ, we also receive power to walk in righteousness, as we are called to do.

Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. This is what Christ came to do, reconcile us to His Father.

Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

What a beautiful picture of the cross.

• 2 weeks later...

:) Q.4 -- From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the 'great multitude' before the throne?

vs. 14 states that 'these are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.' So -- obviously it will be possible to be 'saved' during that time. 11Thessalonians 2:11 -- And for this reason God will send them a strong delusion, that they should believe the lie. This chapter talks about 'that day' coming.

Those who are left here and see the wrath of God will be able to accept Christ as Savior -- but they will believe the lie first and then some will accept Christ.

They are wanting to serve God day and night in His temple-- and He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.

Because God's grace is amazing !!!

:) Sue D.

• 1 month later...

The origin of the great multitude is all nations, languages and tribes. Their spirit causes them to worship and praise God.

First of "Amazing Grace"----------------------------------------- Rev. 7:14

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound-------------------------And he said,

That saved a wretch like me!----------------------------------"These are they who have come out of the great tribulation;

I once was lost, but now am found;----------------------------they have washed their robes and made them white

Was blind, but now I see.--------------------------------------- in the blood of the Lamb.

The "wretch like me" is one of those who have come out of the" great tribulation" and whose sins have been forgiven by the Grace of God, thanks to the blood shed by Jesus on the cross.

• 1 month later...

I understand that they came from everywhere, the entire world. The Spirit in me gives me joy and confirmation that God is present in my life. It guides me and affirms when I do the right thing. i need to learn to listen to God more, to wait on Him and to know that He will show me the way,and light my path.

It is by His grace that I was led to this point in my life, and it is very important that I focus on my faith now and on learning to listen to His voice. Praise God for His grace, mercy and wisdom. Praise God for His amazing Grace, without it we'd all be very very lost in this fallen world. Thank you almight Father for sending Jesus to give us this Grace and for the HOly Spirit that is impreganted in me.

in Jesus name.

Amen

Those who have made it before the throne are those who have suffered and died for their faith in Christ. They were made pure by His blood, they are the lucky [blessed] ones to be with Him now.

Their spirit caused them to worship and serve our King no matter what, to have that eternal reward, by giving it all to Him.

In Amazing Grace, "the sound" connects us to THE feeling of being redeemed, of being saved, restored by His blood. It is indeed a sweet sound to focus upon, to drawn us to worship our God, our maker, redeemer, our friend. We will never really be deserving of the Grace we get, as sinners, but His love draws us to Him so that we submit to Him, His peace for us, to give us "complete joy" as Jesus said in John 15. It is amazing and a great but undeserved blessing.

• 4 months later...

The kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne are people from every nation, tribe, people and tongue. Their spirit within them cause them to cry with a loud voice and offer worship to God. The first verse of the song "Amazing Grace" shares a deep gratitude to God for His grace and that He saved us and kept us through eternity. A wretch like me! Thank you God!

These people just want to worship the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. They are from the church. They worship and serve Him day and night. We once were lost, but now we are found by God and have been given eternal life once we believe in Him. Alleluia!!!!

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Revelation 7:9-18).

From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne?

Let's not debate whether they are the 144,000 or not. But what is their origin?

What does the first verse of the song "Amazing Grace" have to do with 7:14?

The

• 4 months later...

The great multitude before the throne are 'those who have come out of the great tribulation.' By the grace of God they have overcome the evil one by placing their trust in Jesus and being dependent on His teachings to live their lives. They were now free to worship God to His face! Because He loved us enough to save us, we are free to follow our 'Good Shepard' that will lead us to God. Amazing grace!

• 2 weeks later...

That God's plan of salvation was available to all people - no matter their race, class, social status, age, level of intellect, etc. - and that people of all nations, languages, social standards and such took advantage of Jesus' atoning sacrifice and are now in the very presence of God. . .

• 1 month later...

Answer:The origin of 144,000 are from all over the earth,of different races,languages,but THE SAME FAITH.

Their Spirit just wants to praise,Glorify ,WORSHIP GOD

• 4 weeks later...

The "great multitude" is the people who are already in Heaven at the time of the Lord's 2nd coming at the end of time. The multitudes come from "all nations"! The spirit is reformed to be with Christ for eternity. They all bow down and worship God!!

Amazing Grace has to do with the fact that I was a retched sinner and He redeemed my soul.. He paid the ultimate price for us....I was once lost but I am found now....

• 2 months later...

From this passage, we see this was a great multitude no one could count, so it is an amazing amount. They are from every Nation, every Tribe, every kind of people with every kind of language. The Spirit within them causes them to cry out in a loud voice:

"Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"

Interesting they all cry out the same thing being every kind of people with every kind of language!

Then we ponder on an amazing song: Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me, and we compare it to Revelation 7:14: And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

I answer in more hymn! Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow."

The saints cry " Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne and to the Lamb." We too, in singing these songs of praise to Jesus, say Salvation is His and through AMAZING grace, He saved us in our wretchedness, washed our sin away and made us white as snow! Jesus paid it all.

• 1 month later...

They are a plethora of people from every tribe, tongue and nation of the earth. They are the ones who came out of the great tribulation and are cleansed by having their robes washed in the blood of the Lamb. Their spirits cause them to cry out loudly with praise and thanksgiving to God Almighty in continual worship of Him.

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me!

I once was lost, but now am found;

Was blind, but now I see.

Interestingly, the redeemed cry out loudly in one accord,

• 3 months later...

The people that make up the great multitude was for differ language and from every nation and tribe. The spirit that was within them cause them to lift up their hands.

It let them know that God saved them and they was once lost but know they are in fornt of the living God praising him and give him all the glory.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The people who make up the great multitude are from every nation, language and land.  They stand before the Lamb holding palm branches and wearing white robes.  They have come through the great tribulation and they belong to the Lamb.  They are singing.  The song Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.  I once was lost but now am found was blind but I see.  Without that precious blood of our Savior, and us being washed in His bloold, we would have nothing and be nothing.  We would not be able to bow before him in Heaven and sing.

• 2 years later...

Q4. (Revelation 7:9-18). From this passage what do we learn about the kind of people who make up the "great multitude" before the throne?

They're committed to God, to serving Him and obeying Him, even through the great tribulation. They've been faithful to Christ and washed in His blood, and now they've been rewarded with salvation and being in the presence of God forever.

Let's not debate whether they are the 144,000 or not. But what is their origin?

They're from all over the world, every country. I also get from this passage that there are significantly more than 144,000 too. The passage states that they are a great multitude that no one could count, whereas the 144,000 have been counted. I believe this great multitude to be faithful Christians who comprise the Kingdom of God.  

They praise God for their salvation and worship Him, and they serve Him day and night.

What does the first verse of the song "Amazing Grace" have to do with 7:14? 

I honestly can't see much of a connection, apart from the whole sinner being saved by the Grace of God.

• 5 months later...

The people that made up the “great multitude” were the Christians worldwide. They came from all over the world and believed in Jesus Christ. The Spirit within them caused them to worship God. The song “Amazing Grace” is saying that we realize that it was Jesus’ blood that has caused us to be saved and not our own doing.