Q1. Jesus Suffered for You

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Q1. (2:21) According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

According to Peter 2:21 Jesus suffered for me personally because the verse states that I was called, Christ suffered for me leaving me as example and that I should follow in his foot steps.

• 6 months later...

According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?  Like Peter, we are all sinners and have, at one time or another, denied Him.  I too am a sinner and have denied Him.  He took my place and bore the punishment that I deserve and has chosen to forgive me.  Because He suffered and died for me, I don’t have to and by His grace I can look forward to eternal life.  “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.” (1 Peter 3:18)  He died in the body so His Holy Spirit can live in me!

• 5 months later...

Jesus' consistent message through the gospels is one of peace, when many around him claimed to be Messiahs or followed "Messiahs" who were just terrorists who wanted to fight the Romans and supposedly achieve religious freedom. Jesus was the only one speaking against this suicidal foolishness and advocating cooperation with the Romans, while returning to their faith in God and following God's law. He was so committed to these principles, he was prepared to die for them. He suffered for me to show me that violence or war are never justified and it is better to do anything to achieve peace and avoid conflict, even dying if there is no other option. His actions as described in the Gospels show us the way to live our lives.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(2:21) According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

Jesus suffered for us personally so that we can be set free by taking on our sins.  Also, Jesus was an example for us that when we live our life for others we may suffer too.

On 2/26/2004 at 2:12 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (2:21) According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

Jesus suffered for me personally by accepting death by cruxifiction, by sacrificing his life humbly without looking to make excuses to his accusers, so that I would have life with the Father and that my relationship with the Father would be restored. Such great love I can not understand, but I thank God that He loves me that much to sacrifice his only Son for me. Lord help me to love like that without counting the cost to myself. 

A. He was maltreated, physically and spiritually tormented and crucified to die for the sin on man and of course my sin

On 2/25/2004 at 10:12 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. Jesus suffered for me personally, as the substitute for my sins, enduring unimaginable pain. Isaiah 53:4-8 describes the physical, emotional and spiritual pain he suffered for me, to redeem me from "my father the devil, the father of lies" and to forgive me of all my sins, past, present and future. To give me the gift of eternal life in His Presence forever!

Emotionally "Jesus was despised and rejected and forsaken by men and acquainted with grief". He was scorned, spit upon, mocked, degraded, and hung naked on the cross, which was the ultimate shame and humiliation. "all who see me laugh at me and mock me, shoot out the lip and shake the head saying "He trusted the Lord to deliver Him....let Him deliver Him seeing that He delights in Him!" " They open their mouths like a ravening and roaring lion".   I am a worm and no man; I am the scorn of men and despised by the people Psalm, 22. .He endured the agony of watching Mary, His mother in anguish at the foot of the cross, and appointed John to "be her mother" as a comfort and provision for her suffering and future care. The blood shed from the crown of thorns healed my emotional wounds to set me free to think His thoughts

Physically Jesus was scourged until the bones in his back and legs were exposed, he had walked a great distance in that condition then his hands and feet were nailed to the cross with large metal spikes. "I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart is like wax, softened with anguish and melted down within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, with thirst my tongue cleaves to my jaws. You have brought me to the dust of death." Psalm 22. "He has borne our griefs and sicknesses and sorrows. With His stripes that wounded Him, we are healed and made whole" Isaiah 53:5

Spiritually Jesus suffered for me, the ultimate terror, that of being separated for the first time from His Father, Crying "My God, My God, why have you abandoned Me, leaving me helpless, forsaking and failing Me in My need?" Mt. 27:46.  That was the first time Jesus referred to His Father as My "God", so that I can call God, "My Father, My Abba daddy". In that abandonment He experienced my abandonment, rejection and separation by my parents. (I love that our Father, gave Jesus the comfort of a new believer hanging beside Him, in the repentant thief who joined Jesus in His death) Also, "The Lord has made to light upon Jesus the guilt and iniquity of us all". Isaiah 53:6, I Peter 2:24,25.

On 2/26/2004 at 0:12 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Christ personally suffered for our sins so we could be set free from the bondage of sin. Though he was sinless, he bore our sins on the cross.  

Jesus redeemed my life, bore my sin on the cross, and He exchanged my unrighteousness for His righteousness so that I am able to go into the presence of God. He without sin, bore my sin death so that I can share with what God has in store for His beloved son.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2004 at 5:12 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Lord Jesus, Your love is so boundless and unimaginable. You accepted our Father's will to be seperated from Him, His love, for a time; that we should be joined and know of His love through You and Your Holy Spirit into eternity. How could You bear seperation from our Father's love? How can anyone of us? And what of your lost sheep? You look over them, Guardian of their souls, yearning that they again turn back to our Father's love. And of us, we are to follow You, Your Word, the Great Commisison, in love and honour of Your boundless love for us, each one of us. So, please help us Father, Son and Holy Spirit, to be beautiful, to be more like You; shining beacons of Your love for others. By Your grace and Your love for us. In Christ I live.

Q1. (2:21) 
According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

Jesus’ suffering is very meaningful and personal to me, since He was without sin, and yet He died and suffered for my sins – my past, present, and future sins. At the same time, He died while I was still a sinner. He did this all to set me free from the stranglehold of sin, and to allow me to come to the Father. He died so that I may enter the Kingdom of Heaven, escape everlasting Damnation, and spend eternity with Him. To achieve all this, He who was pure and Holy, lived among sinners experiencing their abuse, hatred and unbelief. He was humiliated – wearing the crown of thorns (not the Crown of Glory), and the scarlet robe of contempt and mockery (not the robe of splendour). Subjected to scorn and pain. To be nailed to the Cross! It was a death reserved for slaves and criminals. This was a place of scorn, but it was also a place of pain. No death could be more full of agony than that of crucifixion. All of this for my sins! While living on earth, He was fully aware of the extreme suffering He would ultimately endure. On top of all this, His suffering would reach a climax when all the wrath of God against the sin of the world bore down upon Him. Surely, there is no greater love than this!

Taking this verse in context "[20.].But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. [21] To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps."

So we must expect suffering, in the footsteps of Christ's supreme example. However we hope for a great reward in heaven, nor only for ourselves but also for those with whom we engage.

Jesus suffered for me personally in that being yet a sinner(me) he (the perfect lamb of God) chose to leave his kingdom in heaven, became a servant, and was willing to die for me that I may live. He did not open his mouth when he was falsely accused, beaten, spit at, his beard pulled from his face, put to shame on a rugged cross( meant for the worst of sinners). He was momentarily separated from His communion with the Father, which for Him was an eternity for He and the Father were inseparable. THis hurt Jesus the most. He bore my sins. All this was meant for me. I was suppose to be on that cross. I have been redeemed. Full price paid for by the precious blood of Jesus.  He suffered it all for me. Salvation is a personal decision. He who believes shall be saved....

God made me in His image.  He is my heavenly Father.  He sent His Son Jesus as an intermediary between us and Him.  Jesus is humble, loving, caring, forgiving.  He gave His life on the cross so that I, through the forgiveness of my sins, through His body and blood, may partake of my Father’s heavenly kingdom.

I pray a prayer every morning.It goes like this.Lord as the new day dawns we arise with your spirit amongst us.We remember your resurrection morning and we praise you for it.You are our lord and we long to be with you.We thank you with our voices our hearts and our lives.For mans chief end is to glorify God and enjoy him.Their is not enough praise we can give Jesus for what he did for us.He bore all our sins to save us from ourselves.Many of us complain about suffering about this and that.We must remember what he did for us and except suffering as a badge of honor for Jesus.Amen.

Thanks God for live in this World, thanks God for taking care my life.

Jesus suffered for me and I know Him the only one sucrefice my sin.

Because of that I can live in freedom. Halleluyah.