JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Blaming God

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

I believe that people "blame God" for evil because first off, I don't think they truly understand who God is. You see, some think that God who has created"everything" must have also created evil. Which we know is not true. The God that we serve is a "good" God. He doesn't create evil, nor does He tempt us with evil. In (Ps.5:4) the Bible say's "For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, Nor shall evil dwell with You." God is not the author of evil. Throughout the Bible we can find scripture after scripture where man has chosen to do evil without the help of God. God don't tempt sinful people with evil, if anything He shows them mercy. God from the beginning has allowed people to chose, to serve Him or to serve the devil. Sin is a choice. The question of why does God allow evil to exist at all, that's a good one. First of all, it is possible that God has reasons for allowing evil to exist that we simply cannot understand. In this the Christian can have confidence in God knowing that His ways are above our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). As the Bible says, the just shall live by faith (Hab. 2:4). Second, God may be letting evil run its course in order to prove that evil is evil and that suffering, which is the unfortunate product of evil, is further proof that anything contrary to God

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil?Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Basically I think it's because they don't know any better, they hear it in popular culture so they join right in. In culture God seems to be a catch all for everything.

No God does not tempt us with evil as Scripture tells us.

No, sinful people (here I am assuming meaning the lost) are dead to righteousness, they don't know any better

It's all in His perfect plan

• 1 month later...

Q2. (1:13-15)

Why do people blame God for evil?

We sometimes seek to avoid all personal blame when something evil befalls us, and lash out and blame God. We are not to blame God for evil; we are to resist evil and always blame ourselves or others who tempt us, but we must never blame God.

Does God tempt us with evil?

Does he tempt sinful people with evil?

No, God does not tempt anyone. God hates evil and therefore does not lead anyone astray. We cannot blame God for the evil we do; for he will not do what he hates. Instead we must ask God to keep us from falling into temptation and doing evil deeds. We read in Scripture that Satan is the one who tempts us; he is called the tempter (Mat 4:3; 1Th 3:5). The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread" Matt 4:3 (NIV). For this reason, when I could stand it no longer, I sent to find out about your faith. I was afraid that in some way the tempter might have tempted you and our efforts might have been useless 1 Thess 3:5 (NIV). We also notice that Satan is amazingly successful in leading man into temptation and sin.

Why does he allow people to sin?

God allows us free choice to sin or not to sin. This sin comes from within us, from our old, evil, fallen, and unregenerate nature. Jesus said: For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander Matt 15:19 (NIV).

Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

God did not create the world in its present state. Evil came as a result of the selfishness of man. God is a God of love, but genuine love cannot exist unless freely given

• 1 month later...
Q2. (1:13-15) Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

hi well the reason i think they blame our lord is that they have no one elese to blame like them selves like me before i found god again i blamed friends family love ones for my down fall to temptation since i have been clean an sober an can think straight it's been my fault all alone

• 3 weeks later...

So many people don't understand what a perfect God we have and that there is no evil in Him. He cannot be tempted by evil and He does not tempt anyone. It is only the evil one that tempts us. He can not tempt sinful people with evi for there is no evil in Him He loves all people. It is the sinful nature in all of us that draws us to do things we shouldn't do. We all have a free will, that was given by God, to allow us to give in to temptation or to rebuke the evil one. We must stay strong in the Lord for our strength, otherwise we will surrender to sinful acts. We all at sometime in out lives have given in to temptation, but God is faithful to forgive us, if we repent. Disobedience brought sin into existance. Someday we will know a perfect world.

• 3 weeks later...

quote name='Pastor Ralph' date='Dec 17 2004, 06:30 PM' post='10388']

If one does not have a deep relationship with God then they may not have the understanding of the Lord, which in turn makes it easy to blame Him. They may believe that He created all so why not get rid of evil, do something about it. But God does not tempt us with evil, whether we are followers of Christ or not, He gives us a choice. We get to choose and unfortunately sin often looks more exciting and inviting then to turn the cheek and follow Christ. To our dislike of evil, well we chose it back in the garden of eden and now we have to deal with it, BUT WE ARE NOT ALONE! Some times evil is used to bring us to the Lord, when we are down and or on our last bit of strength as we say, there is that glimmer of hope that arises in us from deep down inside and we cry out to Jesus! Isn`t that great! What a Saviour we have! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that people who blame God for evil do not understand that nothing bad can come from God. They don't know God. God is good. Evil and temptation comes from self or others. God allows evil, but God does not create evil or injustice or unrighteousness. God gives people a choice. This choice opens the door to sin. But without freedom, there can't be real love. We would live in some totalitarian world, forced to react in a specific way, or we would be like robots programmed to react in a specific way.

• 2 months later...

It is very clear that we are responsible for our choices. God knows in advance what we will choose, every time. He grows us by giving us this choice. and He is very happy if we choose right, even if He know in advance. It is very foolish to say that God temps us in this fallen world. Man has created all these things in his mind that can cause us to sin and fall. We/I must be more aware that Satan is just as close as God is if we let him enter, and he is very clever. Our only hope is to keep our eyes on God and our mind on the livng desire to do His will. Praise God for any eovlution in my life on these things. I can not do it alone.

• 2 months later...

I believe people blame God for evil because they are looking for the blame somewhere else besides themselves. He does not tempt anybody. he allows people to sin so they can learn from their mistakes and hopefully not do it again. We have a lot to learn about God. He does not tempt us but wants us to learn from the mistakes and not to repeat them

• 1 month later...

people blame God because :- 1) they do not know why evil preys on them 2) they assume God is the creator of evil (whereas evil was created by His creation, the fallen ones). 3) they do not really know this loving God. 4) they dislike God allows evil to exist in their lifetime.

i do believe God loves everyone, and he will not tempt anyone with evil. that is to say, to make anyone separate from Him.

it is not God desire that man should live with evil but it was the first created Man who wanted mankind to know what was evil by eating the prohibited fruit. therefore God allows evil to exist so that mankind will generally find out how evil will make their hearts sinful. also how evil will effects their lifestyle and joy. consequently mankind will still need to trust Him to help them from evil.

• 3 weeks later...

Why people blame God is probably because they dont understand God and what he is trying to do in their lives.

God doesn't tempt us with evil,he does allow people free will, and therefore we can chose to go our way and sin. He is always constant. God allows us to be tempted for our own good, as we can grow through these times to depend on Him far more than before.

God can even use sin (our evil thoughts and actions)for good. he has the total victory. Praise God :)

• 3 weeks later...

We seem to need to blame someone - look at Adam in Genesis - it is part of our nature. I think it is built in us to first turn our minds to God - however in the distortion instead of seeking Him in love we tend to blame Him. The attributes we give to God in our weakness are not His. Evil can not be near him. Once this process is put into perspective - it is the next step that is vital. When we hit our finger accidently with a hammer - the pain might cause us to feel a blur, then react, then seek the right attention - I see my job as to try and cut out the react. It is in that react space that I can choose to sin - to swear, to offend or even hit out at a local bipasser, to accuse God.

Why do people blame God for evil? Does God tempt us with evil? Does he tempt sinful people with evil? Why does he allow people to sin? Why does he allow evil to exist at all?

Jesus taught us (in Matthew 6) what is now known as "The Lord's Prayer"

Our Father in heaven,

may your name be honored.

May your Kingdom come soon.

May your will be done here on earth,

just as it is in heaven.

Give us our food for today,*

and forgive us our sins,

just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us.

And don

• 2 weeks later...

We blame God for the same reason we blame the people or situations in our lives, as humans we struggle to see our own faults and failures.God is love therefore he can not tempt us with evil,he will allow evil or the effects of evil to influence our lives as lessons and reminders that he is sovereign.People sin due to our sinful nature,we also have free will which believe it or not is in our control.Evil exists because of satans free will and sin exists because of mans free will,but God will make all things to work for good for those who love him.Hallelujah

• 1 month later...

People blame God for evil because they want to so trust Him to solve all their problems and wipe away evil that when this does not happen they blame God and feel He has disappointed them. It is an immature belief in God in thinking "He could have prevented this." A lot of our calamity comes from our mindsets that need to be renewed and from our sin nature. We are not created to be like robots and just accept things but to actively partake in life, so to speak and in each dimension to call upon Him for guidance.

God does not tempt us with evil but He does allow the evil to come our way to strengthen us and for us to see what is in us. He does allow people to sin so that we can exercise our free will in choosing the right or wrong path. There is always a way out of sin if we surrender. Evil is necessary as this is Satan's world we are living in and the Bible tells us that we are Ambassadors for Christ, just passing through. How else can we see the hand of God work unless He intervenes on our behalf. He does show HImself strong to those that call on HIm(2 Cor.12:9, and Jer. 33:3).

• 2 weeks later...

I think people blame God because they lack wisdom and don't know any better. They do not own up, and take accountability for their own actions. - God does NOT tempt us with evil, nor does he tempt sinful people. We are tempted by our own sinful desires.- He lets us have our own free will. To be tempted and tried, so that we may overcome and choose the lord.- Evil is allowed so that we are given a choice. Then he shines his light so that we see him and follow his path. Being allowed to both make, and overcome mistakes makes us stronger Christians.

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5)

I think people blame God because it is easier to blame someone else for trials rather than our own sins and the sins of human nature. Gen 1:31 says, "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." He did not create the world to be evil and full of bad things. Rather, it was the fall of man after creation that brought all of our sin and corruption. God does not tempt or entice anyone into sin, although he does permit trials to occur in our lives in order to teach us and mold us to his likeness.

Matthew 18:7 says, "Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!" in reference to sin, and the fact that it is and will always be part of life here on earth. Satan's goal is to make people, especially believers in Christ do his will, so that he can discredit their testimonies and keep non-believers from receiving Christ. God allows that temptation, so that when we prevail over it we can live without bondage and with the knowledge and anticipation of life in heaven with Him.

• 3 weeks later...

People who blame God for evil don't truly understand God's Love for us. God loves us so much that he gave us free will to enable us to make our own decisions and choices.

• 3 months later...

People blame God for evil because they are unwilling to accept the responsibility for themselves. God doesn't tempt anyone. James tells us that we are tempted by our own evil desire. In order to give man "free choice" God had to allow for the wrong choice and Adam and Eve fell to temptation which opened the world to sin and evil. God's perfect plan for redemption, however, makes reconciliation possible. There will come a time when Eden (the perfect place prepared for a perfect people) is restored. Then, Satan will be destroyed and evil will no longer exist. Come, Lord Jesus!

Q2. (1:13-15)

"Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love, that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young mans name --- Albert Einstein

I love the Einstein story. Thanks!

I thank God for free will. It would be easier if we didn't have a choice in matters. But like going to a grocery store and seeing all the different cereal boxes available. Some are very nutrious and some are not at all. We know what our body requires for good health and choose accordingly. We know which ones are just for fun and choose accordingly. I think God gave us a free will that we would choose Him and his ways freely. A child who chooses to love the parent freely will always have a great personal relationship. A child who is forced to keep family obligations does not have a close personal relationship. It's in freely choosing God or self that I learn patience and self controll. It's not always fun but it's always worth it.

• 5 months later...

Answer:

1. Why do people blame God for evil?

People blame God for evil,that happened in their life..because of false teaching about the Sovereignty of God..People blame God for the bad things,because PEOPLE/MANKIND DONT WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS ACTIONS..The ver nature of the first Adam that we inherit..

Gen 3:12-And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Instead of Adam,admitting His Sin,He reasoned with God and try to justify His Act and instead point to other people as the one responsible..HOW TRUE ALSO IN THIS TIME..

2. Does God tempt us with evil?

NO!God dont want us to Sin,and in Fact give man pointers not to disobey Him,in a very Clear language..

Gen 2:17-But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

This is a very clear language spoken by God to Adam,not hidden in Parable lest Adam can say,HE DONT UNDERSTAND