JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Praying Boldly

We should appeal to God's character and to his preson. Moses prayed God word back to him he appealed to charactor.

When we pray God promise we tell him this is what you promise me and now I expect to get it because I know that your word is so, now make me a better believerso I can stand more firmly on your word.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really am learning a lot. I believe that God understands our hearts and He will decide what will be done. I love God so much and would never want to pray outside his will.

He knows I am His child and He will correct me in love if I do not pray only His will.

I also know if we pray and humble ourselves He will hear our prayers and will heal our land. He is all powerful and we will watch God move greatly

Lesson 2 Q 2

What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers?

We should emulate boldness and take God's interests into our hearts as our own.

Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God?

On keeping with the concerns of God and God's character. The Israelites are God's own people, God's reputation among the heathen, God's promises, and God's consistent mercy.

What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"?

It means knowing Scripture and then pray according to God's will.

How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered?

It helps us to pray according to the will of God rather than contrary to it, thus we align ourselves with God's will.

How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

By knowing Scripture we can learn to pray by praying Scripture back to God.

Q2. What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers?

I BELIEVE THAT MOSES' MINDSET WAS MATCHING GOD'S WILL BECAUSE REMEMBER GOD HAD TO PERSUADE MOSES TO DO HIS WILL WHICH WAS TO ASSIST HIM IN KEEPING HIS PROMISE TO THE PEOPLE. SO MOSES WAS THINKING IN HEART AND IN MIND WHAT GOD'S INTEREST WAS WHICH HAD ALSO BECAME MOSES' INTEREST. I BELIEVE THAT GOD KNEW MOSES WAS GOING TO SHOW HIM THAT HE WAS ON THE RIGHT PATH, THAT HIS LOVE FOR THE PEOPLE WAS THE SAME LOVE THAT GOD HAS FOR HIS PEOPLE. MOSES PASSED THE TEST. THAT IS WHAT GOD LOOKS FOR IN HIS PEOPLE. GOD KNEW MOSES WOULD REMIND HIM OF THE MISSION HE WAS ASSIGNED TO, WHICH GAVE GOD GREAT FAITH IN HIM JUST LIKE HE HAD IN HIS SERVANT JOB. SO IF WE KEEP GOD'S WILL IN OUR HEARTS AND MIND WE WILL ALSO SERVE HIM AS FAITHFUL SERVANTS. AND WE WILL BE ON OUR RIGHTFUL PATHS IN SERVING AND WORSHIP AND PRAISING OUR FATHER.

HE OFFERED THIS BOLD APPEAL TO GOD BY REMINDING HIM WHAT THE PROMISE WAS, TO REMIND HIM THAT THESE ARE THE DESCENDANTS OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC, AND ISRAEL. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WERE DESTITUTE AND CRIED OUT TO GOD FOR SOME TIME. GOD HAD PROMISED ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND ISRAEL HIS SERVANTS THAT HE "WOULD MAKE THEIR DESCENDANTS AS NUMEROUS AS THE STARS IN THE SKY AND WOULD GIVE THEM THIS LAND PROMISED TO THEM TO BE THEIR INHERITANCE FOREVER."

TO PRAY THE PROMISE OF GOD MEANS TO PRAY IN THE WILL OF GOD.

TO BASE PRAYERS UPON HIS PROMISES, CHARACTER, RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND PRECEDENTS.

THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD. BY KNOWING THE WORD OF GOD WE CAN PRAY USING THE SCRIPTURES AS OUR GUIDE. THE BIBLE TEACHES US HOW TO KNOW, COMMUNICATE AND SPEAK AND SERVE OUR FATHER THROUGH HIS WILL.

BECAUSE IT INSTRUCTS US ON WHAT OUR FATHER'S WILL IS. IT TEACHES US HIS CHARACTER, THE LOVE HE HAS FOR US, HIS POWER AND GLORY. IT PROVIDES US WITH THE MEANS TO UNDERSTAND OUR FATHER AND IT HELPS US TO UNDERSTAND OUR EXISTENCE. IT GIVES US OUR TRUE PURPOSE. DOES A CHILD WANT TO BE BORN WITHOUT KNOWING IT'S PARENTS? A CHILD WANTS TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS/HER PARENTS. AS CHILDREN WE ASK A MILLION QUESTIONS AND THE QUESTION ABOUT OUR TRUE FATHER IS ALSO SOMETHING WE WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT. SO COMMUNICATING WITH GOD THROUGH PRAYERS IS THE WAY TO ESTABLISH A RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR ONE TRUE GOD (FATHER).

Well let's cheat a little using knowledge of the blble. God transends time, in such that He is I Am not I was or will be. God's only will is that of Christ's work, that none shall perish. And that all shall know the glory of God. If we can accept that the will of God is for salvation and knowing that Peter, James, and John saw Moses talking to Jesus it puts a different light on the meaning of (John 16:23) At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name. 24 You haven't done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.

Living life either tears us apart or brings us close to God depending on where we put our faith, but we must live it with all its trials. The same God that spoke the universe and all life into being is the same God that let Israel walk through the desert...Could He not speak and they would be in the promised land? Just a little food for thought.

Darrell

*What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers? Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"? How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

We should emulate all aspects of it; that's why God included it in the Scriptures. Moses pointed out to God his character and reputation were at stake. Praying the promises of God is praying to God, using Scripture as our reason why our requests should be answered since they are in his will. If we are quoting his word back to him, it has to be his will, doesn't it? If quoted back in the right context, of course.

What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers? Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"? How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

When Moses prays, he shows God through his prayers that he is thinking of what God would want and what God cares about. He appeals to God through his own knowledge of Gods promises and through his personal experiences of what God had done for him. To "pray the promises of God" means to me to have a knowledge of God's word and to be able to apply the scriptures to the requests we are making. If we know God's word we are more likely to be praying for what God wants and for God's will rather then thinking of what we want.

Appealing to God's righteousness, mercy. I think that when we remind God as did Moses' that we're being watched by others how we respond. God himself said to be angry but to sin not. Moses' is saying "okay, you're angry but only remember people are watching.

Because of their relationship. He's the one that God said He speaks to face to face. They have developed a relationship, in which Moses' felt compfortable in speaking this way.

It means to give God back His word. To put Him in rememberance of what He has said. Not that He forgot, but to show Him we were listening.

It helps me to pray in accordance to God's will, it eliminates the Holy Spirit from having to edit out all of the words that aren't relevent.

We're saying the same thing. Beginning to agree this is the best route to take.

I agree with Ron S. I too feel that he was testing Moses to see how much faith he had. Moses had a huge responsibility!!, an enormous task!!

By speaking the word, Moses showed God that he could appeal to God's character. I think by doing that, he showed God that he was the right one for the job!

I believe Moses passed his test with flying colors!!

A. Acknowledging that first. God is God; letting God know that you are aware of His character (loving and merciful), recalling to God His promises which are found in His word, and that you know His record regarding such matters and desire that He responds in like manner for your situation.

B. Moses appeals on the grounds of his history of and with God

C. I think it means to ask God to prove Himself according to His promises

D. When you know the word of God you can pray it back to Him

E. Knowing God's word, we know His will and therefore we can ask according to His will and word.

Wow! God seemed to be out of control and Moses needed to calm Him down? That's what it looks like to me as I ponder this prayer. Hmmm, well - I think God wants us to know Him and realizing His reputation, His mercy, His promises, His character and that we are now His people (because of Christ and we are all now children of God - please correct me if I am wrong) helps us to have an interactive relationship with Him that can take place thru our prayers. I think we should emulate as many of these aspects in our prayers as we can.

By knowing the bible, then we would know Who God is better and we will have a better chance of praying within His Will.

Since Moses knew God - apparently very well - he was able to stand his ground and make a strong appeal!

I think praying the promises of God means incorporating His promises in with what you are praying for and that kind of makes it like, "well, God, You promised x,y,z therefore I know I can expect x,y,z from You in my circumstance." Hopefully we will pray His promises in the right context, and if not we will learn.

B)

What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers?

To pray scriptures back to God.

Based on trust and by saying that "to whom you swore by your own self."

To recite to God what He said He was going to do for His people.

Because you can recite the promises of God back to Him.

Because they are based on scripture.

What aspects in moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayersS?Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God"What do you think it means to pray the promises of God.How does knowing the bible help you get your prayers answered?How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

We should emulate the COMPASSION and concern he had for the people

in interceding for them. We should remind God of His Word to take care of

His people. We should always let God know that He is a righteous, holy,

loving heavenly Father who wants the best for His children.

The grounds Moses uses is reminding God of His Word that He would bring

them into the promise land, and that He would provide for their every need.

He also reminds God that the heathen would say that their God was not

adequate enough to take care of His own, thus giving Him a bad reputation

among the heathen.

To pray the promises of God is to remind God of all the ways in which He says He will look after us, which is a covenant He has made with us, which

He is unable to break, because what God promised , He is able to perform.

Knowing the bible helps us get our prayers answered, because the more you

know God's Word, the more assurance you have that what God has promised , He will perform. He said He would supply our need: He said he will

heal our bodies, and He said He has prepared a place for us, etc..

Once we know the Word, then we know whether we are praying in or out

of God's will, and what to expect.

What aspects in moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayersS?Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God"What do you think it means to pray the promises of God.How does knowing the bible help you get your prayers answered?How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

we should emulate all the aspects of his prayer...for example...appeal toGod's name and reputation when i pray for my friends who stopped coming to church i don.t want the egyptians to say that God couldn't keep them, they are his and he has saved them so i pray that he brings them back...or appeal that we are his people when we pray for our brothers who are persecuted by the muslims, or the communists....appeal to his promises in every aspect of our lives because the bible fortunately has promises for every situation we might find ourselves in.

to pray the promises of God means we tell God we are confident in His word, and we believe that what He promised he can fulflill.

when we know the Bible we know the word of God, we know Him, so it.s easier to know how to pray, what to pray for..God is talking to us through His word so knowing His word we know His will

To regard others as more important than ourselves. That we are all wretched in need of grace and mercy, and acknowledging that God is the only person capable of giving us what we need; be it grace or mercy.

By God's own plan. By God's own promises. Almost to remind God that He has so much invested already into this stubborn nation, and that everyone is watching their every move. What would be the point of destroying them now, what kind of message would that send other nations?

God's own promises are the only true and dependable aspect of life. Knowing God's promises, are knowing His will for us. Knowing and praying His will be done on Earth, as in Heaven can only bring positive results.

Knowing the Bible assures that we know His will and His promises, and His charachter, and the Word tells us we can go boldly before His throne and ask these things and be assured of an answer.

Q2. What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers? Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"? How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

Moses appealed to God's great love and mercy, to His character and to His reputation among the nations. He was bold and in line with God's character because God's compassion for people is so amazing.

Praying the promises of God ensures that we are praying in accordance with God's will and purposes because we are praying in agreement with His Word and our prayers are based then on Scripture. Knowing the Bible helps you to pray in accordance with the Word because you often know what is unscriptural and can recognize when prayer is offered according to God's character and purposes in the earth.

When we pray with that same passion and feeling that moses had for his people then we should do the same for our brothers and sisters in Christ. When we pray To God according to what the Bible tells us then we can have that confidence that our prayers will be answered. When we pray about certain problems or tribulations in our life then we can ead that verse in Proverbs 3 to trust in the lord and llean not on our own understanding. God will never leave us nor foraske us then Psalm 143 which can revive us when we feel down and low. Praying the promises of God sustains and gives strength that only God can give

Q2. What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers? Upon what logical grounds does Moses offer this bold appeal to God? What do you think it means to "pray the promises of God"? How does knowing the Bible help you get your prayers answered? How does this help our prayers be within God's will?

We should be able to go boldly to God reminding him of his promises to us. :)

His trust in a loving and compassionate God. Knowing that if he goes bodly God will keep his promises to his people. :)

When we Pray his promises back to him we are praying for Gods will to be done in our lives.

Without knowing the bible there is no way of knowing Gods heart. Knowing his word shows us how we should be praying to get the answers we need. :)

When we know his word we knows its Gods will for us. :)

Prayer, is communication with (God) your (Father). God doesn't answer your prayers according to what YOU want. He answers them according to what HE fills what is best for you.

You must believe that Jesus was the Son of God and you must ask in Jesus's name. If you are not in compliance with him, (obeying his commandments) he will not answer you.

When you pray, you must pray with (NO DOUBTS) in your mind. Take a look at (The Book of James).

James 1:1, James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting,

(2) My brethen, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

(3) Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

(4) But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (wait, and be mature minded)

(5) If any of you lack wisdom. let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and up braideth not; and it shall be given him. (don't bring shame or disgrace upon yourself, with any kind of reproach).

(6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

(7) For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

(8) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. (If you are a doubter don't wast his time.)

There are other things you should keep in mind (Evilness, don't be about evil) Check out 1 Peter.

1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledg, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being (heirs together) of the grace of life; that your (prayers) be not hindered.

(8) Finally be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethen, be pitiful, be courteous: ( the eyes of the LORD are over the righteous, his ears are open.)

(9) Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for failing: but contraiwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

(10) For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

(11) Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. (avoid evil).

(12) For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

If you have an evil spirit, or an evil nature, he's not going to hear you. If your'e trying and you fall short sometimes, (REPENT) and ask him to help you. (DON'T WAVER). Jesus gives us a good example in Luke about the woman who (didn't waver) even though she was dealing a judge who didn't fear God.

Luke 18:1 And he (Jesus) spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to (pray), and not to faint;

(2) Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

(3) And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

(4) And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

(5) Yet this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

(6) And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

(The woman didn't waver, she continued to ask the judge, she was consistent, so to get her off his back the judge avenged her adversary. Jesus is not telling us to whine and beg, to our Father. He's telling us that even the unjust judge, who did not fear God, nor man, (heard) the woman. And she (believed.)

(7) And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

If the (unjust judge) (heard) the woman, why would you have any doubts about your Father (hearing) you?

(8) I tell you that he will avenge them speedily, Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh shall he find faith on the earth? (Jesus continues to teach us about prayer.)

(9) And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: (don't be a hypocrite when you pray.)

(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

(11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulteres, or even as the this publican. (Uh, Oh this must be the hypocrite)

(12) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. (He's full of it isn't he)

(13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

(14) I tell you, this man (the publican) went down to his house justified rather than the other: (the hypocrite) fpr every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Jesus also teaches us about Forgivness, See what he says in Luke.

Luke 17: 3, Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trepass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

(4) And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

( God is not going to hear your (prayers) if you are not capable of forgiving, that includes forgiving yourself.) Humble yourself before him and (pray) earnestly.

All aspects.....

Moses reminded God of all His Promises and who He really is (was). Prayer enables the promise to become a conscious reality. Moses prayed the promises, God's character, precedents, and His Righteousness. This is the will of God.

By knowing the Bible and where in scripture to find God's Promises, we can pray them back to God. We become more aligned with God's will and what He wants for our lives.

I think Moses prayer was bold but I also think he knew God and prayed in accordance with that knowledge. We can not pray contrary to God's character or God's will for our lives. Prayer is more for us - then changing God's mind - it aligns us within His will.

For our times, knowing God is through His Word - we can know God's will from the words of His Bible - the more we read and study the more we can pray according to His will.

Q2. What aspects of Moses' prayer of intercession should we emulate in our own prayers?

Pray for God's people, mention His reputation, promises, character, and mercy.

Basically, upon his view of God, his knowledge of God.

To pray scripture is to pray in the Spirit.

To know the Bible is to have understanding of omnipotence which gives us access to God's unlimited

power, authority, and influence. W-O-W!

We pray within the parameters of the Word of God.

These are God answers. PTL!

1. Boldness, mercy, promises, character

2. For God had made a promise

3. To pray according to Gods will, the word of God

4. For you then pray the promises of God, you are aware of His love, and His willingness to forgive, You know His character. You become more intimate and have a relationship with Him

5. For the Bible is Gods will