JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

On answering question one I touched on our hearts to be opened,in realizing the hope in which God has called us to in praying for our brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ.Jesus Christ return is our hope,also Gods "promise)!

I would pray for others and ask God to help them receive the hope that I have in me.For God to help me encourage others,to see all that God has to offer.For God to work in their lives by the Holy Spirit,and make their life complete.

For me,I believe "Hope"is deep inside of me,I can feel it.Hope is my spirit soul and mind,all that God has poured in me.Amen

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satan seemed to be victorious in the Garden of Eden and at the cross of Jesus .But God turned Satan's apparent victory into defeat when Jesus Christ rose from the dead . Thus , death is no longer a source of dread or fear.Christ overcame it, and one day we will also . The law will no longer make sinners out of us just because we cannot keep it .Death has been defeated , and we have hope beyond the grave .

My prayer is that , others should see far the good things our Lord Jesus Christ has in store for us , if only we endure until that day He comes and meet us blameless.

• 4 weeks later...

There is not enough time in a day to write down how Christian hope has changed my way of living. As a former addict/alcoholic, homeless person and so much more in terms of corrupt living, I am now a new creature, living life to the fullest as a servant of the Lord. Blessed with the Holy Spirit I can now see a time when all of the former things will be passed away and all things will be made new. The process has already started here, in this place and, will continue at the coming of the Messiah.

A Christian who cannot grab onto this hope truly is not grounded in their faith for without the full measure of hope that we are entitled to we are like most men, empty, waiting to be filled.

I can only pray that all of mankind receive the Holy Spirit. Then is when the knowledge of our blessed hope is assured as it will lie within.

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (1:18) How has your Christian "hope" changed your way of living? What is the result of Christians with only a meager or minute hope? How would you pray for hope to be borne in others?

This hope has brought me through impossible situtions in life, it as lit been the anchor of my

soul. With out hope in Christ this life is not worth living. Christians with a meager hope live that

way. day to day just to get by, never excited about God and the possible of Him doing a

miracle in their life or the others in their life. it's a sad way to live.. God is a God of creativity

He wants to do a new thing in your life all the time, something new aroung the bend. prayer is

what gets us to it and helps us get to know God better then we learn to listen to Him.

• 8 months later...

:rolleyes: Yes, my christian hope has changed my way of living. When I get down its that hope that Christ is coming again that lifts me up. And I try to live to please Him because I will face him someday.

The result of believers having only a meager hope is they live a mostly defeated christian life.

I would pray for hope to be borne in others that God would open their eyes and cause them to understand and trust in him through his word.

Now that I have hope, when hard times come, I can face them knowing this world is fleeting and much better times are to come. I also have hope that even the bad things and the hard things are for a purpose to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Those without this hope are to be pitied; I well remember the sense of despair I would once have, and it is horrible. I pray for those around me who have lost their hope, that God would open the eyes of their hearts to see their hope in Him. I pray that others would see the peace and hope that we have. It is important that we, as brothers and sisters in Christ, pray for each other, because we can be so easily deceived by the enemy to believe that our hope is lost. We must encourage each other in prayer.

Q2. (1:18) How has your Christian "hope" changed your way of living?

The Christian "hope" - Christ imminent return gives me reasons to live my life in expectancy of that moment. Some day I shall be at home with Him.

What is the result of Christians with only a meager or minute hope?

Christians who have only a meager or minute hope probably live in despair most of the time, they are void of a prayer life and are not Spirit-Led.

How would you pray for hope to be borne in others?

For these I would pray that their spiritual eyes be enlightened, that their spiritual ears be in tune to the Holy Spirit and that their hearts be pliable to the move of the Holy Spirit of God.

• 5 months later...
Q2. (1:18) How has your Christian "hope" changed your way of living? What is the result of Christians with only a meager or minute hope? How would you pray for hope to be borne in others?

My Christian hope is in Christ and in the hope of hearing HIM say "well done my faithful servant" I have hope that I will one day hear that so therefore if I am to hear HIM say "well done" then I must be about my Father's business. I am a doer. I must be busy doing something for God. That is the only time I am truly happy. That is what keeps me going when I want to quit. I will hear those words. My hope is not in my works, but in the grace HE has given me to do these works and to see HIS will accomplished in my life and in the lives of those around me.

Christians with no hope are dead. They have no faith, or life obout them. They are miserable.

I would pray that God give them hope. That HE open the eyes of their hearts. That HE lift the scales off their eyes and help them to see the glory that awaits us, and also to see what great things they can accomplish while we wait for that blessed hope!

• 3 months later...

Hope has changed my way of living in that I am living and growing in Christ to meet and fulfill that hope. That hope is eternity with Jesus Christ in Heaven in the direct presence of the Living God. The hope of serving and fellowshipping with Him and all the saints for eternity. The hope of Jesus Christ motivates me to grow in my faith, to serve and honor my God and follow my Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

A meager or minute hope results in a meager or minute Christianity. My prayer is that Christians and non-Christians would have an appetite for God above all else and that they would seek and experience Him first hand. Take their Bible seriously and abandon themselves to God. As a result, the hope of Jesus Christ becomes very real as you get to know the author of that hope initimately.

• 6 months later...

It has given me a promised future that I can't wait to start to enjoy a life with Christ where there will be no more sin to cause suffering and pain. The one's with minute hope still see Christ but not the promise and they refuse to believe that there is a chance to live a life free of sin and pain so they have no joy. The same as Paul that their Spiritual eyes will be opened and they will recieve a revelation from Christ that His promises are meant for all and that they are true.

• 3 weeks later...

Because of my Christian hope, I can face problems knowing God is in control. This hope has caused me to strive to live close to God and to do is will.

Christians who only have a meager hope try to make things happen on their own. They are living for the present. They do not have a solid hope for their future that they will live forever with God.

We need to pray that God will open the eyes and hearts of all people to accept him and put their trust or hope in him. This should be a daily prayer for all Christians that God will use us to be witnesses to others to led them to Christ - the birthing of hope.

• 1 month later...

Change is always happening for me. I get spanked, I get hugged, I get taught-all kinds of things. And I am grateful for it all! I know that God loves me-I know that He is with me. I want this for other peole-saved or unsaved. There is joy unspeakable and full of glory, and I want that for everyone! So I ask God to give to others what I have and more. I ask Him to deal with their hearts and give them a revelation of His love and grace.

• 4 weeks later...

Before I became a believer in Jesus Christ, I was probably clinically depressed...flat...Hope in Him and His promises has totally changed my life. I feel joy, and anticipation. I live with purpose as He guides my steps to fulfill my destiny...that changed too....before Christ, I had no idea that there was a purpose for my life! I didn't know about eternal life...that is so Wonderful to look forward to! I love knowing that He never will leave me nor forsake me, as I was abandoned in childhood.

They probably live much like I used to live.They probably live very much influenced by the world.

I love Paul's prayer in Eph.3:16-19.

My Hope has changed me in that I no longer work as a slave to my possessions. I have set my sights beyond this earthly existence, beyond accumulating meaningless 'things' or 'stuff' here, and to 'laying up treasure in heaven'. People with little or meager hope focus on the negatives in their lives, the slightest thing that does not go their way becomes a huge mountain that they can not get beyond. When I see friends or acquaintences acting like this, I take a moment to thank God for the blessings that I do have now, and for those blessings yet to come. As I am growing in my Christianity, I also try to include those that I see acting like they have no hope in my prayers.

• 4 weeks later...

I had no hope before finding Christ. I tried suicide constantly thinking that life had no answers but pain. In this world there isn't any stability or hope, but in Christ there is a hope that prevails even the worse days that we have on earth. I have recently lost my mom and would never have the hope I have today of knowing the joy that 1 day I will see her again if not for Christ. I have grace not from earnings but from freely choosing to follow Jesus and through that choice I don't need but an infantansamisable spark of hope compared to my past gigantic needs. Praise be to God.

• 8 months later...

It is the hope or looking forward to reaching the prize for our high calling that enables me to press on. There is a goal to reach.

Christians without hope or faith are going nowhere.

I would pray for their eyes to be opened and their ears unstopped so that they can hear and see God in everything around them and so receive revelation.

• 4 weeks later...

A) THIS HOPE HAS HELPED ME TO HAVE A GREATER LEVEL OF FAITH, TRUST AND LOVE FOR

FOR THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. I FIND I BOUNCE BACK FROM NEGATIVE SITUATIONS MUCH

QUICKER NOW. THE MORE I READ THE WORD IS THE STRONGER MY CONFIDENCE BECOMES.

I DON'T GET DEPRESSED AS EASILY AND THERE'S A GREATER LEVEL OF PEACE EVEN WHEN

THINGS AREN'T GOING THE WAY I THINK IT SHOULD.

B) CHRISTIANS WHOSE HOPE ARE WEAK EASILY BECOME TARGETS OF THE ENEMY. THEY FIND IT HARDER TO DEALS WITH LIFE STRUGGLES AND SO FALLS EASILY INTO SIN.

C) WE WOULD HAVE TO PRAY THAT FAITH BE BORN IN THEM THAT THEY MAY COME INTO AN UNDERSTABDING OF THIS BEAUTIFUL HOPE THAT WE ARE ENTITLED TO AND THAT OUR FUTURE

IS ACTUALLY A BRIGHT ONE.

• 3 months later...

My christian hope, faith and a corresponding action has not only change my life it has enhanced it. For example; I have been fighting cancer for about nine years; I always prayed over all medication given to me. I pay that it not harm my vital organs and the like. I ask the Holy Spirit to give me strength, wisdom and understanding to go through this next round of chemo.

Also I ask God to guide me to people who are in need of prayer and salvation during times of infusion because most of them look like they just want to give up and die.

Christians with minute hope will be left out of the true glory of God and His promises for them.

I think that they are hot and cold christians. When I am hot I believe in the promises of God because things our lining up right; but when it isn't lining up I have meager hope that it will get better.

I would pray that God would open up their spiritual eyes and ears to understand His promises and revelation about hope. God wants to give you a peace and a hope and a expected end. Amen

Patricia

• 1 month later...

It helps to keep the faith.

If your hope is to small, you easily give up.

Then you choose for Satan who lies to you that alcohol gives a better life then praying.

Many times, I think that there might be a heavenly reward but that God doesn't care at all for our time on earth.

Then we should pray to keep in touch.

• 2 weeks later...

My Christian hope has changed my way of living in that I feel more alive to everything around me, more focused in what the Lord wants from me as his follower, and deep down a real sense of peace that ultimately all will be well.

The result of a minute/meagre hope would be that the world's suffering, apathy, wars and disasters would drown that small spark.

To pray for hope to be borne in others, I would ask God to help me to be a bright light shining for Him, and pray that Christians everywhere may be given a measure of his strength and filled with His Spirit so that they will not give up.

• 4 months later...

Christian Hope has changed my way of living since I know that my God is alive. I know He lives in me and I have to be his hands and feet. Wherever I go I take my God with me, I am His temple. Therefore, I live a life of love, faithfullness and excitement looking for that special day when I would meet Him face to face. My hope is in my God not in the world. Most people who look for happiness look for it in the world. I look at happiness thorough Jesus Christ the one who died for me ( I owe Him my life). I pray that others will look upon Jesus and not the world system. I pray that God will open their eyes and hearts to see Him (God). .

• 1 month later...

Q2. (1:18)

How has your Christian "hope" changed your way of living?

Because of my faith I completely trust God for my present and future life. I live in the present with confidence, knowing that with the help of Christ, I will always be able to overcome any trials that may pass my way. This has not always been like this; it is only since my personal relationship with Jesus. And as to the future; I know I shall be spending eternity with my Saviour and that I shall be like Him. To think I will reign with Him! We need to be as firm as a rock in our faith to be able to withstand the pressures of doubt, failure, and despair in the present age. We need courage, hope, and masses of love to be strong for God. We will not cope with emotionalism and sentiment, we have to be part of Christ

• 1 month later...

How has your Christian "hope" changed your way of living? Now, I am not so worried about my future and my children's future. I used to fret over everything - sleepness nights, no appetite when things go wrong. Whenever things go wrong, I used to run to my pastors and my christian friends for help, opinions and prayer. God always delivers me and because of his deliverance, I have more and more hope. I still worry from time to time but when I do, I take the issue to the Lord and hope tells me He will help me. The outcome and the timing may be completely unexpected but things always work out in the end.

What is the result of Christians with only a meager or minute hope? They become pessimistic and bitter, or even bored. They become very difficult to talk to and reason with. They depress those around them. Their view of God becomes negatively skewed and they do not enjoy their christian walk at all. They are christians but their duty is to attend church every Sunday, and try not to break the 10 commandments.

How would you pray for hope to be borne in others? I pray for God to reveal himself to them, to water their hardened hearts and when they are in church, the sermon would speak to their situation.

• 4 weeks later...

Over 24 years ago at the age of 22 I had lost all hope to keep living. Jesus saved me. Ever since I want others to know Him as their Lord and Savior.

Christians that lose hope or have meager hope are pawns in the devils hands. They live, to often a depressed life. We need to pray this prayer of Ephesian 1:17 that God the Holy Spirit would inspire them as they read, listen and study the Bible, as will learn to practice faith. We can

• 1 month later...

In difficult times when circumstances are deep and sticky, I tend to get stuck and get down emotionally, but "hope" in Christ and my relationship with Him pulls me out and fuels me forward.

Their lives portray their shallow or weak hope. When troubles come their way they are not able to work through them.

Many of these spiritual qualities are abstract. We can't hand someone a wrapped package of "hope". Only the Holy Spirit working in the lives of people can help them see the hope that God offers them and extend their hands to receive it.