JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Steadfast because of the Resurrection

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? <i>Why</i> is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

This gives us the hope by which we can being steadfast and immovable.

If we laboyr in Him, we will live.

• 3 months later...

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

No matter how insignificant our life and work seem to be-no matter how people mistreat us because of our faith-we know that God is in control, and everything will work out fine! They can kill our bodies, but they can't kill our spirits! We belong to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior! Got to go shout! Bye!!!!

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58)

What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection?

Why is our labour not in vain in the Lord?

The truth of the resurrection is our only hope. We are to remain steadfast and immovable which enables us to carry on in the face of overwhelming and difficult circumstances. We are to continue in the faith and remain steadfast or firm in the Lord and are not to waver. In the same way we are to stick to our spiritual roots

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? <i>Why</i> is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

Any thing we do in the Lords name is worth doing He will take cair of us and in the end Gods promas is as Gold.

any thing that gets in the way, you keep pushing. God is the focal point in life nothing elce.

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

I shall not be moved

We may and most likely will face hard times...physically, mentally and physically but we know that in the end we will have eternity to live life to it's fullest without pain, disease, heartache and death and we need to strive with the outmost hope and strength to that very end. Life here is but a whisper compared to what is ahead for us.

Nothing we do for the Lord is in vain..we may never see the outcome or even know why we had to do the things that the Lord was asking us to do but anything done for the Lord will bring forth fruit...it is not for us that we do things but for the Lord and by the Lord...

• 1 year later...

(1 Corinthians 15:58) Being steadfast and immovable have lots to do with the hope of the resurrection: we do not have to be discouraged, we do not quit. Everything we do should be based on the solidity of the resurrection to come.

Our labor is not in vain in the Lord because our work is not empty, and not in vain. It is not our work, but the Lord's work. It is not our labors, but the Lord's labors.

Glory to God!!!

Being steadfast and immovable have lots to do with the hope of the resurrection. We need to be solidly and firmly rooted in the hope of the resurrection because it is the basis of our faith. It is our structure for being Christians.

Our labor not in vain in the Lord because we do not do anything in our own strength. We do not waver in our hope in the Lord. Our focus is on him alone.

We are steadfast and immovable because we are sure of the magnificent life to come. Our work is not in vain because He is worth it and gives us life.

What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

We have to be steadfast and immovable in our faith so that we don't fall away from God so that we will have hope to be resurrection. are labor is not in vain because it is not are work but his.

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

being steadfast and immovable is that we give out hope and faith that we don't give up and fall away from God. Our labor isn't vain in the Lord because it's not our job to do is, but Jesus can do the job for us.

1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

WE have to be steadfast and immovable in our faith so we dont fall away. We don't work in vain because it is his work not ours.!!!!!!!!!!! B):D:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

When we are steadfast and immovable we remain focused in Christ even in the face of whatever horrendous challenges, though the work may be burdensome we should continue in it for it is not in vain. The work of Ministry is His command for us we should not see it as our own work and since it is His work He will give us the strength to do it and definitely He is the Lord of the Harvest nothing that we do for Him is in vain.

• 1 year later...

Ans. Being steadfast and immovable have a lot to do with the hope and resurrection because their will come time in our walk with God that we may become discourage in the challenges that we are facing and if we just hold on to the knowledge that Christ died for us and He resurrected to give us life through Him then we will remain well grounded and not shift or sway from our walk. Just knowing that we will reign eternally with Him gives us hope and that assures us that our labor is not in vain in the Lord but it is guaranteed

• 2 weeks later...

In our service in God's vine yard we should be steadfast and immoveable because we have a hope in a reward awaiting us when the Lord comes and we will be raised too just as he was.

Our labour is for his work which is done in obedience to him is not in vain because of the hope we have to rise to meet him and there is reward for us.

• 5 months later...

The apostle Paul stated it perfectly.

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:58, RSV)

Our work for the Lord is never in vein but is our ticket to eternal life.

• 5 months later...

One needs to be steadfast and immovable in their faith.  We need to firm in our beliefs and immovable in our faith.  We need to do the work of our Lord.  Our reward is not of this world.  Everything we do for another we do for God himself.  This is our mission.  Our labor is never in vain.  All we do we do for Him.  And when we get to Heaven He will not ask what did you do, but did you do your best.

• 1 year later...

We need to be dilligent in our work for the Lord. We can not waiver from our Faith. We know what the truths are and we need to teach others about those truths. Any thing we do for the Lord is not wasted. He knows of all of our tallents and abilities. He knows what good we are doing even when we do not think that our works seem very important to us.

• 1 month later...

What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? (1 Corinthians 15:58) In our secular world the eroding morals, values, and political correctness that permeates society we must remain steadfast and immovable in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Satan is the subtle great deceiver, apathy is one of his most useful tools. We as Christians must not let ourselves be lulled to sleep, we need to focus on the second coming, be strong in our faith, and let others know there is a new world coming.

Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord? I can think of no better way to express my answer than the lyrics mentioned in our text, “Because He Lives” written by Bill and Gloria Gaither, when they were going through a rather traumatic time in their lives: “God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus, He came to love, heal and forgive. He lived and died to buy my pardon, An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives. Because He lives, I can face tomorrow; Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future; And life is worth the living, just because He Lives!”

• 11 months later...

What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

It is so because just like all those years ago the Jews refused to believe such an outlandish event as ressurection, we still refuse to believe in especially the Holy Spirit and resurrection. We have to be steadfast and immovable in our faith as this is the points the devil likes to attack us on. You did not and cannot see it so how do you know it is true. Just believe.

Our labour is not in vain as God sees everything and knows everything. If nobody else knows you can be totally sure that God does.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection? Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

A. Do not give up, keep on keeping on as regards your faith and work for God because the risen Lord will reward you for  your labour for the Lord

• 2 years later...

No matter what is going on in our life we must not give up. We have alot to look forward to in eternity with a new resurrected body and a forever life with God. There is nothing to fear with what is going on in the world because we have a greater hope and life to come. So we need to hang on and finish our race. Our labor is never in vain for The Lord. It might look like nothing to someone else but anything done truly for The Lord is precious to him no matter how little it might seem. We are not wasting our time.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Q5. (1 Corinthians 15:58) What does being steadfast and immovable have to do with the hope of the resurrection?

ANSWER: To be steadfast and unmovable is to be spiritually grounded. A steadfast person knows what he believes and cannot be “tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching” (Ephesians 4:14). An unmovable person can hear false teaching, engage doubters, and defend truth without it shaking his own faith.

To be steadfast (unwavering) is to be firmly fixed and not subject to change, to be firm in belief and determination, and to be loyal and faithful. Likewise, to be immovable is to be unyielding and incapable of being moved or diverted. To remain steadfast and unmovable we have to know the Word of God. It is God’s desire that we grow daily in our understanding of Him and His Word so that we will remain faithful to the end.

Why is our labor not in vain in the Lord?

ANSWER: Our labor is not in vain because Jesus has been raised from the Dead, we can be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the Lord’s work, knowing that our labor in the Lord is not in vain! For all of us who have placed our faith and hope in Christ, His resurrection guarantees that our work “In Him” will not be in vain. All that we do “in His name” will bear fruit, it will make a difference, it will be forever significant.