JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 8

Question (1)

This Psalm teaches us that that God is the most pwoerful, majestic, and divine individual, our creator. Even as the Creator, God feels that we are all very important and he cares about everyone of us. Chrisit humbled himself to the point where he became human and placed himself beneath human beings to save us all, to be able to live a saved and enriched life with God. We are a big part in God's plan, as long as we follow the plan he has set in front of us. Read God's Word, Understand God's Work, Live God's Work, and Spread God's Word.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God is the sole creator of the universe. He made us of his own image and gave us the responsibility to care for all creatures of the universe and also guard the environment.. a stewardship.

Jesus was made of his image and sent to us to teach the ways of God to follow.

We are responsible for keeping our relationship to God and his people as he set forth for us.

Q1. (Psalm 8). What does this psalm teach about God? What does it teach about human beings? What does it teach us about Christ? What does it teach about our responsibilities?

That He is the creator of all things and the Lord of Lords. That He is Majestic in all He does, He loves us and placed all He made in our care. He loved man so much that He gave His Son for our sins.

That God created us also and He gave us dominion over the animals and land. That He loves us in spite of ourselves and the sins we commit.

It teaches us that Jesus came and died for us while we were yet sinners and that He came and fulfilled the Fathers will in dieing for us.

It teaches us that we are to live in awe of our God who created all things including the heavens and that we are to live for Him because of the love He has for us.

When I read this Psalms I am reminded of God's kindness and I am overwhelmed by the trust that HE has placed in human beings.

HIS mind, heart and imagination are so incredible. I am taught that GOD is a master of grand design who extends HIS heart to even the most insignificant objects of HIS own creation with caring detail and sweet affection. HE then trusts created man with a portion of HIS wonderful creation. Verse 6 tells us that HE chose to allow man to share in a portion of HIS dominion.

It teaches me that we humans are highly favoured by GOD and that HIS intention for our potential is much greater than we comprehend or live up to. Verse 2 teaches me that Yahweh knows my weakness and extends HIS own strenght to me. In spite of my weakness, I am highly favoured by the LORD of all creation, who wants to have a relationship with me, who wants to talk to me and share HIS mind, heart and kindness with me just because HE wants to, not because I ask or deserve it. WOW, what a wonderful thought.

Yeshua understood the power given to man by Yahweh and walked in the fullness of that dominion. HE also understands our fragilness and suspectability to sin. That HE would reconcile us to our creator through death on a cross so that HIS blood might cover us and cry out for us night and day unto Yahweh is a mind blowing thought. What kind of love is that? Am I capable of such an amazing love?

What a responsbility we have when you really stop to think about it. It can be a daunting thought but HE strenghtens us. How can we not praise HIM just for being YAHWEH and loving us?

Oh, that our hearts and minds would cry out in one accord praising the name of Yeshua, who extends HIS kingship to us, to Yahweh, who pours out HIS unquenching love over us and to Holy Spirit, who teaches us about the sweetness of our Creator.

What does this psalm teach about God? God is majestic, worthy of all praise and of glory as his greatness has no boundaries.

What does it teach about human beings? "From the lips of children and infants" to me refers to a spiritual level of development taking place in indivdual believers rather than to an age range defined by secular speculation traditionally assigned to children and infants. Praise brings strength to God's children independent of age but rather tends to mature God's children spiritually in order to silence the enemy of our soul and the avenger of our spirit (satin). Prase therefore is a tool that spiritually mature children of God can use to fight off the enemy.

What does it teach us about Christ? The Father sent the son of man because of His great love, mercy, and grace; who took on our humaness to gain victory over the enemy and to overcome the world! In doing so, we all are drown with Jesus in that honor and glory for the Father.

What oes it teach about our responsibilities? We are to be good stewards of all the Father has given us for it truly all belongs to him. Being good stewards exhalts our Lord to the majestic due him above all heavens and of earth. Worthy is the lamb!

What a beautiful reminder this psalm is regarding the glory of the excellence of God that can be seen through His creation of the heavens and mankind. Just to think that as creator He created us just a little lower than the angels and gave us the privilege of being a part of His creation. It thrills my heart and soul to realize that as creator He chose, through His son, to come into the world, in order to dwell among his creation and give Himself for their redemption. What a challenge that is to me to be a good steward of that which He has entrusted to me as I am a part of and share in His creation.

God is all. I feel like an ant is this world of his. He came to our level as we would our child. Give God the thanks and Glory that he deserves.

GOD LOVES US VERY MUCH AND CARES ABOUT US THAT HE PUT US IN TOTAL CONTROL OF HIS ALL OF HIS CREATION.

THAT WE SHOULD ALWAYS BE LIKE CHILDREN PRAISING GOD NOT QUESTIONING HIM HIS LOVE GO FAR BEYOND WHAT WE CAN FATHOM.

CHRIST JESUS GAVE UP ALL HIS GLORY AND DIED FOR US TO SAVE ALL OF US SO THAT WE MIGHT ONCE AGAIN PRAISE AND WORSHIPOUR FATHER EVEN THOUGH WE DON'T DESERVE IT.

GOD HAS PUT HIS TRUST IN US TO TAKE CARE OF THE GIFTS HE HAS GIVEN US TO CONTINUE TO BUILD HIS KINGDOM HERE ON EARTH AND TO ENJOY ALL THE BEAUTY :

Psalm 8 teaches us about the majestic power of God and even though He is all powerful, he has taken time with us. We who are lower than th Cherubin , Seraphim, have been placed in charge - in stewardship- of this earth. A personal trust between what God created and us. Wow

(1) I BELIEVE THAT THIS PSALM TEACHES US ABOUT THE GREATNESS OF GOD. HE IS

OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT, AND OMNIPRESENT (ALL POWERFUL, ALL KNOWING &

EVERYWHERE).

(2) I BELIEVE THAT PSALM 8 TEACHES THAT GOD TRULY LOVES US EVEN THOUGH WE

CAN NEVER MEASURE UP TO HIS MAJESTY.

(3) SINCE CHRIST IS REFERRED TO AS THE SON OF MAN IN OTHER SCRIPTURES,

THEN PSALM 8 SHOWS A CONNECTION BETWEEN CHRIST AND MAN. AS WE

KNOW FROM LATER SCRIPTURES, CHRIST CAME TO EARTH AND LIVED AS A MAN

TO MAKE ATONEMENT FOR OUR SINS, BUT IN THE PROCESS, HE SHOWED US HOW

TO LIVE CHRIST-LIKE LIVES.

HE SUFFERED GREATLY FOR US WHILE ON EARTH, SO THIS TELLS US THAT HE

TRULY LOVES US ALSO.

(4) PSALM 8 TEACHES THAT BECAUSE GOD HAS MADE US "CARETAKERS" OVER

HIS CREATION, THEN WE MUST REALIZE OUR BLESSED POSITION AND CONDUCT

OURSELVES ACCORDINGLY.

Q1. (Psalm 8). What does this psalm teach about God? What does it teach about human beings? What does it teach us about Christ? What does it teach about our responsibilities?

Psalm 8 teaches us about the greatness of God. It also teaches us about the One who is the King of kings and Lord of lords, of whom there is no other.

Even though we as humans are insignificant compared to our great God, He cares for us intensely and has given us a significant place on this planet to take care of it.

This psalm teaches us that Christ was to come to earth as the son pf man and yet would be crowned with honor and glory. When the time is right all heavens and earth will bow down before Him, because he is the Son of God.

Our responsibilities are to praise God. To bring Him honor and glory. We are to see the awesomeness of His works and take care of the world as unto the Lord, because it belongs to Him. The world is His handiwork.

This Psalm teaches us that God is the majestic creator of all the earth. His name is to be praised! Even God's enemies and satan are silenced when children praise Him.

This Psalm teaches us that human beings are so small in all of God's creation and yet He does care about us. God has given human beings dominion over His creation.

This Psalm teaches us that Christ has been made a little lower than the angels and God has crowned him with glory and honour.

This Psalm teaches us that we have a responsibility to care for God's creation.

Q1. (Psalm 8). What does this psalm teach about God?

The psalms teaches that God is the majesty, it also teaches of his honor, his glory, his greatness and that his reputation is majestic in the earth and in the heavens. That he gave his one and only son that who believes in him shall not perish but shall have eternal life (John 3:16)

What does it teach about human beings?

That even the mouth of babes shall praise him for his glory. That even the weakest will have abundant strength when they invoke the name of God on their lips.

What does it teach us about Christ?

He humbled himself below the heavenly beings to become a man so to restore a rebellious disobedient creation (man) so they could fellowship again with their creator God.

What does it teach about our responsibilities?

We should obey his every word and give praises always to him for his creation. Our rule should never be independent of God but should be in submission to God.

About God, this psalm teaches that through his creation we can see how majestic is his name in the earth, and we can see how glory is he through what he have set in heaven

About human beings, this psalm teaches that we are extremely small compared to the vastness of God's creation. Although we are so, God cares about us

About Christ, this psalm teaches that the vast God so cares for us that he sent his son Christ to the earth, that Christ humbled himself to became a man, son of man, and then died on the cross, that he might restore his rebellious creation to fellowship again with God his creator

About our responsibilities this psalm teaches that although he makes us ruler over the work of God's hand, we have to rule responsibly over it, our rule is never independent but in submission to God.

I see that it speaks of the majesty and splendor of GOD.....how huge and awesome HE is....also it shows about us that though we are made lesser beings in HIs sight , He loves us enough to give us the responsibility to care for HIS creation.

I'm not sure if I understand what it teaches about Christ?

Hope I am doing this correctly?

so I agree with all that I have read above, but particularly Laju`s question... I do not understand what it teaches about Christ. At first I thought v 4 and 5 "the son of man" meant Jesus, then I looked up elsewhere and it was suggested that "the son of man" is Adam? This leaves me questioning! Can anyone help please?

Earlier this evening, before I had a chance to get to today's lesson, my 8 yr old grandson said something that brought up a discussion of how Jesus holds everything together. I took him to Colossians 1:

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."

We talked about eclipses and other things that happen in the sky, and how if Jesus were to let go control over these things, everything would be destroyed because "in him all things hold together." We also read from Genesis 1 where God said "Let us make man," showing that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were all involved in creation.

After he went to bed, I read this glorious Psalm, and listened to Pastor Ralph talk about it. For me, this Psalm expresses what I was feeling after reading Colossians and Genesis, so that is what I wanted to share.

Lois

Thank you for this Nurice. Col.1 is wonderful, seems to me to put it altogether , very neatly... Amazing, beyond my imagination or understanding.

Having been raised on a farm in a rural setting for 54 years I have experienced the wonder of God's creation in many ways most people today do not have the opportunity to live. I have seen the vastness of God's handy work. From the smallest grain of sand to the largest rock, the most troublesome weeds to the most beautiful flower. The miracle of life to the sadness of death. Through all this, I still stand amazed of God's love for me and for you, especially when I see myself and other not living to His will. The greatest wonder of all is His love, mercy, and grace that He offers and gives to all that will receive. Thank you Lord for loving me. Today I give my life to You. Help me live it your way.

God is great and majestic-more than even the whole universe, which he created. He is to be praised for his unimaginable majesty.

Man, while an insignificant speck on his own, has been made more than that because God Himself has raised man up and made him ruler over the works of God's hands.

I'm not sure what this Psalm teaches about Christ, but since He is God, all of the first part of the answer applies to Him.

This teaches us a lot about our responsibilities. We have been entrusted with the caretaking of His universe and are to be good stewards of it. We are not to be wasteful or squander precious resources. Even such simple acts as refraining from tossing litter out of a moving car or recycling our trash show our respect for our majestic God and His majestic universe. I really liked jwealing's comments about sharing our resourses. None of the wealth we may have accumulated is truly ours, but belongs to God.

This Psalm teaches me that even God's name is far greater than I can ask or imagine. It shows me that I have nothing to fear even though I am vapor in the wind. I'm not sure I can say it teaches specifically about Jesus, although I can infer some things about Jesus because He is one with Yahweh who is the person praised in this Psalm. ;)

God is above all, He is Majestic, and He is the Master

We as humans are far beneath anything else, we are to be as little children, brand new, and learning everything a new

He is the Son of God and even He is placed lower than the angels

We are to love and respect GFod and His Son and never turn away from Him

I think this teaches us about the awsomeness of God. He is mindful of such insignificant things as humans. He has made us great in this world. We are the highest beings on earth made just a little lower than the angels. He has given us an awesome reponsibility in taking care of the world and the animals He has put in it.

What does Psalm 8 teach us about God? What does it teach about human beings? What does it teach about Christ ? What does it teach about our responsibilities?

All the earth and the sky which God created tells us how wonderful He is. Although He is so great, he cares for every single person and is interested in our life.

Human beings are so little and weak, as David saw it, compared to the greatnes and wastness of the night sky and the universe.

Christ, the son of God became the son of man and because God loved us so much, Jesus became lower than angels. He sacrificed His glory for us.

God gave us responsibility for all his creation. We rule over it, but we need to remember that He gave us this right. That is why we need to protect the nature and treat it in a way which God would like.