JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 8

Q1. (Psalm 8). What does this psalm teach about God? What does it teach about human beings? What does it teach us about Christ? What does it teach about our responsibilities?

The first part of this question is: It teaches that God is worthy of our honor and praise, and that He is above all creation. What it teaches about man is that we are even lower than the angels, but have authority over what He has created, i.e.: fish of the sea and birds of the air. What it teaches to us about Christ is: That God came down from the heavenly realm in the form of man through Jesus Christ. It teaches us that we are to be as Christ was when He was a man and that all things were created through Him to bring God Glory and it's man's responsibility to do so.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 8). What does this psalm teach about God? What does it teach about human beings? What does it teach us about Christ? What does it teach about our responsibilities?

This is a great psalm. It reveals to me the splendour of God. He is the creator of the universe and it is so simple to know him. Just open your eyes and look at the heavens. You can't make a step without tripping over a sign of him. Although he is far superior to us we are his beloved creation and he loves us very much. He actually loves us so much that he trusts us to look after his creation. That is not only a great honour (trust is always the ultimate currency) but it is a great responsibility as well.

To me, it says that He is Holy, He inspires awe, He is greater than we can imagine. He is the creator of all things yet He loves and favors man above all His creations.

That we are special in God's eyes, we are favored by Him and His strength is magnified through our weakness.

That God place man over all His works which means man has a responsibility to God to do what he can to take care of these things.

This psalm teaches us about the majestic, nobleness, execellency and superiority of God over all in the earth and His glory, splendor and honour above the heavens.From this psalm you can also see the greatness of in His creation - the heavens, the moon and the stars. It also teaches us thet upon the vast of His creation, God still have time to care for man. What a faithful God we have.

For Human beings, it teaches us about the weakness of man. That even in our weaknesses, we have abundant strenght when we draw God closer to ourselves.

It teaches us about the humility of Christ. How He humbled Himself to die a shame ful death in oder to reconcile man to God.

Finally, from this psalm, we learn't that it is our responsibility to have dominion over the works of His hands thereby serving the Almighty God. And this dominion should never be done independent of God.

What does this psalm teach about God? What does it teach about human beings? What does it teach us about Christ? What does it teach about our responsibilities?

It Teaches us that God is so much bigger then we will ever be but so full of love for us that we can not even begin to fully comprehend it. It teaches us that God gave us little insignificant humans power over the creatures of the earth because God loves us and That he loves us so much he brought his down to us to die so that we may truly live.

It teaches us of the greatness of God. How awesome and wonderful and powerful He is.

It teaches us of the smallness of man. We are so tiny and unimportant it would seem in comparison with the universe that God has created, but when we call on the name of Jesus or Jehovah we become great in strength and might. Not in ourselves but in Christ.

Our responsibilities are to submit ourselves and our lives to God and to walk in the power that He has given to us through Christ!

What does this psalm teach about God? What does it teach about human beings? What does it teach us about Christ? What does it teach about our responsibilities?

These two questions helped me to look at this psalm in a different way. I've read it before and seen God's majesty and power and my own insignificance, but not seen how Christ's sacrifice on the cross is related both to His power and my weakness. In His power he could see what had to be done to give me strength. And His love for me caused Him to do it for me knowing that I had not the strength by myself.

And my responsibility? I had never thought about that aspect of this psalm either. If we are given dominion over the earth, then we better do it right. I think this comes toward the end of the contrast of God's power and our weakness so that we can remember how much we need Him in order to fulfill our responsibility effectively.

God is so Awesome!!! We are to praise Him continually. We are such 'worms' and Christ is the awesome one! We are responsible to praise Him and bring Him glory in all that we do, say, and think.

Psalm 8, to me, teaches us of the boundless lmits of God's love for us. In comparison, to the magnitude of the heavens and entire solar system created by God, we, his human creations, are infiitesimal and yet God placed us as rulers over all living things here on earth. He also wants a close relationship with each one of us. He made Christ a little lower than the heavenly beings and God crowned Him with glory and honor. We are to increase in number and take care of the earth that God gave us. This also means to take care of our own spiritual well-being by trusting God so implicitly that He comes before all else in our lives. We cannot be meaningfully involved in our lives by ourselves. We need God's guidance to work through our trials. Alone, we fail. We should strive to do this in total submission to God.

Q1. (Psalm 8). What does this psalm teach about God?

It teaches us that God is the Creator of all, that He loved us enough to die for us.

What does it teach about human beings?

That we should give Praise to God for everything we have. We are to be fruitful and multiply and rule over every living creature that roams the earth and seas.

What does it teach us about Christ?

That even though He became human, He is the Son of God and we owe Him all the Glory.

What does it teach about our responsibilities?

We are to follow Christ

This psalm remind us about how great and wonderful God is. His creation testify of His power. on the other end it tells us how fragil and unsignificant human life is. We are so weak compare to his angels, but yet He is interested in us because He created us at His image.

Christ is the prove of God's love for us. For Him to leave all His glory and power to come and die for us is the manifestation of this love. Our responsability may be to rule over God's creation, but it is also to remember who our God is and give Him the praise that belong only to Him.

Psalm 8 reveals God as a great and majestic creator of heaven and earth. Man is nothing compares to God in majesty, infinte wisdom, knowledge, power, domnion etc.

God in his mercy and love gave man authority to rule over his creation. We however have a responsibility to manage his creation within his set plan.

• 2 weeks later...

It is great to read everyone's perspective. This is what true bible study fellowship is about. Awesome...

To me Psalm 8 by David exalts God and focuses our attention on him ("majestic is your name in all the earth!"). It places God "above" everything on earth and connects God's work with the creation and nature in an awe-inspiring way ( "set your glory above the heavens"; "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place..."). I think it is why our connection with nature is so profound and important.

It also teaches us about the stewardship that God has entrusted in us. It teaches that we should recognize that we are "mindful" and that we are entrusted to care for the works of God on earth and become "rulers" and stewards of it all ("...flocks, herds, etc"). I think that we become closer to God in the concept that as stewards of God's creation, really focusing our attention on nature and those works, we can become closer to God and his guidance. That then is our responsibility.

This psalm reminds us that God is the creator and coordinator of all things. He is all seeing, but still cares about the most intimate details of our human existence. He also makes sure that we remember that all the good that we do is from Him and his works.

This psalm reminds us as humans that we are absolutely nothing, wouldn't even be alive, if it wasn't for Him. We must always remember that all good that we do is a direct result from God and his blessings.

It is significant that God brings us down low to bring us up higher than we could imagine on our own. He has his own way of reminding us of our place below him, yet given honor.

We have the responsibility to follow the word of God and listen to Him. Our actions and our behaviours must reflect these beliefs. Most importantly, we must remember that these wonderful success are due to God and God alone. Credit must be given where it is due.

Sorry so short and to the point, children and husbands are calling.

The study of this psalm has helped me remember that even the lowest can be made to do the most, and that even working your hardest, if you do it without God, means nothing. It's almost a relief to know that it isn't up to me alone, and reminds me that every person has an important part in the life of God.

Kate

God is almighty, all powerful, majestic and holy. He is loving and kind. He greatly cares for us. We belong to Him; we are included in His great plan. He has given us authority over the earth and all that He made. And when we messed us, He sent His only begotten Son to ransom us from our sins and from eternal death. Our responsibilty is to serve Him glady, seeking Him in all we do and loving Him with all that is in us!

• 1 month later...

He is Creator of all and, as a result, He is worthy of our praise and awe.

We, as His created, should be aware of the amazing work he did in Creation. We should appreciate the beauty of all He created and take care of it (including each other). Each one of us is such a small part of His creation, but we are each special to Him and loved by Him.

The Psalm reminds us that Christ humbled Himself to come to earth as a human so that He could intimately understand our pains and sorrows.

I think what struck me most about this Psalm was that God made a perfect world and then gave it to us to use our free will to live here as we please. As someone who likes to be in control, I find it amazing that He would entrust us to care for His creation, and I wonder what He must think of our materialism and wastefulness. It gives me a new perspective on