JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 8

it is indeed such a beautiful realisation god that entrusted us with a beautiful world and i guess we messed up. Anyways, he has sent us jesus for our rescue and i pray you,myself and the whole world that we and our deeds be pleasing in his eyes.

He is Creator of all and, as a result, He is worthy of our praise and awe.

We, as His created, should be aware of the amazing work he did in Creation. We should appreciate the beauty of all He created and take care of it (including each other). Each one of us is such a small part of His creation, but we are each special to Him and loved by Him.

The Psalm reminds us that Christ humbled Himself to come to earth as a human so that He could intimately understand our pains and sorrows.

I think what struck me most about this Psalm was that God made a perfect world and then gave it to us to use our free will to live here as we please. As someone who likes to be in control, I find it amazing that He would entrust us to care for His creation, and I wonder what He must think of our materialism and wastefulness. It gives me a new perspective on

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It teaches us that God is an awesome God and his name is majestic in all the earth.His glory is set above the heavens. He is a magnificient God and is worthy of praise.

It also shows that he is a caring and a loving God that he provided everthing for mankind. All of this shows that he cares so much for us that he gave his only son for our sacrifice. This enables us to once again have a relationship with our Creator.

Jesus Christ the son of our living God humbled himself to the point that he became a man and even died on the cross for mankind so that we may have eternal life.

Our responsibilities is worship him with our hearts and appreciate all that he has done for us. We should always be grateful that he is still offering us a everlasting life. Our responsibility is also to tell others that this offer is for everyone and we also

have to be able to witness to others.

Q1. (Psalm 8). What does this psalm teach about God? What does it teach about human beings? What does it teach us about Christ? What does it teach about our responsibilities?

This psalm teaches us that God's name is majestic in all of the earth. His glory is above the heavens, because He set it there. He has ordained praise from the lips of children and infants, the reason being to silence the foe and the avenger and because of God's enemies.

From this psalm, we learn that human beings are created a little lower than the heavenly beings (angels).

Christ is crowned with glory and honor. He is the ruler over the works of God's hands. Everything is under Christ's feet.

Q1. (Psalm 8).

1) What does this psalm teach about God?

This Psalm tells of the Glory of God, the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, and the beings. An All Knowing, AlMighty God who is rich in love for his beings. This is the most Magnificent, Honorable, Loving God we have. This Psalm brings glory to God.

2) What does it teach about human beings?

How little and tiny we are compared to the Almighty Father who created us in his image, yet we are so much little and unworthy of the gift he bestowed upon us. We, the unworthy being loved and given the honor to care for the creation He made - the plants, the sea creatures, the animals He made on land and on air. That is our awesome God in His splendour!

3) What does it teach us about Christ?

That Christ came in flesh to us - God made in flesh. So humble He came to us to restore us to live eternally with Him by grace and God's Mighty Love for us, who are so unworthy of His love!

4) What does it teach about our responsibilities?

To care for the very beings that God put in our care, for those are His creation that deserves to be loved and cared for just as He cares for us. This mother earth and the creatures God created is our responsibility to uphold and care for it as much as we ought to.

:rolleyes:

Q1. (Psalm 8). What does this psalm teach about God? What does it teach about human beings? What does it teach us about Christ? What does it teach about our responsibilities?

This Psalm tells of the majesty of God. It tells us that God has instilled us with wisdom from infancy to know him and give Him praise. That we are empowered to withstand the wiles of Satan described in this passage as the enemy seeking revenge.

It tells us that God does not withhold his creations and beauty from us. That we have treasures here on earth if we only take the time to appreciate the beauty of God's creations. That he esteems us, that he considers us worthy by the value He places on us. The Psalm tells us that God made us a little lowere than the angels and crowned us with glory and honor. That through Jesus Christ we have power, dominion and authority over all things. The Psalm also tells us that we have to be like Christ, humbling ourselves, willing to die for each other, always lift each other us, not be prideful and to be wise stewards of the things that we have been given authority over.

This Psalm teaches me that God is majestic. He made all things and beings. He deserves my praise. He cares for me and loves me.

This Psalm teaches me that humans were made just a little lower than the angels of heaven. We are to ruled over all of God's other creations. We are like microscopic organisms compared to God's creation.

This Psalm teaches me that even though we are so minuscule compared to all of creation, God cared enough to send His Son to live and die as this minuscule creation.

Our responsibilities are to be responsible and respectful of all creation. We are to glorify God. :)

QUOTE(Pastor Ralph @ Aug 18 2007, 12:41 PM)

The Yahweh, is our God and that He is all powerful.

This psalm teaches us that we are fragile and weak yet this all powerful God loves us and cares for us.

This psalm reiterates to us that Christ, though He limited himself into a fleshly form is still the ruler of all.

This psalm emphasises our need to glorify God who created us to commune with Him.

• 1 month later...

THIS PSALM TEACHES US ABOUT GOD'S MAJESTY AND HELPS US TO SEE HIM AS INFINITE ; THE ONE WHO CREATED THE BEAUTIFUL HEAVENS, THE MOON AND THE STARS IS OUR LORD, YAHWEH GOD HIMSELF.

AS HUMAN BEINGS, WE ARE FINITE AND WEAK . HE LOVES US AND CARES FOR US AND THAT'S WHY WE NEED TO PRAISE HIM FOR WHAT HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED FOR US ON THE CROSS.

CHRIST HUMBLED HIMSELF AS GOD'S SON AND BECAME A LITTLE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS TO DIE ON THE CROSS AND PAY THE PENALTY FOR MY SINS, FOR WHICH I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL.

OUR RESPONSIBILITY IS TO TAKE CARE OF ALL THE HE HAS ENTRUSTED US TO WHILE WE'RE HERE ON EARTH; TO BE GOOD STEWARD OF WHAT HE'S GIVEN US.GOD BLESS..GLORY.

• 4 weeks later...

Psalm 8 teaches that God is majestic and powerful and worthy of all praise from all His creatures. The Psalmist seem in awe by the smallness of man in creation as compared to the vastness of the universe and the power that God bestowed upon us. Even though Jesus was made a little lower than the angels His status was exalted and He was crowned with glory and honor and given authority over the earthly realm.

Psalm 8 teaches that God is majestic and powerful and worthy of all praise from all His creatures. The Psalmist seem in awe by the smallness of man in creation as compared to the vastness of the universe and the power that God bestowed upon us. Even though Jesus was made a little lower than the angels His status was exalted and He was crowned with glory and honor and given authority over the earthly realm.

1. God is AWESOME, true expression, true inspiration God is all in all.

2. Think of a pool of water, take a drop of that water, does it not have the same properties as the pool of water? We are made in the image and glory of God. He has given us glory and honor. Be at peace for all that is God's is ours from the fish in the sea to the birds in the air. God give to us joyously should we not give back to God all honor and glory? For every step that I take I take with God.

3.Be at peace. Was not everything at Christ beck and call? Did Christ need money, food or a roof? Everything was provide to Him as Christ provides for us everyday. Look around, how awesome!

4. We need to take care of what has been provided to us. Do not waste, give back to the earth, man and God.

• 3 weeks later...
This psalm teaches us that God name and glory is above all in creation in the heavens and the earth 2. and with his creation he gave man authority to rule over his creation 3. even in our midst of disobedience God sent only begotten son to save us, because he loves us that much 4. so it is our responsibility to give God all the praise honor and glory for what he is doing in our lives

I do so enjoy this Psalm and love to sing the song How Majestic Is Your Name. What we learn here is:

About God: He is the creator of all - man and the universe.

About Humans: We are simple children that are helpless without Him.

About Christ: He was made a little lower than the angels and that he would become human and die for our sins. Jn. 3:16

About responsibilities: We are to oversee his creation and try to make it a better place.

:)

• 1 month later...

It talks about how God created the heavens and the earth and everything in it. He put man in a high reguard, we are to rule over everything meaning take care of everything. He loves man so much.

From, Psalm 8 we learn that God makes paradox possible. We see this in verse 2, where the psalmist observes that God has given strength to his followers, who are "babes and sucklings," usually considered the weakest of the weak. They become strong enough to become soldiers of God through the Word, in order to "still the enemy and the avenger."

We learn that God, all powerful, who has created the marvelous firmament, has raised humans up to an exalted state despite their lowliness, and given them glory and honor, and dominion over creation, which again is a weak/powerful paradox that the psalmist wonders about in verses 3 and 4, indeed in the whole psalm. Who are we that we deserve this from God, he asks, and how is it possible?

Humans are established as the children of God, through he use of the words "babes and sucklings," as soldiers of God (see Phil 2:25), and as caretakers of the earth and the rest of creation. This latter is a legacy, a divine gift to his children.

All responsiblity is implied although very much present. In verses 1 and 9, we see our responsibility remember our lowliness and to praise God for his gifts to us. In verse 2, we see the responsibility to use the Word of God as a weapon against God's enemies and by extension, our own. As caretakers with dominion over our Father's creation, we have a responsibility not to squander and lay waste to our inheritance, as seen in verses 6-8.

We learn of Christ in this Psalm through the exploration of God, humans, and our responsibility to God, as the exploration is a forshadowing of what appears later in portions of the NT, or we hear echoes of this psalm in portions of the NT. In Luke 18:17, the Christ says to the Pharisees, "whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." In Luke 18:9-15, in the Christ's parable of the publican and the Pharisee, we are again reminded that "...everyone who exalteth himself shall be abased, and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

As observed in a devotional that I read every day, "God gives blessing to us so we can give glory to Him."

Praise God our Father and Christ his gift to us.

1. He is our Lord; His name and reputation abounds on the earth and is higher than the heavens; He teaches children and infants about his strenght; He uses the small and helpless to silence His enemies; His handiwork speaks of His greatness; He formed humans; He crowned them/us with glory and honor;He put humanity in charge of everything He made.

2. We are to tell of His strength from our earliest ages; we are to observe His handiwork; from our perspective we are so insignificant that it is hard to imagine God paying any attention to us at all and yet we are cared for by Him; we are created lower than the heavenly beings.

3. To become a "son of man" Jesus had to take a place lower than the heavenly beings, also.

4. From our very youngest years we are to praise the Lord; we are to consider the work of His fingers; we are to reflect the glory and honor He has bestowed upon us; we are to take godly authority over creation.

I am particularly fascinated with the concept of our weaknesses contrasted with our enemies and a reminder that God is stronger than them (our enemies;) even in our weaknesses. It gives me confidence even when I am feeling overwhelmed by my enemies. That fits with the metaphor of our being so tiny and seemingly insignificant in this great world; yet God does not forget about us and is there as huge as ever - even in our greatest weaknesses!

How cool is that?

1. He is our Lord; His name and reputation abounds on the earth and is higher than the heavens; He teaches children and infants about his strenght; He uses the small and helpless to silence His enemies; His handiwork speaks of His greatness; He formed humans; He crowned them/us with glory and honor;He put humanity in charge of everything He made.

Your comments helps me from a personal point of view right now; as I am having difficulty with some people in my life who have put themselves in a position of being God and see me as a weak baby that they have to overtake; rather than give strength to as God does. It gives me strength on dealing with them. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Psalm 8 extolls the might, majesty, and universality of God, his capability to use weakness to exploit worldly apparant strengths, his concern for humankind and his faith in a human capability to respond in a positive manner to his expressions of Love.

It testifies that humankind is by definition the deliberate creation of God, created to be the rulers and stewards of his magnificant, sublime, creation. And, that implication, as such all of humankind is responsible to Him for their stweardship.

Christ is mentioned by implication in verses 4, 5, & 6, which imply that Christ is a representative entity for all of mankind, by his existance, his relationship to God, the facts of his life, death, and his ressurection.

It teaches that in response to God's love and trust in humankind we are charged with the stewardship of his creation, and all that is in it animal, mineral, and vegetable, from the greatest to the least of all.

Q1 Psalm 8:

What does this Psalm teach about God? This Psalm teaches the God is highly exalted not only on the earth but also in the heavenlies.In this Psalm God is worth of all praise and the voice of all creation on the earth and in the heavens proclaim His majesty.

What does it teach about human beings? This Psalm teaches that human beings are more than mere creation of the Lord that they alone were created and designed to worship the Lord.It teaches that mankind has charge over creation and from the observance of creation mankind can reflect upon God's majesty.

What does it teach about Christ? The Psalm reflects on how Christ who altough higher than both creation and of mankind stepped down from the Majesty of the heavenlies to become part of mankind.Christ became Incarnated;God in the flesh and dwelt amongst us.Through Christ we observe how God cares and loves His creation especially mankind that Christ humbled Himself to give unto human beings even to the point of giving of Himself by the death on the Cross.In the end people and all creation shall bow down before Him and proclaim Him to be Lord and Saviour.

What does it teach about our responsibilities? In this Psalm our responsibilities are to be caretakers of God's creation.We are to care for creation and not to abuse it.The Lord has given us authority over all creation and when He returns we shall give account of how we either took charge of everything He made or how we abused His creation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1) This Psalm teaches us the power and greatness of God

2) In our weakness and innocense we gain our strenght through worshiping and praising God. In all Gods greatness he still considers us

3) In this Psalm Christ is the son of man and he was made a little lower than God. Christ became human to redeem us and show us how to live Christlike lives. Jesus Christ is through all of the old testament and this is one example. I always read this scripture to mean all mankind as the son and man, and that is still true, but Jesus identifies himself in the new testament as the son of man and makes the connection between the old and new testament.

4) Our responsibilty is to care for your creation, trust, worship and praise God