JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 27

Q.1) David wants to be in the presence of our Lord and Saviour always. To be near God and to always seek God love.To feel Gods presence with David at every moment. That is when David feel safe and content. Wanting to rejoice and let God know how he feels. David rests in knowing his Heavenly Father is always with him. There for him. To "Seek his face" is to become intimate with God. To gain a closer personal relationship with the almighty. To always have God in your heart, mind and soul. David provides hope by being confident of seeing Gods Blessing. While David is here on earth. For one to be patient,strong,confident. Expecting God to answer and deliver on his promises.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 27) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"?

David desire to "dwell in the house of the Lord" meant that he longed to draw near to God in a place of safety, a place where there is always rejoicing.

What does it mean to "seek his face"?

To "seek his face" means to earnestly seek to hear from God.

How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm?

David provides hope by saying that he is assured that, no matter what, God will come through and he will see God's goodness prevailing. He admonishes that we wait patiently for God to move on our behalf.

Q1. (Psalm 27) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"?

To dwell in the house of the Lord means to be close, near to God at all times for safety and security and also for God's love and care.

What does it mean to "seek his face"?

To seek his face means that he seeks his presence desiring and yearning for a relationship with the Lord seeking his attendance in all things. Never being out of the presence of the Lord.

How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm?

Hope is provided because David is sure and has faith and he is patient never wavering never doubting but believing and waiting on the Lord because with patience and faith you will receive what God has promised.

What does it mean that David desires to dwell in the house of the Lord?What does it mean to seek his face?How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm?

He means that He wants to be closer to the Lord because in the church he wants to seek and pray to the Lord. To seek the face of the Lord is to really want to be face to face like in prayer and in the Word of the Lord because David was confident in the Lord.David provides the hope to us at the end of the Psalm by saying to Wait on the Lord and to be of Good courage cause he will give us the desires of the heart that we have.

;) Q1. (Psalm 27) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"? What does it mean to "seek his face"? How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm?

Q1. part A... In this 27th psalm when it says "David desires to dwell in the House of the Lord". I feel the meaning is that David desires to be

very close to the Lord; and be able to feel and experience this closeness.Being Close to the Lord and experienceing and feeling this closeness

is like a safe haven for David or like the shelter of a cave etc etc.... This feeling of closeness with the Lord God left him feeling happy !

The feeling and knowing this closeness brought out David's Joy. and he could sing and dance and celebrate in this knowledge and Feeling

close to His lord.

Q1.Part B The expression " To seek His face" means to me that David wanted a meeting with His Lord God. Close enought that David

felt they were face to face communicating. In a place he could hear what God was saying to him and David could answer and feel God

heard his response.

Q1 Part C... It seems to me that the hope David gives in the end of this psalm is reminding himself and the others hearing the psalm

of Abraham. Abraham waited and waited for years for the promised Son and decendents God had promised him. Abraham being human

did not always wait patiently and tried to fulfill it himself at times. But David's reason for bringing up Abraham was the point that God Did

Fulfill the Promise to Abraham and since He is a faithful God He and We today can have Hope in that if we wait for God to fulfill his word and

promises He will. If we wait and stay close in His presence.

Q1. (Psalm 27) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"? What does it mean to "seek his face"? How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm?

part 1 - To be in the prescence of God and to do His will.

part 2- We are hungering for His presence in our lives, we want - we yearn for- a closer relationship with God.

part 3 - David reveals to his readers, that the wait will be worth it - God is faithful. And... we are not to lose faith - the reward will be awesome!

Q1. (Psalm 27) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"? What does it mean to "seek his face"? How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm?

To dwell in the house of the Lord, for me to is to dwell with the Lord. To be so absorbed by the Lord to be in union with the Lord.

To seek his face for me means to seek after the Lord with a full blown relationship with God

How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm? He knows that God will be there and he waits on Him

to dwell in the house of the Lord means to me that David trusts God completely and wants to have what He has, security, the House of the Lord is a Temple and it is a safe haven from anything threatening.

to dwell in the house of the Lord means to me that David trusts God completely and wants to have what He has, security, the House of the Lord is a Temple and it is a safe haven from anything threatening. To seek His face means he wants to have a personal closeness with the Lord as in a personal relationship

In my own thoughts it would seem that Davidloves God so much, he wants to be surrounded by all things of God. He knows by being surrounded by God he is protected and there is nothing to fear, and by being surrounded by God and living His intended way then the victory has been won over satan and he can not get any footholds. When the enemy attacks from all angles, God is his rock and confidence. By seeking this closeness every day of his life he becomes even closer and the ultimate way to quench this thirst for absolute closeness would be seeing the Lord face to face in its glory and talking to Him in His direct presence. David is waiting for this with patience. The hope for us is if we wait in confidence for the Lord, have a faithful heart and stand strong in His promise, the Lord will come to us and will be with him forever.

1a) I feel that David wanted to live with God in his protection

Just like when a child still lives at home under the protection of their parents

1b) It seems to me that he is asking God not to be silent or angry with him.

1c) To believe, be patient, stand firm on your belive, God will deliver

To dwell is to make the Lord the ruler of your life and therefore experience his love. when one does so, other people will sometimes notice your actions and outlook and by witnessing a Christian's actions , that person might be motivated to develop a personal relationship with God.

To seek his face is to spend time with the Lord by talking to him as you would a close friend and spending time in his word.

David is hopeful at the end of the Psalm by reminding us to wait for the Lord and his will.

What is so special about this "house of the Lord?" David must have liked the "house of the Lord" very much that he yearns to dwell there all the days of his life. Well, I find peace, quietness, sense of belonging and joy when I am in a church or within a group of believers. But not all the time though - sometimes I am in church but my mind wonders to all the problems of the world and my own inadequacy.

But David is talking beyond the physical attributes of the "house of the Lord". He desires to be close to the Lord always. Not only during the church services or during a gathering with fellow believers but he is talking about an all-the-time relationship with the Lord during ups and downs of ones life.

Seeking his face is putting the effort in looking for the Lord - to really feel his presence. Imagine talking to someone you love through a long-distance phone call. There is a satisfaction. But it makes it more worth while, when the person puts the effort, travels all the way to meet the person face-to-face. Seeking the face of the Lord, is about opening up the bible, praying, telling others about Him, marveling at His works, understanding his will and having him to understand our daily problems, questions and disappointments on a daily basis.

With so many disasters, crimes and injustice, in this world now, it is easier to doubt the existence of God. But like David, we can psyche ourselves. Like David, we can learn to be confident and see God's goodness in the land of the living. One must not give up. Hope carries us through.

What a comforting thought!

Cheers

Rajes

To dwell in the house of the Lord is to be in His presence. Oh, the peace of being in His presence.

To seek His face is to desire close communication with the Lord by reading His Word, meditating on Him, praying and listening.

David knew--was confident God would listen to Him and answer, knowing He is a Good God. He was expectantly waiting for his God.

That David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord" means he desires to be close to the Lord at all times. By being close to the Lord, he will feel happy and safe.

To

David desires to have peace and safety in God's love, to be in God's will and be pleasing to him.

For him to seek his face means to meditate and call upon God's name, to commune with him.

David says that we should wait, stay strong, take heart, and expect him. That we can depend on the one who has kept his promises before. Wait, pray, listen for his answer and do his will.

It meant that David desire to be closer to God, to live under his protection, to dwell in his presence & safety.

"Seek his face" means David was asking for the presence of God, for a personal relationship with God. To seek the Face of God also means he was Seeking God's attention in all that he is doing, seeking God's direction. David is seeking God Face for protection & guidance.

He provide hope at the end of the Psalm in that, He's asking to also put our trust in the God, because he the only one we can find hope and courage, and that we should alway have faith in Trusting in the Lord, we should not be carrying away my difficult times but rather have faith in the Lord and he will take you through. He also demonstrate that he had confident that God was going to see him through despair the situation

1. David desired to draw near to God at all times. He wanted a close personal relationship with him.

2. To seek his presence; to be face to face with him. To desire a personal intimacy with him.

3. He wants us to have faith and be patient to wait on the Lord. In due time, you will be rewarded for he has promised that you would receive whatever you have asked of him.

To dwell in the house of the Lord, Jesus continually asks me to find myself in him. I think that is what it means to dwell in the house of the Lord. When I ask how to do this he says, to be joined to him. I am learning what this means. To seek his face is just that to see and seek his presence. I usually seek him in the morning, we have a time together. That time is life changing, day changing, ..... David provides hope by saying I would despair unless i believed I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I would too! I have seen the goodness of the Lord, thank God and i would despair if I did not believe I would continue to see it.

To dwell in the "house of the Lord and "his temple"means to be in the presence of the Lord.Davids greatest desire was to live in Gods presence.

When you seek Gods face,it speaks of desiring,or having a yearning for personal intimacy with the Almighty Heavenly Father.Bask in Gods presence,enjoy being with God.Merge in his presence to where you are just swallowed up.

David feels safe,and there is a confidence he feels,even in time of trouble.Its like crawling uo into your daddy's lap,and you know you are safe and secure from any dangersGod will guard you in his presence .

1.) David desires to dwell in the house of the Lord where he can find peace, tranquility, and he can open his mind and heart up to God. It si David's desire to be in the presences of God. This was the most safest place for him to be and that he wants to be there all the days of his life.

2.) To seek His face means to hunger for the Lord's presence. We loong for His holiness and closeness. To live by what God wants for us to live by--His Standards not our own.

3.) Davids hope--To stand strong in our faith and give our all in all to God. Keep praying and God will come through for us.

The summary of what I'd written is that God's answer is always "yes," that his "yes" is always the very best, but that it may not be what we expect it to be. That waiting is not fretting while we wait, but rather resting in God's "yes." And that expectation is not jumping at everything that happens to see if it's what WE asked for or wanted, but rather calm assurance that God's "yes" (which is far better than anything we could ever dream up) will come to pass at the very best time as we wait for him.

Lois

Lois,

I like your statement that "waiting is not fretting while we wait, but rather resting in God's yes". I need to remember that because I seem to be pretty good at fretting and trying to help God move things along!

Blessings,

Lynda