JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 27

To dwell in the House of the Lord is to be close to Him at all times; find safety in Him and praise Him.

To seek His face is to seek His presence and desire a close, personal relationship with Him.

David reminds us not to give up - if we wait with anticipation, we will see God's goodness in this life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 27) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"? What does it mean to "seek his face"? How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm?

To meet a person we always have to go to his/her house.David however did not only want premission for occasional visits but wanted to live in this "House" (presence of God).

David had already known and tasted the goodness of God. And it is that experience that he did did not want to loose or be away from.

Seeking His face: When we read about someone, we get eager to know them more intimately. This is possible when we see the person in addition to talking to the person. David had prayed and heard God, however he wanted a closer walk and hence he began seeking for the Lords face.

David believed that he would see the goodness of Adonai in the land of the living (his present times). He had tasted and seen that the Lord is good. In other words he had first hand experience of the sovereignity of God and he trusted that God who does not change would help him.

Q1. (Psalm 27) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"? What does it mean to "seek his face"? How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm?

David desired above all things to one in the household of God always; whatever his circumstances to be in holy communion with God, to always be living at home with the father.

To seek God's face is ever a litany of the true believer. It would be painful to the believer if we asked to see God's face and if God withdrew himself from us making it impossible to meet with him. God's smile gives the greatest comfort to the believer, his frown despair.

Wait on the Lord suggests trust in God's goodness and timing. God's timimg is not our timing and God acts and sees things differently from the way that we do. David waited on God, he depended on him alone for all of his needs and looked expectantly to him. David discovered the value of patience, he trusted God to send answers when and only when the time was right in God's eyes.

David wants to be as close to God as possible. He wants to be in God's presence at all times.

David wants an intimate relationship with God where he can share his life with God and where God can share his Word with David - A close relationship where nothing is hidden.

David remains confident of God's goodness in his life; he just needs to remain strong and WAIT for God.

• 1 month later...

DAVID DESIRED INTIMACY WITH THE LORD. HE WANTED TO BE CLOSE TO HIM AT ALL TIMES.HE HAD A DEEP LONGING IN HIS HEART FOR GOD'S PRESENCE; HE WAS THIRSTING FOR GOD.THIS REMINDS ME OF THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IN HIM WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING.HIM IN ME AND ME ABIDING IN HIM SPEAKS OF CONTINUAL FELLOWSHIP AND COMMUNION WITH EACH OTHER, WHICH SEEMS TO DESCRIBE DAVID'S HEART TOWARD GOD.

TO SEEK HIS FACE IS TO SEEK HIS PRESENCE, NOT HIS PRESENTS. TO BE FACE TO FACE WITH HIM.YEARNING FOR INTIMACY AND ONENESS WITH GOD.DAVID HAD A DEEP HUNGER AND DESIRE TO KNOW GOD. HE WAS REACHING OUT TO GOD WITH ALL OF HIS BEING, LONGING FOR A MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIP .

DAVID FINDS HOPE BY WAITING ON GOD TO DELIVER HIM.HE WAITS ON THE LORD TO ACT ON HIS BEHALF; HIS HOPE IS IN YAHWEH GOD.HE HELPS US NOW, IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING, SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT TO BE IN HEAVEN TO BE DELIVERED. HE WILL NOT FORSAKE US LIKE SOME PARENTS DO.SO BE STRONG AND TAKE COURAGE AND NEVER GIVE UP. HE WILL NOT BRING YOU THIS FAR TO LEAVE YOU. HE ALWAYS COMPLETES WHAT HE STARTED...GLORY.

• 4 weeks later...

As we continue in life's journey he has the assurance that God dwells in us at all times. That he remains on the right path at all times with the vision of God always in his mind. That all in divine order. Centering on the truth of God's perfect order is within every atom of his being. He affrims God'd divine order and steps back to to look at the bigger picture, trusting in God, moving on with confidence, for God has shown him the way the truth and the life. Soothed and conforted by perfect love. Being conscious of the joy of God within his soul. Joy is a natual state of being as he deepens his awareness with God.

• 2 weeks later...
If there is to anything meaningful in life, it is the desire to be in the presence of Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, So I must continually stay in his word and meditate on His word if desire to seek the face of God. David knows that to have faith in God will bring the goodness of God into his life, And that is lesson for all mankind to live off of, It is better to wait on the Lord than trying to do it your way

• 1 month later...

David desires to be in God's presence. David knows that the Lord has always been there for him in times of troble and he knows that he will be there.In the last question he's saying that he is confident that the Lord will always be ther no matter what. Just be strong and wait for him.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HE IS EXPRESSING HIS LONGING TO DRAW NEAR THE LORD. HE FEELS THAT THIS IS HIS PLACE OF SAFETY AND HE IS GLAD IN IT. HE IS LOOKING FORWARD WITH AN EXPECTATION TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF HIS LORD.HE WANTS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM, HE WANTS TO RECEIVE WORD FROM HIM IN HIS PRAYERS.DAVID PUTS HIS TRUST IN GOD, WITH THE EXPECTATION OF WAITING AND BEING STRONG TILL HE HEARS FROM GOD.BELIEVING THAT HE WILL COME THROUGHT WITH HIS ANSWER.

David makes the statement that he would like to remain in the presence of God and his sanctuary, where he finds peace, love joy, longsuffering, happiness, etc. In whatever situation, David looks to the Lord for guidance. He wants to be able to see the presence of God working in him and through him. The only confidence that we have is knowing that God is our refuge, our light in this dark world. If we continue to seek after Him we will enjoy the goodness of God in this lifetime. In our waiting we will be strengthen and given the power to endure until the coming of the Lord. Let patients have its perfect work in our lives.

• 3 weeks later...

There are many times in my life I wish I could filter out the world and focus only on Christ. The worries and pleasures of life too easily choke out my time with God. Oh, to be able to spend all my time with Him, the Creator and Lover of my soul.

David gives the "secret" for accomplishing this (dwelling in the oresence of the Lord) in the last verse:

Wait for the LORD;

be strong and take heart

and wait for the LORD.

Just be quiet before Him and wait. Now if I could conquer my flesh and do that ...

1.) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"? David desire to be in God's presence

2.) What does it mean to "seek his face"? To study his ways, to have a relationship with God, to behold his beauty

3.) How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm? By believing he would see the goodness of the Lord. He knew, without a doubt. The Lord will come and we are to wait patiently for Him. By studying His word, we gain strenght, hope and knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

[/size]

it means to be with the lord forever because he loves god so much he david will live in gods mansion forever it to seek his face means being together face to face

i am confident i will see the goodness of the lord in the land of the living and david gives advice to us wait on the lord be strong in the lord and take heart and wait on the lord

• 3 weeks later...

David wanted to be close to the Lord at all times, to draw near upto Him. For it was a place of being safe and happy. David wanted to dwell, live, retire, be there forever, never leave the house of the Lord.

In seeking the face of the Lord, he wanted to be face to face with the Lord, to have an audience, he wanted to be in his presence.

David is confident that he will see the goodness of the Lord in his lifetime; and also tells us to be persistant. To wait patiently with confidence upon the Lord.

• 2 months later...

I love this Psalm as it has provided much comfort for me as I began to come to grips with God as Father/Mother. It is one that I go to when I have to remind myself to have patience. When it says "Dwell in the house of the Lord?" it is talking about being close to God at all times. Priests would dwell in the temples as they did their duties, and we should not forget that we are God's Temple, and that He is in us, and therefore we do dwell with Him all the days of our lives. But are we mindful of that? Do we as it continues - seek His face? Do we want to be intimate with God in our everyday lives - or do we just want to relegate God to Sunday? We want to look to Him and want to know all we can about Him. We want to learn His ways and His will for us so that we can align ourselves up with His purpose for us, which is one that is in our best interests. Also, we need to realize that we don't have to wait to Heaven to see His goodness, we can see that in the land of the living here and now. David reminds us that we can trust in God, wait on Him (with expectant hope) and we WILL see His goodness. I took a Beth Moore Bible study once called Believing God and in this study we were to look for "God Stops" places where God touched our lives. Little and big - and as we looked expectantly where He was touching our lives we became closer to Him.

Before I got saved, and when I was still hurting from my past, I took a wait and see attitude with God - would He reach down and help me, would he do what I wanted Him to do when I wanted Him to do it. My faith was bound so much up in that. Now I see that it is a seeking of Him, a turning to Him, and expectant hope that moves Him. It sort of reminds me of the father of the Prodigal son. The father waited for the son' s return. He knew what was going on in His life, but knew that the son had to turn back to the father. The Father ran when He saw the son coming, but it took the son coming back for the Father to approach Him. God does not force Himself on us, but He loves it when we seek Him, when we trust Him, and when we begin to do things that draw us closer to Him.

• 2 weeks later...

What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"?

To be with God. To do thing which are pleasing in God's eyes.

What does it mean to "seek his face"?

To be able to approach Him. For God to allow this approach

How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm

There is the hope that, in time, the Lord will make himself known to David

• 3 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 27) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"?

He wants to live the way that the Lord wants him to live so that he can feel the presence and peace of Jesus. He also means that one day he will dwell in the house of the Lord and that he wants to be prepared to be received by Jesus. And he wants the Lord to dwell in him.

What does it mean to "seek his face"? It means to seek the Word of God and to know the truth.

How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm? He encourages everyone to wait on the Lord and that the Lord would strengthen your heart.

Thank you,

Love Jesus

• 1 month later...

To seek out the Lord's presence w/o a prior invatation and be received is so incredable, no offical in gov't would do that. Prez Obahma is a way to busy to accomadate anything like that. But God is never to busy that he will turn me away. To seek to be in His presence just to hang out there and spend time with my best friend is beyond amazing. Not to ask for stuff or for help but to lounge in the palace of the Master. Wow!!! Having move from the status of just His creation to that of His child and have that authority is great.

To seek out the Lord's presence w/o a prior invatation and be received is so incredable, no offical in gov't would do that. Prez Obahma is a way to busy to accomadate anything like that. But God is never to busy that he will turn me away. To seek to be in His presence just to hang out there and spend time with my best friend is beyond amazing. Not to ask for stuff or for help but to lounge in the palace of the Master. Wow!!! Having move from the status of just His creation to that of His child and have that authority is great.

• 3 weeks later...

David desires to be always in God's presence, to seek God's face, to know God's will, to feel God's presence, and His peace, always being patient in God, waiting with exuberent hope that God is going to come through for Him in the end of his trials. I love this psalm, it reminds me that as long as I'm serving God, I'm always in His presence, if I seek His face, and wait upon Him, He will be there for me, and bring me through my trials.

• 2 weeks later...

David wanted to live in tdhe presence of the Lord, his nearness, his love, his righteousness, and the power of the Holy Spirit. The hope that David provides is if we persevere, run the race till the Lord comes back, staying in the wil of God, we will receive what he has promised.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (Psalm 27) What does it mean that David desires to "dwell in the house of the Lord"? What does it mean to "seek his face"? How does David provide hope at the end of this Psalm? First I will like to say this is one of my favorite Psalms. David desires is to always be in the present of God. To seek his face knowing that God present is with him he knows that no matter what God is with him. We hope is strong just knowing that the Lord is with us always no matter the hurt and pain that we exerience from our present situation are past God will never leave us nor will He forsake us. I love this Psalm of Hope it gives me that strength to hold on to God unchanging hand.