JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Faith and Justification

Q1. (Romans 5:1-2) According to verses 1-2, faith is a key to salvation. For Abraham (4:3), what was the relationship between faith and justification? For us (5:1-2), what is the relationship between faith and justification? In your own words, just what does it mean to be justified?

:) Faith is believing for the things which is not visible, and trusting to God.Justification or Justified comes from the Greek word for Righteous.

the relation of Faith and justification - it always work together for w/out faith we will not been justify. same as faith and work, w/out work are faith will be dead.

:) to be justified means we are declared righteous by God thru our faith in Christ Jesus.

:) God bless you all.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abraham's faith in God is what made him just. Even through difficult circumstances, Abraham never stopped believing what God had told him. Abraham's faith was proven by his actions. (Hebrews 11:8,17) God saw this and considered Abraham righteous for it.

Our justification through faith comes through believing in and accepting God's son, Jesus Christ. Jesus was just from the beginning. He lived without sin. He paid the price once for all of us, so that, although we deserve to die for our sins, if we believe in Him, we become blameless in God's sight. (1 Peter 3:18)

What it means to me, personally, to be justified, is that despite my unworthiness, because God wanted me so badly to be with Him, He gave the ultimate gift to me. Now when he sees me, I look spotless and blameless to Him. Instead of seeing my sins, he simply sees me as His own, and loves me. And all He asks of me is that I believe.

Like Abraham, our faith also should be proven by our works. Works are how faith is perfected. (James 2:20-22) These two must go hand in hand.

Abraham was justified by his faith in God. We, on the other hand, are justified by faith in Jesus, who presents us to God. In either case, our righteousness is of God.

We are all guilty of the most heinous of crimes, sinners against God, most certainly condemned to eternal damnation. Through a faithful witness, or perhaps the prayers of righteous people, we meet Jesus at Calvary. It is there that we accept Him as Lord and Savior and it is then He brings our case before God. Because Jesus attests that we have proved our faith in Him it is then that the Father declares us redeemed, free of sin and shame. We are righteous, justified.

:rolleyes:

Q1. (Romans 5:1-2) According to verses 1-2, faith is a key to salvation. For Abraham (4:3), what was the relationship between faith and justification? For us (5:1-2), what is the relationship between faith and justification? In your own words, just what does it mean to be justified?

To me justification means; I have realized i am a sinner, and i have trusted JESUS when HE said you are forgiven.

PRAISE GOD HE has washed all our sins away!

Abraham beieved God and was said to have faith and was declared righteus. In our case, as we believe in the saving power of our Lord Jesus, this demonstrates our faith. To be justfied is to be free from condemnation.

Abraham was justified by God, that is to say, considered righteous, based on his faith in God. God alone has the power to test faith, as He did when he demanded that Abram sacrifice his son. This was a great show of faith in God. Since Abraham's faith was counted as righteousness, he would be spared from eternal torment, and was graced with a seat next to the Lord in heaven. We have been granted the same opportunity, although it is a very few, if any of us, that will be tested as Abram was. Faith leads to justification for us, just as it did for Abram.

To be justified means that we, while we cannot possibly live the righteous life that Christ did, by our faith in God and our assent to the substitutionary sacrifice of the Son of God for us, we are treated as if we did live that righteous of a life.

The relationship to us is our salvation and eternal life.

Were justified by the shedding of Jesus blood that pardoned our sins we were forgiven.

Faith is the belief in that Jesus came to earth died and was resurrected.

justified means being pardoned the slate wiped clean.

For Abraham, his faith & trust in the Almighty God was unwavering. This faith in Him & obedience to Him was counted as righteousness by God.

For us, we know the whole story--our faith still needs to be the same--trust in Almighty God & obedience to Him and really believing He sent His Son to die for us.

To me, being justified is having the charges/penalties of sin removed from us--making us acceptable to a Holy God.

What a human puts his faith in will show where he or she is headed and the place their lives will end up once their life comes to an end. People can set their hearts to make as much money as possible in their lives, or to find the love of their lives, or a good name for themselves. Though these things have a certain value on this earth, one must remember that anything earthly can and will change as quickly as the Hurricane Ike in Texas does. It can pick speed, lessen in its force and leave nothing but disaster as it travels.

Abraham was righteous not by what he had done, or by what he possessed; rather Abraham righteousness came because he put his faith in God who created the heaven and the earth. By that one act alone, Abraham was righteous in God

Q1.(Romans 5:1-2) For Abraham believed God,and it was accounted to him for righteousness.For us it is believing Christ Jesus died for our sins.

To be justified is believing and having faith in knowing I have been forgiven of my sins ,which seperated me from my Heavenly Father..Now that I am forgiven of my sins,I am justified,(accepted by God);There is no sin blocking my relationship with God.

Q1. (Romans 5:1-2) According to verses 1-2, faith is a key to salvation. For Abraham (4:3), what was the relationship between faith and justification?

Abraham was justified by His faith (belief/trust) in God

For us (5:1-2), what is the relationship between faith and justification?

My faith in Jesus' substitutionary death and Resurrection for my sins, justifies me in God's sight.

In your own words, just what does it mean to be justified?

Just as if I'd never sinned.

Abraham believed in God and believed in God's word. Abraham trusted God to take care of him and to keep His promises. Abraham's trust and belief were such that God made Abraham His own, using him to fulfill His ultimate promises to mankind. Abraham was God's before the covenant was in place and before the Messiah came into the world, so his belief and trust were all he had to offer God.

We, however, have Jesus Christ. We are told that He is the way, the only way. Our faith is in Jesus Christ -- the son of God and the son of man, born of the virgin birth, crucified on the cross, died, buried, and risen after three days. This is the only way we are justified. The justification given to us by Jesus Christ bridges the gap of sin between us and God. There is no way we could ever bridge that gap alone. Jesus Christ gives us the right to approach our Father and to know that we are His.

Just suppose you have been charged with a crime you have no earthly idea about. You present the facts of your whereabouts during the time of this crime,but it proves to be nothing to the accusers.Just as you are about to go and start serving your life sentence,there is new evidence known as DNA that proves without a shadow of doubt your innocent.Being justified by faith is knowing that when Jesus died on the cross,the evidence of his rising from the grave is admissable,therefore,no weapon that formed against me shall prosper,you gotta believe that you are pardon by God through the blood of Jesus Christ,if not,then you might as well give in to seducing spirits,may God continue to have mercy upon us.

To me, to be justified would mean to have qualified for the right of something, or having a sufficient reason to be so. In this case the sufficient reason would be Christ dying for our right and we qualify by believing in Him

Abraham's Faith is our model. God accounted him righteous because of this.

For us, to become righteous as Abraham we have to have the same Faith as his. This kind of faith will justify our access to the grace of God.

To be justified is to acquire/avail the same favorable verdict based of the previous decision. God decided that the Faith of Abraham considers him righteous. Our righteousness through the same Faith of Abraham justifies our access to the grace of God.

--

Lesson 1, Q1

Abraham believed the promises of God; and his faith and trust in God was counted to him for righteousness.

Our trust and faith in what Christ did on the Cross on our behalf is counted to us as righteousness.

To be justified is to be forgiven of sins (pardoned) and made right with God (declared righteous).

Q1. (Romans 5:1-2) According to verses 1-2, faith is a key to salvation. For Abraham (4:3), what was the relationship between faith and justification? For us (5:1-2), what is the relationship between faith and justification? In your own words, what does it mean to be justified?

For all faith is the only way to justification.

To be justified means reconcilliation with God and the permanent peace which comes as a result of that reconciliation. It means He will remember my sins no more. It means He is for me and not against me. It means someone (Jesus who alone was without sin and acceptable to God) paid the price, the penalty, due for me.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Justification, a beautifull word, in Genesis 15:6 it is said: He believed the Lord, and he counted it to him for rihgteousness.(as a good deed)

It is incredibel that God count it for rightseousness when I just believe. God is so great!!!

When you say that you believe, tou have to act accordingly ofcourse.

Abraham acted as an believer, his live was according his believe.

When I sat that I believe, and my life is according to my sayings, then I may stand free to God, that is the most beautifull thing that can occur to yoy.

Hendrick

For Abraham because of his faith, he was counted righteous, and because of his righteousness he was justified.

For us, we have trusted in the promises of Christ, because of the trust we have been justified and out justification is through faith hence through our faith in Christ we are justified.

To me as Justice is when you are honesty, or righteous to be justified to me is to be found innocent, without a case to answer. In Christ to be under not judgment because you your are counted righteous through Christ.

Justification, a beautifull word, in Genesis 15:6 it is said: He believed the Lord, and he counted it to him for rihgteousness.(as a good deed)

It is incredibel that God count it for rightseousness when I just believe. God is so great!!!

When you say that you believe, tou have to act accordingly ofcourse.

Abraham acted as an believer, his live was according his believe.

When I sat that I believe, and my life is according to my sayings, then I may stand free to God, that is the most beautifull thing that can occur to yoy.

Hendrick

I believe you hit the nail on the head, our "faith," our "justification" must be seen in the walk we walk, and not not talk we talk. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :unsure:

Darlene