JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. (Romans 8:24-25) What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope? How does this person typically conduct his life? How does this differ from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better future? What is the "Christian hope"? How should it motivate us and affect our lives now?

Just look around you-people are in a hurry to go nowhere. Make money-have fun. Fill their lives full of all the very best that life has to offer. Life has to offer. Think about that. We, as children of God and joint-heirs with Christ, are waiting for a better life that can be found in knowing Jesus, and taking what He freely offers. When we do, then we will live according to someone who has everything that Jesus has to offer! Abundant life, sin-free life, no pain, no tears, no sickness-now that, my brother and sister, is life! Gloray to God!!!! We will have it in Eternity, and no one will be able to take it away from us!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Romans 8:24-25) What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope?

Dreading each day as it comes because they have no hope, always having a negative outlook on life, and treasuring the things of this world.

How does this person typically conduct his life?

This person always seems to have a major crisis going on, and has no hope of ever seeing things get better.

How does this differ from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better future?

He lives his life full of joy and hope, knowing and believing in all the promises of God.

What is the "Christian hope"?

That we will spend all eternity with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

How should it motivate us and affect our lives now?

It should motivate us to persevere, knowing that Jesus will return. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Q4. (Romans 8:24-25) What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope? How does this person typically conduct his life? How does this differ from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better future? What is the "Christian hope"? How should it motivate us and affect our lives now?

A person without hope is depressed. and there are a lot of depression in this time. look at all the ads for depression. The world needs Jesus

A person who has lost hope conducts his life in a state of depression. Listless and without joy

A person who who hold and eager expectation of a better future is Gal 5. 22 love, joy, peace, long suffering, patience, kindess, goodnes, faithfullness and self controlled.

We should be motivated to share the gospel with others.

• 3 weeks later...

People who have lost hope are, well, hopeless. It is a depressing feeling of defeat and dispair. Hopeless people cannot see good for the future; their outlook is surrounded by their present circumstance. A person who has their hope in Christ, knows that He has already overcome the world. Christ Himself said "in this world, you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." That is good news for us. The bible also gives us stories of holy men who went through some really dark times. They remained steadfast in the faith and were blessed for it. We are told to keep our eyes focused on our life with Jesus; if that doesn't bring you joy, I do not know what can.

• 4 months later...
  • Q4. (Romans 8:24-25)
  • What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope?A person who has lost hope often knows depression and feels there is no reason to live..
  • How does this person typically conduct his life? His life is often aimless without real joy.
  • How does this differ from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better future?One who has the expectation of a better future can have joy even in the midst of earthly trials because there are better things to come.
  • What is the "Christian hope"? How should it motivate us and affect our lives now? The Christian hope is that there will be a better future and this should motivate us to glorify God in all we do. God is our hope for this better future.icon1.gif

• 1 month later...

A person who has lost hope could be losing their faith, as we know it takes faith to have hope.The question looks like it is refering to one who has NO hope, so this person would be living a life of the world then, not caring about the final out come of ones actions, believing this is all there is. Then there are the ones who still believe in God but have lost hope, so they wander around in despair. They know that there is something bigger and better but for some reason their prayers may not have been answered or something tragic may have happened. A person who has hope usually has put Christ in front of oneself. They are uplifted and see the good in life and people. They believe that God has a plan and they wait upon Him patiently. We believe in the second coming and that there is eternal life for us, only thru the grace of God and acceptance of Christ. We should be motivated to Gods will, His work, for we are not here for ourselves but for God. We all have been given a gift or maybe gifts and we are to use them correctly to help, guide, teach, love, care and so on for others. Of course it is not these wortks that get us into heaven but when you are a follower of Christ you just want to do what ever you can, this would be the Holy Spirit working in you. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

A very sad sight to behold, no hope or vision, almost given up, down trodden with the events of life, in some cases friendless, having used up all the accounts that friends and family have afforded to them.

Life without the Saviour is a lonely walk, a false sense of well being, then it all goes wrong and..theres no one to call on, no friend no family..alone. I have been in that place, I used my friends and family, I woke up alone one morning, alone, no hope...but Jesus found me and placed my feet upon a Rock.

New faith found hope, new visions, new life, forgiveness, restoration, now never alone, never forsaken, what a Saviour.

Motivation to share the wonder of my Lord to show to all that suffer within this world that Jesus offers new a beginning, He does not look at our failures but at us, nothing in my hand I bring simply to thy Cross I cling.

I love living with my Saviour as my guide.

Thank you Lord for saving me.

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,

Let me hide myself in Thee;

Let the water and the blood,

From Thy wounded side which flowed,

Be of sin the double cure;

Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands

Can fulfill Thy law

• 3 months later...

1. the characteristics of the person that loses hope is shameful, anger, and disappointed.

2. he mustn't have did something wrong in his life.

3. so that he can find a better future about his life.

4. Christen Hope is when people that give in expression of their faith.

5. in addition, we can express our lives by showing their feelings.

the characteristic of a person who has lost hope is depressed mad mean. They don't care about how they live there life and could care less about what they do. A person who cares would be all happy and nice.that we could live with God. we should be getting ready and getting non-Christians ready too.

Q4. (Romans 8:24-25) What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope? How does this person typically conduct his life? How does this differ from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better future? What is the "Christian hope"? How should it motivate us and affect our lives now

sad,mad and all sick feelings

life all sad and slow

will a person that has hope looks for the future.

God coming back

will we try to bring people to god

Rom 8:24 For it was by hope that we were saved; but if we see what we hope for, then it is not really hope. For who of us hopes for something we see?

Rom 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

A person who has lost hope is reckless, sad, angry. They do not care for themselves or for others. They will live in the moment as the future holds no meaning for them and they will be very self centered on what they desire and what they feel they deserve. On the other hand a person who has the hope of a better future will live their lives doing the best they can with joy and happiness no matter what the circumstances as they know that things will improve. They will also have a better outlook towards others knowing that there is a future. The Christian hope is the return of the Lord and His ruling of the earth and all that is within it. The future where there is no more pain, tears, wars, hurts, and even no more death. A future which has no sin and no battles with Satan. A future in the glorious presence of the Lord. With knowing that we should live our lives knowing there will be a time when we come face to face with our God. We also should realize that the only way to this future is through Christ and that it depends on us to spread the gospel...to tell of this glorious end or beginning. We should live our lives in accordance with God's will and in times of trouble know what the future holds in store.

<!--quoteo(post=37974:date=Aug 16 2008, 01:26 AM:name=Pastor Ralph)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pastor Ralph @ Aug 16 2008, 01:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=37974"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Q4. (Romans 8:24-25) What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope? How does this person typically conduct his life? How does this differ from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better future? What is the "Christian hope"? How should it motivate us and affect our lives now?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A very sad sight to behold, no hope or vision, almost given up, down trodden with the events of life, in some cases friendless, having used up all the accounts that friends and family have afforded to them.

Life without the Saviour is a lonely walk, a false sense of well being, then it all goes wrong and..theres no one to call on, no friend no family..alone. I have been in that place, I used my friends and family, I woke up alone one morning, alone, no hope...but Jesus found me and placed my feet upon a Rock.

New faith found hope, new visions, new life, forgiveness, restoration, now never alone, never forsaken, what a Saviour.

Motivation to share the wonder of my Lord to show to all that suffer within this world that Jesus offers new a beginning, He does not look at our failures but at us, nothing in my hand I bring simply to thy Cross I cling.

I love living with my Saviour as my guide.

Thank you Lord for saving me.

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,

Let me hide myself in Thee;

Let the water and the blood,

From Thy wounded side which flowed,

Be of sin the double cure;

Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands

Can fulfill Thy law

• 2 months later...

Q4. (Romans 8:24-25) What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope? How does this person typically conduct his life? A person who has lost hope has no real joy in or meaning to their life. Typically such a person will oscillate between the pits of despair and the seeking out of pleasure after pleasure to try to mask the real emptiness which is their life. I know that this is true, because I have been there but thank God have been rescued from this pit.

How does this differ from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better future? What is the "Christian hope"? How should it motivate us and affect our lives now? Christians have more than just hope, we have a certain knowledge that we will see and experience perfection in the presence of God. We have this knowledge because we believe in the Word of God and having believed, we see ourselves progressing towards it during our time here on Earth being led by the Holy Spirit. That knowledge is so profound that it has to be the motivating force behind everything we do and are.

• 5 weeks later...

What are the characteristics of a man who has lost hope? It ususally shows up in what he says or how he says things. Also, it is evident in his thought life. For example, is there a lack of desire to go to church or to attend other christian functions? What about the prayer life? His mind is not always focused on God and what He wants for him. These actions contrast with a person who is full of hope in God. That person behaves just the opposite of the one who has lost hope in God. He looks forward to going to church to hear about the things of God and to being around other believers. He also looks forward to the leadings of God through the Holy Spirit. Like Paul H., I can say I know these two differences first hand, and I am so grateful that God reached down and saved me!

• 2 months later...

Someone who's lost hope lives as if they are not living; they don't see a point to it. Their life has no purpose, no goal, no orientation. One who eagerly expects a better future, however, lives with that sense of purpose, with joy, with direction; they whole life is organized around that hope, the realization of that hope. The "Christian hope" is eternal life to come, for God has prepared a city for us. The hope of this better life, this eternal life of bliss with God motivates our lives now, that we live every single moment of it in eager expectation, and for God, as gratitude for Him, for we live in and through Him, now and forever.

• 1 month later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=824

Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is not hope; for what anyone sees, why does he also hope for it?

Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that which we do not see, then we wait for it with patience.

They are negative, despondent, sad, depressed people. They have basically given up on life. There life is generally a mess, they are living in sin, have lost faith and see no future.

These people are positive; we walk in faith trusting God above all. Our faith is in God and not in man. Hope is Faith and if we do not have faith we have nothing, it is trust in Almighty God. We should be positive and rely on God and not ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (Romans 8:24-25) What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope?

A person who has lost hope lives without confidence in any expectation in the future.

Typically a person conducts his life based on the knowledge he has; confidence of what is ahead.

How does this differ from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better future?

A person who holds an eager expectation of a better future live with the expectation of what is to come

The "Christian's hope" is the return of Christ and reigning with him forevermore.

We shoul be motivated and live knowing that eternity is just around the corner. Not long now!

• 2 weeks later...

Without hope, we become depressed.

We get passive and don't succeed.

If we hope for a better future, we have more joy.

Christian hope is to know there's a heaven.

We can work towards it.

• 2 weeks later...

ANS - I think of the WWII concentration camp in Germany - Dachau, when prisoners entered they would see the sign over the gate - "Enter here, lose all hope". Without hope we are people most despicable, most discouraged, most lost, with an attitude of "what is there to live for".

ANS - Living with no purpose in life, living only for self, living only for today. Right now in the US Army there is a high rate of suicide, because they see all the fighting, with no hope of victory, and probably very little spiritual encouragement.

How does this differ from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better future? What is the "Christian hope"?

ANS - Quite the opposite. A Christian, living a spirit filled, victorious life, is encouraged from day to day, bearing the fruits of the Spirit, and is anticipation of not only what the day brings, but tomorrow, and most importantly, the hope of eternity.

ANS - To live life to its fullest in Christ, in expectation of what He is going to do in our lives, and in the lives of others. We look forward to His soon return. It gives life meaning and purpose. It motivates us to fulfill His purpose and calling for us, to reach out and make a difference in life.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope?

He seems defeted and downcast....hopeless, like he has no will or thought of the future.

If ap person does not have hope he may live in a way that is just for now....do reckless things with no thought of the future.

A person who holds that Godly hope goes forward knowing that things will get better, that life or life after here will be fulfilled. We know that each day is lived with the full hope of one day being with Christ in a new kingdom.

Being with our Lord Jesus Christ as the Messiah.....

We should get up and face the day with the hope of glory....being a loving kind person with the heart of a servant for Christ.

• 3 weeks later...

The characteristics of a person who has lost hope is one that is very sad. They see no need to go on with life.

This person typically conducts his life like there is no tomorrow. He is always looking for something and not finding it. And then the final step is to commit suicide.

This differs from a person who holds an eager expectation of a better time because they have a joy that you can see. They are always upbeat in all that they do.

The

4a) Person who has lost hope seeks itin what they can see e.g. possessions, money/job &feeling of false power & drugs,alcohol find only a false happiness. They are always striving and have little purpose in life,they need Christ as their saviour. :huh:B) They have no purpose in life, are not content,often selfish in their thoughts & actions, don

• 1 month later...

Answer:

1.What are the characteristics of a person who has lost hope? How does this person typically conduct his life?

Those who lost hope or no hope at all,all typical for unbelievers,those who live their life,in a manner of EAT,DRINK and be MERRY for tomorrow you might Die.They are concerned only with wordly Joy

• 2 weeks later...

A person who has lost hope lives in despair. He lives only for the present. In contrast, the person who eagerly anticipates the future lives a life full of joy. The "Christian hope" is that we will spend eternity with Christ. This motivates me to live a full life of service in anticipation of the future.