JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. God Is for Us!

God is the one in highest power. He has the final say and if He says that we are OK, then we are - no matter what anyone else says, for 'If God is for us, who can be against us?'

Who are our enemies? Satan is our No 1 enemy, and he often works against us through other people. But I think our No 2 enemy is ourselves. Especially when we listen to Satan telling us we are no good and we will never make the grade. Sometimes we are so full of self condemnation that the devil can take a holiday while we do his work for him.

The evidence that God is for us is proven by the fact that He gave His only beloved, begotten Son for our sakes. We can also look around at the beautiful creation that He made for us. Through the times when we see something great happening in our lives at a time when we thought that all was lost. When He brings all things together for the good of those who love Him.

As I read the question again and wrote my answer, it gave me a warm glow all over me. I know that in Christ, I am safe and I am welcome too.

It gives me hope and confidence to move into realms I would not normally go into and do things I would not normally do.

I think that 'He will graciously give us all things' refers to everything that is in His Will for us to have, and especially all the things He has promised us in His Word. There would be material things and also abilities to do things, deeper faith and spiritual gifts.

Praise God!

Love from Greta ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32) What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Who might our enemies be? What is the evidence presented that God is for us? How does this statement make you feel? How does it affect hope? How does it allow you to act? What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to?

God is more powerful than anybody with him on our side no one can defeat use or bring us down, not even the devil.

The awesome fact that he loved us so much that he willing gave his only son so us how much he is for us.

It makes me feel loved, encouraged, that with God i can get through anything. It gives me great hope because i know the future is secure my eternal life is guaranteed.

He gives us all things out of love with no strings attached. We will share the Heavenly realm with his son.

• 2 weeks later...

If God is for us, who can be against us? If God is for us, we've already won. If God is for us, anyone against us has already lost.

Satan is our enemy and those who we let influence us in his ways.

We know God is for us because he gave His one and only son - I couldn't do that - if I couldn't do what Abraham did, how could I even come close to giving my son in the way that God did?

"If God is for us, who can be against us" gives us everlasting hope. It allows our faith to be strengthened in the hope of better things to come.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32) What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Who might our enemies be? What is the evidence presented that God is for us? How does this statement make you feel? How does it affect hope? How does it allow you to act? What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to?

Jesus gave Himself-the ultimate sacrifice-for our sins. Think about that! Do I know anyone who would die for me? No. But Jesus did. And because of His death, and my belief and acceptance of His death, no one or nothing can separate me from God's love! No matter what!

This death and love causes me to want to worship-really give my all to God. He already owns it all, but when I acknowledge the fact, then He can work in me, and that is what I want.

I think when we come to the full knowledge of what all this means to us and for us, we will realize that God is preparing an exrordinary place for us. He wants to give us everything, and I believe that He will in the New Heaven and New Earth. Oh, I know He gives us samples and snippets here and there-our pea brains couldn't handle the full context of all He wants to give us. But when we become like Jesus in our new homes, then we will have it all-really! We don't yet-but we will! And it will be-I don't have the word to describe it!

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32) What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

No enemy has the power that God does, and nothing can be successful that goes against the Will of God.

Who might our enemies be?

Satan and his army of fallen angels.

What is the evidence presented that God is for us?

He sent His only Son as a sacrifice to die on the cross for you and me.

How does this statement make you feel?

It

Nothing can come against us and win when we have all powerful God on our side. The devil is the enemy, along with all his tricks and schemes. We have courage because Jesus defeated the enemy at the cross. We have hope because of Jesus. We have to keep our minds fixed on him and what he means to us so that we will have life eternally with him.

• 4 weeks later...

If God is for us who can be against us. I think that means that if your in Jesus Satan can't get victory over you.

The evidence that God is for us in that He sent His son to die for our sins.

It makes me feel loved and worhtwhile.

It affects hope that a mighty God would do that for me.

I act like a victorious Christain

He graciously, through grace, Not that we deserve anything. Give us all things.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! This is one of my favorite scriptures! (it's really great) When you feel overwhelmed by circumstances, criticism, or loneliness, this scripture puts things in perspective for you. If you are reading, praying, seeking God's will for your life, nothing that people can do that is discouraging needs even to matter! You can have the confidence of smiling lovingly, knowing that He lives in you and will lead you on the path of righteousness, inspite of yourself.

• 4 months later...

God is for us as he did not spare his Son Jesus in order to secure eternal salvation for us. He has taken our side against the world, the flesh and the devil. No enemy has the power of God.

Romans 8:32 indicates He will graciously give us all things. "This is love: not that we love God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins".(1 John 4:10).

This makes me feel good and gives me hope...."And Hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." (5:5).

The statement allows me to act like a son of God. God has raised me up on this earth for his purpose and by his grace, to be a brother to Christ. Hopefully, one day all of us will share "the incomparable riches of his grace". :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Wow if God is for us then all who are against us have already failed. No one, angel or person can defeat God. They are power less against Him. Our enimies are those who are against God. God gave His only Son for us, in doing that what less would He not give to us. It humbles me for I am not worthy of His goodness, but it makes me feel truly loved. For His actions it gives great meaning to the word Hope. It helps me to act loving and caring, being more patient in all things and especially waiting upon His Word. We are so undeserving of His gifts, but still He gives them to us graciously, we do not earn any gifts but only thru His mercy can we get them. We all fall short of the Glory of Christ but His love is so great for us we cannot even comprehend it all. Praise be to Thee oh Christ. :rolleyes:

It is the most wonderfula assurance to know that Gos cannot lie. He tells us that He will go before us, taking care of us, helping us overcome. Enemies come in many shapes and forms, mostly from those who pretend to be our friends, our Lord suffered from those who pretended to be with Him. Most wounds are caused to us by those who are close.

In many cases it teaches one to be more alert, thankful for our walk in the Lord, we know we are in great company because we have a promise, from the Lord that He will never leave us or forsake us.

That makes me so very happy.

Thank you Lord for saving me

• 3 months later...

Rom 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Rom 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?

If the Lord God Almighty is with us...the all powerful...all knowing, eternal God... who would have the power to win against us. We are in the hands of God...there is nothing in heaven or on earth that can touch us. We have enemies both in the physical and spiritual world. There is people who can be against us...both as people or a nation or even according to our beliefs...there is nature which could at times be our enemy and there is satan and his demons who are our spiritual enemies and who want to bring every believer down. God gave to us the ultimate sacrifice, the life of His Son...to be sin for us so that we could have eternal life. I know that there is more to this life than what is happening now...I have hope of living a life without sorrow pain hurts and completely with the Lord...I have Hope. This all gives to me confusing feelings...I am overwhelmed with joy but at the same time am completely filled with sorrow that because of His love for me this had to happen. I do not feel worthy of the love that God has for me. This in turn affects how I act as I want my life to be pleasing to the Lord but also in turn continue at times to do the exact opposite and do what the Lord hates...God gives to us everything right down to each and every breath we take and imagine all that He has in store for us when we finally are with Him in Heaven...

Rom 8:31 In view of all this, what can we say? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Rom 8:32 Certainly not God, who did not even keep back his own Son, but offered him for us all! He gave us his Son---will he not also freely give us all things?

The singificance is that since no one is against us it means that God is so powerful no one can beat us. People who are not believers, they can drag us away from Him. The evidence is that Jesus was born and died for us. it makes me mad because we are not worthy to have him send his son down to die on the cross. It makes me :)! it makes me tell others about my faith.IT means god is happy to give us things

1. that Jesus was born.

2. Devils

3. jesus died for me.

4. sad or terrible

5. kinda happy

6. ok if I can behave

7. God gives us favors.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32) What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Nothing and no one, not even Satan, can stand against God. If God is on our side, nothing and no one can prevail against us.

Who might our enemies be? The World, Satan, our old selves. there are many, but God will defeat them all if we allow Him.

What is the evidence presented that God is for us? He was prepared to sacrifice His own son, to give Him up to pain, suffering and torture which He suffered because He is for us.

How does this statement make you feel? How does it affect hope?Amazed and humble. It fills me with hope for my future in God and confident that God will never let me down as one of His chosen sons.

How does it allow you to act? What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to? He has given us the ultimate gift of eternal salvation, not because we deserve it or as a result of anything we have done, but out of His own grace.

• 4 weeks later...

What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" This is such a powerful and comforting question! When God is for us, (and He is for everyone who calls Him Father and has surrendered his or her complete heart to Him) the enemy must cower and realize that no matter what he does, he is defeated. Sure, our physical body may suffer or even die, our lives may be in tatters, but our spirit and soul will not be conquored because we belong to God, who is the almighty, powerful one!

Who might our enemies be? We don't war with people; we war with evil spirits or demons. That is why it is possible to say we don't hate the person, we hate what they do. What they do is the sin coming from the satanic force.

What is the evidence that God is for us? God did not even spare His own Son for us. Instead, Jesus died willingly for us all. Therefore, we should see that God will give us everything we need as we need them. The fact that Jesus died for me so that I don't have to go to hell is totally amazing. Mere words are not enough to express my thankfulness. Salvation gives me hope that I will be with Jesus and experience the future glory.

How does it allow me to act? I have freedom in Jesus. My soul praises and worships Him! I live life confidently knowing that eventually one day I will live with Christ. Also, it gives me confidence to conduct my life now as a daughter of God. I am a child of the King. I have every spiritual tool at my disposal as long as I stay in harmony with Christ.

• 2 months later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=828

Rom 8:31 In view of all this, what can we say? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Rom 8:32 certainly not God, who did not even keep back his own Son, but offered him for us all! He gave us his Son---will he not also freely give us all things?

This has to be one of the most powerful statements in the bible. God is the mightiest of Gods; He is more powerful than anything or anybody. So whoever is against us has absolutely no chance of overcoming us. Man we serve a mighty God.

Our enemies would be Satan, non believers, in fact anyone who is an enemy of God.

God gave up His one and only Son for us, now that is love.

This blows my mind completely, I have a 4yr old son and I would have major issues in having to give him up for anybody.

This gives me so much hope, it gives me strength and reassurance that nothing is greater than God and that anything the enemy throws at me can be overcome by God.

God gives it freely.

• 3 weeks later...

Q3. (Romans 8:31-32) What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

The significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" is that if gives security for the Believer. God is is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient; He who is working everything out of our good gives us the confidence that we need fear nothing because the greater One is on our side.

The enemy of the Believer is evil.

The evidence presented that God is for us is that He did not spare His own Son, but He gave Him up for securing our salvation.

This statement give me an assurance that I need not fear losing salvation, God has procured it for me.

How does it affect hope?

My hope is a security of eternal life with God the Father, and Jesus Christ His Son.

How does it allow you to act?

I can live every day looking forward to the loving protection of Father toward me.

What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to?

"...graciously give us all things" refer to the abundant life here on earth and eternal life beyond.

• 2 weeks later...

Noone can achieve that God doesn't love us anymore.

Not Satan, not other persons who work for him, not some angel, ...

The best evidence is that Jesus died for us.

It doesn't give me just hope - it makes me sure He loves us.

ANS - We are absolutely secure in God's love

Who might our enemies be? ANS -satan himself

What is the evidence presented that God is for us? ANS - He sent His only son Jesus to die on the cross for us, to take all our punishment upon Himself, and to give us eternal life.

How does this statement make you feel? How does it affect hope? How does it allow you to act? What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to?

ANS - Thank you Lord! I will live for you Lord - as the old hymn goes - "take my life, and let it be, consecrated Lord to thee".

• 2 weeks later...

What is the significance of the statement: "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

It is the reality in the flesh of His grace toward us.....a loving Father who gave His beloved for us.

Our one true enemy is Satan....he wants us to always live in doubt. It is his nagging little thoughts that say...doubt...doubt...doubt.....but it is God's pure mercy love that has saved us.

God gave us eveidence that we did not deserve by sacrificing of His will...His Jesus to an awful death on the corss for us .

This makes me feel like one of the beloved of Christ....one of my Father's own. I did not deserve but I am grateful and want to serve Him.

How does it affect hope? How does it allow you to act?

It makes me always live in hope....to know that what is ahead of me in Christ is forever better than anything else. By this I want to be a reflection of Him in the ways I act. I want to be long suffering, full of mercy, faithfulness, I want to have the heart of a servant.

What might: "...graciously give us all things" refer to?

He graciously gave us Christ on the cross... we did not deserve it....but He gave for us....freely, with willingness.

• 2 weeks later...

3a)Bold statement emphasising the security we have as a believer.We may feel discouraged at times, but this verse reminds us that our salvation through the cross is solid & cannot be undone by us or even our enemy, God is all powerfull. :) b)Enemies are the sinful nature,influence of satan in the world but Jesus has the victory. C)Evidence that God is for us is in how he allowed his son to suffer cruel death to atone for our sins; freeing us from the power of sin in our lives & our deserved sentence of eternal death and showing us eternal blessings forever along with Christ. B) D)I feel humbled, grateful and encouraged. E)It strengthens my hope & trust in God. F)It allows me to act in freedom & power in him. G)God freely gave up his son out of his grace not that we deserved this. Now God freely gives us all good things according to his plan along with our brothers & sisters in Christ. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the significance is that God who is all powerful and almighty loves us extremely. He loves us so much that he did not spare His own son which just proves how much he loves us. Now who would dare to be against the people that God loves so much? Those who are against us are also against God and we all know that no one would stand a chance if they go against God.

Our enemies are the non-believers in Christ. Those who choose not to love him and to be called according to His purpose.

The statement makes me feel safe and it gives me the assurance that all will be well or better for the future. Whatever might happen to me in years to come does not matter. What is important is that God loves me and all things work for the better. We know that the end is coming and what we receive when the end is here will be far better than what we experienced in our past.