JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Assurance

John here gives us the assurance that Jesus is our Advocate before the Father in heaven to argue our case out of His infinite love and grace for our eternal destiny in heavenly glory; and our Lord Jesus not only has given Himself for all of our sins that all of them, past, present, and future sins are forgiven by His atoning sacrifice for them, but He also argues our case for the holy justice and the mercy of God the Father to be upon us; and He is totally successful in presenting His case in our behalf and so we who have truly believed in the Lord Jesus Christ have all of our sins forgiven by Him and we are saved by His Advocacy and His Atonement for us forever in heavenly glory. This we should be praising and thanking our Lord God for His mercy and loving-kindness forever and ever, and not choosing to sin against Him ever again! Amen!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What assurance does John gives us if we do sin?

John assures the sinner not to give up faith because of the sin , as the sin is already paid by the atoning sacrifice of Jesus christ for the same . The sin is already redeemed by the sacrifice .

How does this comfort us ?

The truth that we had been bought ,from the filthy sin of which we often feel guilty ,for a price , itself relieves us from the clutches of the sin and the Guilt that follows . We havw a spoke person Jesus to advocate our case , to argue for our justice ....

How does it make to avoid sins ?

The infinite love which is the price for which we are bought make us avoid further sins ....

Q4. (1 John 2:1-2) What assurance does John give us if we do sin? How does this comfort us? How does it make us want to avoid sin?

Not if, but when we sin and confess that sin, God is faithful to forgive that sin. Additionally, we have an advocate interceding on our behalf -- Jesus Christ -- before God. It is comforting to know that Jesus is with me, cares about me; and is willing to intercede on my behalf.

The fact that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to suffer and shed His blood for the atonement and forgiveness of my sin motivates me to want to clean my life up, honor Him, and follow Him. I want to make my life a living sacrifice for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

What assurance does John give us if we do sin? We have an advocate before God in Jesus Christ.

How does this comfort us? Jesus has already offered himself as the atoning sacrifice for all of our sins and as He is our advocate before God, we can be sure that our sins will be forgiven through His sacrifice and intercession on our behalf.

How does it make us want to avoid sin? Jesus has given me so much. He gave everything for me so I want to do everything possible to please Him and to walk in His light.

Our assurance given to us if we do sin, is that we have an advocate in Heaven, Jesus Christ, who pleads for us. Through His blood we are made righteous and Jesus, who was tempted and tried just as we are as He became man, justifies us to our Father.

I'm comforted to know that because Jesus knew what it was to be one of us, He has great understanding and empathy towards us and through Him, I can never be found guilty again!

Why don't I "want" to sin again? It grieves me deeply to know that I would and do,(even inadvertantly) betray one I love and who has loved me so well and who even died for me so I could live. No words express the gratitude there is for Him. My best, most dearest friend and love.

Q4. (1 John 2:1-2) What assurance does John give us if we do sin? How does this comfort us? How does it make us want to avoid sin?

What assurance does John give us if we do sin?

We have Jesus, who is our Advocate, our Spokesman, before the Father, who is also the only Righteous One who can atone for our sins

How does this comfort us?

Because of it, our sins are forgiven by God, and our relationship to God is restored.

How does it make us want to avoid sin?

Jesus so loves us that he sacrificed himself for our sins. Not stopping at it, he is always ready be our Advocate when we have done sin. So, because of his so great love to us, we must love him too, which we prove by not making him sad by our sin

That we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. It comforts us to know that He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, not only our sins, but the sins of the whole world.

John assures us we will be forgiven if we seek forgiveness from Christ for our sins. This comforts us because only Christ is without sin, and we are imperfect, ie likely to sin. We seek to become like Christ because He offers us Hope and Love. He believes in us, and offers us Mercy and Encouragement to not sin.

We are told that we have an advocate with the Father...that is one who will intercede on our behalf. It's like having an older brother who will step in and fight for us when we mess up and find ourselves having to face the consequences of what we have done or failed to do. Thus knowing that Jesus Christ is our mediator between us and His Father is such a comfort, especially knowing that we are weak in ourselves. Even though we may strive to live as Christlike as possible, our flesh is weak, and we are apt to still make mistakes. To know that Jesus is with us and is there to stand in the gap for us means everything to me.

Knowing how much Jesus loves us, willing to lay down His life for each one of us, and then is there to "stand in our place" before His Father is so awesome. It is truly precious to me, and it makes me want to draw even closer to Him, so that my life will reflect more of Him, thus enabling me to become what He has called me to be.

(1 John 2:1-2) What assurance does John give us if we do sin? How does this comfort us? How does it make us want to avoid sin?

Do not

give up faith because of the sin , as the sin is already paid by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the same . The sin is already redeemed by the sacrifice of confession.

If I walk in the light of Jesus, and my Mind is strong, the devil will not find a door to enter, Remember, the only way you sin,

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye may not sin. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1Jn 2:2 and he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the whole world.

John assures us that when we sin and we will, we have an advocate who is sitting at the right hand of the Lord who will stand in for us. Jesus is our lawyer standing in for us. I know that when I come to the Lord with confessions of my sins and truly bring them to the Lord it is not me that has to take them to the Lord but my Saviour does. For me I find that so very humbling that the Lord who spoke the universe into existence had to bear my sins but not only that has to take them to his Father for me. I know that with each sin I drive a nail into His hands and I just pray that I could live a life obedient to my God.

Q4 There is hope cause Jesus Christ the Righteous One will speaks to the Father in our defense. We have the person of Jesus who sits at the right hand of God interceding for us. He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him.

When we know we have someone to intercede or speaks on our behalf, we feel secure, we know we are not alone and help is there reaching out to us. There is love and concern that's why Jesus is there as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Out of His love for us, Jesus has paid a price by dying on the cross in atonement for the sins of the whole world.

He assures us that we have a truly righteous advocater, the Lord Jesus Christ who will plead our case for us, as He went to the Cross and died for our sins, not His as He has none. This is comforting to know that He is right there for us, but we should not take that for granted. As we walk the walk we strive to be more like Christ, thus aiming not to sin, more like aiming to please the Lord, to be obedient to Him. :rolleyes:

John assures that if we sin, we have our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, our advocate, who lovingly pleads on behalf to the Father, reminding Him that He (Jesus) has already paid for the penalty for our sin. Such amazing grace!!

This gives hope for restoration of relationship with our Father. What comfort! Without this provision, hardly would one soul see God. Praise God.

This should howver not be a lisence for us to perpetually live in sin.

When we sin, Jesus, our advocate, intervenes on our behalf because He has already paid the price for that sin. There is NO greater comfort! Our desire to draw closer to Jesus should cause us to strive daily to consciously decide not to choose sin.

What assurance does John give us if we do sin? How does this comfort us?

If I believe with the work of Jesus in the Cross and now in the side of Father God, I assure that Jesus will stand in our side when I confess sin.

How does it make us want to avoid sin? How come I do sin again if He being in my side and lead me in sanctification process? I will hate sin and love Him instead.

Q4. (1 John 2:1-2)

What assurance does John give us if we do sin?

How does this comfort us?

How does it make us want to avoid sin?

God is perfect and His standard for His people is therefore absolute perfection. Therefore He cannot condone sin in any form. However, we have a gracious God, a Heavenly Father who has made provision for us in the event of failure. He remembers that we are vulnerable and do slip up from time to time. So He has graciously made provision for us in the event of this failure. We have our Lord Jesus Christ who speaks to our Heavenly Father in our defence. We can take comfort in the fact that God is still our Father even if we sin. Our sin will break our fellowship with God but not our relationship with Him. When we became Christians, we were born again, and we became children of God, and nothing can ever affect that relationship. A birth is something that cannot be undone. We may disgrace our Father, but we are still His children by the fact of birth. The fact that Jesus died for my sins and the sins of the whole world makes me want to avoid sin. I am forever indebted to Jesus; by dying for me, He freed me from the guilt of my sins and restored me to God by removing every barrier to fellowship. God can show mercy to me because Christ has satisfied the claims of justice.

The assurance that John gives us if we do sin is that Jesus will intecede on our behalf to the Father.

Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice by dying for ours sins and he turns around and becones an atoning sacrifice for us. I dont know no one else in this world that would do that. The love He has for us is AGAPE!!!!!! abundance. I love Him more than anything and will personally work harder to avoid sin.

Patricia

The assurance John gives us when we do sin is that we have Jesus interceding in our defense before the Father's throne. Jesus is in heaven,acting as our Defense Attorney.

This comforts us because eventho Satan is in heaven,constantly pointing out our sins to God,we can be confident that Christ will speak up in our behalf. He will bring up that the sins were already paid for when we accepted Him as our Savior.

It makes us want to avoid sin because we will want to please God and have a more intimate relationship with Jesus. :)

John gives us assurance that when we sin feel ,we should not give up hope

If (when) I sin, scripture says that I have an Advocate, Jesus Christ who intercedes for me...as He is the propitiation (atoning sacrifice) for my sin(s). This is comforting in that other than for Jesus Christ, I would be punished for my sin and separated from God. But that is not God's great plan...His mercy and grace abound. The wonderful sacrifice that Jesus made for me on the Cross makes me want to not-sin. I want to be in close fellowship with the Father. I do not want to grieve the HS.