JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Repentance and Christ's Reign

Q4. Why is repentance so central to the Kingdom of God? Why is baptism important to converts to the King? Can Christ reign in an unrepentant heart?

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=996

We have to repent, to get rid of all the old sin and the daily sins, it is imperative to repent and seek forgiveness daily from God. Baptism is important because it is a cleansing process, both physically and spiritually, we come before God with a clean and repentant heart.

No He cannot, we cannot serve 2 masters.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. Why is repentance so central to the Kingdom of God?

Repentence allows you to focus all your attention on God and His work.

Why is baptism important to converts to the King?

Through baptism, a person receives remission of sins, is regenerated or given a new nature and an awakened or strengthened faith.

Can Christ reign in an unrepentant heart?

No, because we can not serve two gods. Where sin is allowed to dwell, God is not allow to reign.

Q4. Why is repentance so central to the Kingdom of God? Why is baptism important to converts to the King? Can Christ reign in an unrepentant heart?

a) Repentance brings you/us back into relationship with God.

B) Baptism by water is an outward confession of what a convert believes.

c) Christ cannot reign in an unrepentant heart as sin separates us from God, and an unyielded heart is one choosing to still be in control of his own life.

Repentance is so central to the Kinngdon because God the Father, Son and the Holy Sprity seated on the throne of the kingdom are holy. Therfore, without holiness no one will be part of the kingondom.

Baptism by immersion is important as it is the outward symbol that we are born again. It is also a compliance with the great commission given by the Lord Jesus Christ for a every convert. In addition, we need to be immersed in and with the Holy Spirit and power to have the power required to live a holy life.

You cannot be part of the Kingdom of God without repentence. Our natural inclination is toward sin -- we are literally born in sin. We must repent and seek the Lordship of God to be part of the Kingdon.

Baptism is important as an outward sign. It is important because the Bible teaches that it should be done. I have known many wonderful Christians we were never baptized. They were outstanding Christians, but eventually came to terms with the fact that if the Bible teaches that it should be done, they should do it.

Christ cannot reign in an unrepentant heart.

Q4. Why is repentance so central to the Kingdom of God? Because without the spirit, we can not see the kingdom of God nor can we be raised from the dead with out the Holy Spirit of God and we can not have the Holy Spirit of God if we do not repent and turn away from sin. Sin is not a part of the kingdom, nor can or will it ever be.

Why is baptism important to converts to the King? So that through His Spirit that lives inside of us, His kingdom can be built. It isn

Because repentance means to "turn from" and "turn to"....My life for His...I can't have both...I wish I was not so dull...and my outside would match my inside more quickly....it is like my heart lets go of it's desires in stages....

Baptism is important as it is an outward expression or declaration of an inward transformation. I choose to follow you Jesus. I did experience a "feeling of birth" when I was baptized two years ago..at the age of 44...having been saved when I was 40. I was "born again" on my birthday.

God is holy and pure. We are sinful. Our sins separate us from God. Although Jesus paid in full the price for our sins, his message to everyone is "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near". He will come back to judge! In order to turn to Jesus, we must turn away from our sins. It is a conscious effort on our part. Repentance sets us free from all that binds us - guilt, condemnation, shame, etc. If we choose not to repent, Jesus cannot reign in us. An unrepentant heart is hardened and disobedient. It disconnects us from Jesus.

Baptism is a symbolic representation that we have died to our old sinful way of living and the new life we now embrace, we live in Jesus. It is an act of obedience.

Q4. Why is repentance so central to the Kingdom of God?

Why is baptism important to converts to the King?

Can Christ reign in an unrepentant heart?

Repentance is a spiritual turn, a turning away from sin to Christ. Sin separates us from God and it is not enough to have sorrow for our actions, or even deep remorse over our actions, we have to forsake all our sins against God, only then can we enter into His Kingdom. We have to be baptized or filled with the Holy Spirit to help us live a sinless life. We cannot do it on our own. Even with the Holy Spirit we will stumble but straight away we ask for forgiveness and our relationship with Jesus will be restored. It will be a continuous struggle against sin but we are not on our own. We will only reach perfection when we go to be with our Lord.

Repentance is central to Christianity--Christ died for our sins--if we cannot turn from those sins to Christ, you cannot be a true Christian. Yes, there is a life-style difference.

Baptism is important--not only identifying with Jesus' death, burial & resurrection, in new life, but it is also a public witness to others.

No, Christ cannot reign in an unrepentant heart--"Self" is on the throne.

First, we must recognize our transgressions. God reveals them to us if we ask -- some sins are obvious and others take more searching. Each layer revealed and repented lets God further into our hearts. If we do not repent, then no change can take place and God cannot dwell within us. As Dietrich Bohnhoeffer pointed out, although grace is freely given from God, it is not "cheap." Following Jesus is not easy, it requires that we repent our former sinful ways and emulate Christ. We are human and will continue to fall down -- just like the apostles and John the Baptist. We follow, repent, sacrifice worldly things and follow Jesus. Baptism with water is a ritual cleansing that celebrates our entry into a new life as a Christian. Christ cannot reign fully in an unrepentant heart but over time he certainly can show us our sins and what separates us from him. If we continue to seek his guidance, to repent and amend our behavior we will grow in his spirit.

Repentance marks a turning point. It's a conscious decision to stop going one way and start going another. Submission to God and life in His Kingdom necessitates a rejection of the world's kingdom. We are "in the world" but not to be "of the world" according to Jesus' prayer in John 17. Baptism is our identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Our sins are washed away in the blood of Christ and we are raised to a new life "in Christ."

Without repentance God can't come in and work through us. Jesus can bring a repentant heart to faith for he did me.

4a)Repentance is central to the kingdom of God because without this turning away from sins we are still living in unrepentant sin, which is an insult to God. :blink: b)It

Realizing we are sinners and confessing and asking Christ to forgive us is the first step into the kingdom. Baptism is symbolic to our old self dying and rising a new creature. No Christ can not reign in an unrepentent heart being that that is the first step into as becoming saved

Repentance is central to the Kingdom of God because it declares that you have chosen to give up your ungodly ways and follow the righteous path of Jesus Christ. And the only way you can do this is to admit to your wrong doing and ask for forgiveness. Baptism is important because it is symbolic for the removal, purification and renewal of the new man. Christ cannot reign in an unrepentant heart only satan can.[/color]

The Kingdom of God is in part God's reign in our lives. If we are not truly turning away from our own sinful desires, then God cannot reign in our lives. We remain in control and our own Kings and Queens. Without repentance, we do not recognize God as King, but actually continue to serve satan. In other words, Christ can not reign in an unrepentant heart...as reign requires submission. If we are not repentant (changing our minds from our own ways to God's ways) then we are not submitting to the will of God in our lives and wanting to do what pleases Him rather than our own flesh. It is hard!! Christianity is not an easy thing. But thanks to God that we can pray for help and he will give us grace. Still, yes we have to change our minds. As Ephesians 6 spells out, our minds are battlegrounds. We must change our minds!!

Baptism is a symbol of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, how we are to live our lives immersed in the power of the Holy Spirit. It is a public acknowledgement of our repentance and the grace and power we have received and will continue to receive from God.

• 2 weeks later...

Repentance is central to the Kingdom of God because unless one repents of their sins and accepts Christ as their Savior,they will not be allowed to enter God's kingdom.

Baptism is important to converts of the King because by being water baptized,we are publically acknowledging our commitment to Christ.

Christ won't reign in a repentant heart. He refuses to share the throne of our heart with unrepentant sin.

THERE IS NO SIN IN HEAVEN AND THE WAY TO GET THERE IS REPENTANCE. IT IS SO SIMPLE TO ENTER IN. REPENT ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST

AND HEAVEN IS YOUR HOME

BAPTISM IS A WAY OF PUBLICLY SHOWING YOU HAVE ACCEPTED OUR SAVIOUR. REPENT ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST BE BAPTIST AND FIND A CHURCH

THAT TEACHES JESUS CHRIST.

IF WE COULD JUST GET EVERYONE TO SEE THAT THERE IS NO SIN IN HEAVEN.WE CAN NOT LIVE WITH CHRIST WITH UNREPENTED SIN .

THERE IS NO SIN IN HEAVEN AND THE WAY TO GET THERE IS REPENTANCE. IT IS SO SIMPLE TO ENTER IN. REPENT ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST

AND HEAVEN IS YOUR HOME

BAPTISM IS A WAY OF PUBLICLY SHOWING YOU HAVE ACCEPTED OUR SAVIOUR. REPENT ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST BE BAPTIST AND FIND A CHURCH

THAT TEACHES JESUS CHRIST.

IF WE COULD JUST GET EVERYONE TO SEE THAT THERE IS NO SIN IN HEAVEN.WE CAN NOT LIVE WITH CHRIST WITH UNREPENTED SIN .

unrepentant heart

Q4. Why is repentance so central to the Kingdom of God? Why is baptism important to converts to the King? Can Christ reign in an ?

When we are mired in our 'stuff' we cannot see/feel the presence of the spirit. Repent means change so we must clear out the distractions and 'change' our ways so as to see that Jesus is there!

Q4. Why is repentance so central to the Kingdom of God? We have to repent before we can become a new creature in Christ Jesus. If we do not repent nothing has changed.

Why is baptism important to converts to the King? It shows newness of life to the King of Kings, ourselves and our brothers and sister in Christ Jesus.

Can Christ reign in an unrepentant heart? No

THERE IS NO SIN IN HEAVEN. REPENTANCE IS THE CENTRAL PART OF OUR DAILY LIVES. WE SIN DAILY SO WE MUST REPENT DAILY. I REPENT BEFORE I PRAY SO I CAN COME TO HIS HOLY THRONE WITH A CLEAN HEART. THIS BRINGS TO MIND REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.

BAPTISM TO ME IS SHOWING THAT WE HAVE BECOME A NEW CREATURE IN JESUS CHRIST.IT SHOWS OUR OBEDIANCE IN CHRIST JESUS.

CHRIST CANNOT REIGN IN AN UNREPENTED HEART. IF WE DON'T REPENT WE OUR LIVING WITH SIN IN OUR HEART.THIS GOES RIGHT BACK TO NO SIN IN HEAVEN

Repentance involves turning from sin and a turning to Jesus Christ. Jesus said unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. For the believer, the failure to repent of sin while appearing to serve and follow Christ is an "affront to His Kingship over us".

Baptism is important to converts in that it shows a willingness on their part to follow Jesus (Rom 6:3-9). It is essentially the first opportunity a new believer has to obey Him; to identify with Him. It gives the new believer insight into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

Christ can not and will not reign in an unclean (unrepentant) heart. Psalm 66:18 says, "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me" Also Isa 1:15; Jer 11:14; Prov 1:28; Jn 9:31).

Repentance is an act of allegiance. When we repent, we turn away from the realm of darkness into the Kingdom of Light. Christ Himself plainly stated that there can be no double allegiance. Mt.6:24