New / Special
Way of the Cross
St. Patrick's Day
New Year's Day
Steps to Peace with God
Year of St. Paul
Dr. Wilson's Books
by Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
http://www.joyfulheart.com Tuesday, March 31, 2015
You'll find a treasure trove here of hundreds of stories, articles and Bible studies. Why don't you sample it right now with a brief inspirational piece, a touch of humor, and the story behind America's favorite hymn. Feel free to use the articles you find here in your bulletins, newsletters, and sermons -- so long as you don't post them on a website.
You'll find lots of Easter and Lenten materials here for use in programs, newsletters, and services. This year Lent begins February 18, Palm Sunday is March 29, and Easter is April 5.
Many churches and disciplers are using JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey, discipleship and spiritual formation curriculum, specifically designed for new believers.
Part of our ministry is pioneering the JesusWalk® Internet Bible Study Series. Why don't you sign up for one of our free online Bible studies, but only sign up for one at a time -- they're pretty intensive! Or you can purchase one of our Bible study books or e-books.
Our newest free e-mail Bible study is on John's Gospel. You can begin this series at any time.
Another feature of this site is links to some of the world's great Christian paintings.
In September 2014 I was the main speaker at the African Renewal Pastors and Leader's Conference in Eldoret, Kenya. You can view a series of videos of my teaching on giving and tithing in Swahili and English, as well as other teaching missions in Kenya.
These are just a few of the articles on this site:
- "Half-Healing at the Pool of Bethesda," The Joyful Heart, July 12, 2014. A short story of the account of the invalid healed at the Pool of Bethesda. Audio (9 min)
- What's in Your Hand? The gifts, skills, opportunities, relationships, and resources that God has put in your hands is a clue to what He wants you to do for Him.
- "Massive Growth of Christianity Reported in India," Update by Pastor Ralph, June 6, 2012.
- It's Not Your Fight Any More - The David and Goliath Story, The Assayer, May 5, 2012. A short story account of David's defeat of Goliath, with application for our lives -- trusting in the Lord and not ourselves!
- No Bible, No Breakfast, by Dr. Leland Wang (Wang Zai). Reprint of a powerful story of a Chinese leader's personal struggle to read the Bible daily.
- "Church Is a Team Sport," The Assayer, March 1, 2012. Contends that church members need to work together as a team, each according to their own assignment, if we're serious about advancing the Kingdom in our communities.
- Coming to Grips with Gossip and Slander (revised), also available in a 4-page folder
- Just What Is the Gospel? A simple answer to a profound question.
- How to Improve Your Personal Bible Study with Bible Study Tool Recommendations
- Essay: Spirit Baptism, the New Birth, and Speaking in Tongues
- A Tiny Portion from the Feast: A Communion Meditation, considering the Lord's Supper as a portion from the Feast at Jesus' Last Supper as well as a portion of the Feast in the Kingdom at Jesus' Return.
- Four Reasons Why I Believe in the Trinity, A careful reading of the New Testament requires a Trinitarian understanding of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Now in booklet form for reprinting.
- Scared to Death of Smiling, On loneliness, fear, and smiling.
- Will You Lead Us In Prayer? How to minister as you pray in public.
- Lord, You Can Use My Boat, A short story of the call of Peter dealing with the stewardship of all we possess.
You can also browse using the categories at the left or by putting keywords into the site search feature at the top left of this page.
Now, sit back and get ready to enjoy a labor of love.
Why don't you check out some of these categories:
- Stories about Jesus -- how he treated people and what he taught
- Christian Maturity -- growth steps
- Encouragement for you--everyone needs an uplifting word
- Pointing people a step closer to Jesus Evangelistic articles.
- Building a stronger congregation for Jesus. Articles for church leaders and workers.
- The Lord's Supper. Meditations on Jesus' Last Supper, communion, the Eucharist.
- Church Planting -- tips and perspectives
- My Scholarly Side -- Beware! These are heavily footnoted
- Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, St. Patrick's Day, and St. Valentine's Day -- winsome stories and articles
- Bible Study online. Questions and expositions are available.
- About the Author
Copyright © 1985-2014, Ralph F. Wilson. <pastorjoyfulheart.com> All rights reserved. A single copy of this article is free. Do not put this on a website. See legal, copyright, and reprint information.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
Other Bible Study Books
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ