New / Special
Way of the Cross
St. Patrick's Day
New Year's Day
Steps to Peace with God
Year of St. Paul
Dr. Wilson's Books
You'll find a treasure trove here of hundreds of stories, articles and Bible studies. Why don't you sample it right now with a brief inspirational piece, a touch of humor, and the story behind America's favorite hymn. Feel free to use the articles you find here in your bulletins, newsletters, and sermons -- so long as you don't post them on a website.
Many churches and disciplers are using JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey, discipleship and spiritual formation curriculum, specifically designed for new believers.
Part of our ministry is pioneering the JesusWalk® Internet Bible Study Series. Why don't you sign up for one of our free online Bible studies, but only sign up for one at a time -- they're pretty intensive! Or you can purchase one of our Bible study books or e-books. There are over 40 free e-mail studies here.
Our newest e-mail Bible study is Songs of Ascent (Psalms 120-134), 15 daily meditations. Sign up today. It's free of charge.
These are some of the more recent articles on this site:
- The Most Hated Man in Capernaum. A short short taken from the Gospel account of the calling of Levi (Matthew) the tax collector, and Jesus' saying, that a doctor comes to heal the sick, not seek out the healthy.
- "Learn from Me," Joyful Heart, 6 May 2020. Reflections on Jesus' invitation to take his yoke upon you and learn from him, for his yoke is easy and his burden is light.
- "Michael Archangel, Reporting," Joyful Heart, April 8, 2020. A monologue by the Archangel Michael, reporting on the events of Holy Week from the perspective of the Head of Security for the Kingdom.
- Seeking God Diligently (Isaiah 55:6-9). Isaiah suggests that seeking God requires an active desire to connect with God, that we can't assume that we can 'find' God whenever we're ready. Seeking God must include repentance.
- The Paradox of Voluntary Slavery. Thoughts on 'selling oneself to do evil,' and the Kinsman-Redeemer Jesus who buys back the slaves and sets them free.
- Regaining Your First Love (Revelation 2:4). Joyful Heart, 3 April 2020. Thoughts on personal renewal from Jesus' Letter to the Church at Ephesus.
- O, Come, Let Us Adore Him, a Christmas Meditation on the carol, "O, Come All Ye Faithful" (Adeste Fideles), with themes of praise, incarnation, and realization that the Baby in the manger is God himself in human flesh.
- A New Year's Paradigm Shift -- Soaring not Struggling (Isaiah 40:28-31). Compares physical strength with the spiritual strength God gives us when we rely on him. The Joyful Heart, December 31, 2019.*
Become a Growing Disciple! Learn to Feed Yourself. Too Christians many are dependent upon sermons or devotional guides. Encourages believers to learn to feed themselves through daily Scripture reading and reflection. The Joyful Heart, 15 January 2019.*
The Cosmic Significance of the Cross, Considers what happened in heavenly places when Christ died on the cross, destroying Satan's work and disarming principalities and powers. Joyful Heart, March 25, 2019.*
Let Us Lift Up Our Hearts with our Hands, an exposition of Lamentations 3:40-41, a call for self-examination and fearless moral inventory, followed by repentance and faith. The Joyful Heart, September 24, 2019.*
- The Steadfast Love of the Lord, an exposition of Lamentations 3:22-23, God's mercies that never fail, that are new every morning, 'Great Is Thy Faithfulness.' The Joyful Heart, September 24, 2019.*
- Seek His Face Continually (Psalm 105:4). An exposition of David's Psalm 105:4, about seeking God with all one's heart -- always and continually. The Joyful Heart, August 19, 2019.*
The Lord Needs It. Musings on the donkey that Jesus chose to ride into Jerusalem on Paul Sunday. The Joyful Heart, April 14, 2019.*
- Where Are You, Adam? We can have a devotional time as a duty. But at its best it is like walking with God in the cool of the day. Fellowship, enjoying each other's company. The Joyful Heart, March 4, 2019.*
- Everlasting Arms. An exposition of the passage, "and underneath are the everlasting arms" (Deuteronomy 33:27) which refers to God's strength and willingness to do battle on our behalf. The Joyful Heart, September 15, 2019.*
- Gym Training for Spiritual Fitness (1 Timothy 4:7-8). Compares regular training in a gym to spiritual exercises in one's devotional life, leading to spiritual fitness and spiritual growth. The Joyful Heart, June 25, 2019.*
- God's Irrepressible Glory, reflections on Isaiah 6:3, "the whole earth is full of His glory." The Joyful Heart, June 25, 2019.*
- The Bold Intimacy of Gethsemane, Meditation on why Jesus was so deeply troubled at Gethsemane, and what the cross cost Jesus and the Father. The Joyful Heart, March 19, 2016.*
- Four Reasons Why I Believe in the Trinity, A careful reading of the New Testament requires a Trinitarian understanding of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Now in booklet form for reprinting.
You can also browse using the categories at the left or by putting keywords into the site search feature at the top left of this page.
Now, sit back and get ready to enjoy a labor of love.
Why don't you check out some of these categories:
- Stories about Jesus -- how he treated people and what he taught
- Christian Maturity -- growth steps
- Encouragement for you--everyone needs an uplifting word
- Pointing people a step closer to Jesus Evangelistic articles.
- Building a stronger congregation for Jesus. Articles for church leaders and workers.
- The Lord's Supper. Meditations on Jesus' Last Supper, communion, the Eucharist.
- Church Planting -- tips and perspectives
- My Scholarly Side -- Beware! These are heavily footnoted
- Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, St. Patrick's Day, and St. Valentine's Day -- winsome stories and articles
- Great Christian paintings
- About the Author
- Bible Study online. Questions and expositions are available.
In-depth Bible study books
You can purchase one of Dr. Wilson's complete Bible studies in PDF, Kindle, or paperback format.
- Conquering Lamb of Revelation
- 1, 2, and 3 John
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter & Jude
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- 1 & 2 Timothy
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- Apostle Paul
- Abraham, Faith of
- Christ Powered Life (Romans 5-8)
- Christmas Incarnation
- Colossians and Philemon
- David, Life of
- Glorious Kingdom, The
- Great Prayers of the Bible
- Holy Spirit, Disciple's Guide
- Jacob, Life of
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- JesusWalk: Beginning the Journey
- John's Gospel
- Lamb of God
- Listening for God's Voice
- Lord's Supper
- Luke's Gospel
- Moses the Reluctant Leader
- Names and Titles of God
- Names and Titles of Jesus
- Rebuild & Renew: Post-Exilic Books
- Resurrection and Easter Faith
- Sermon on the Mount
- Seven Last Words of Christ