JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Lawlessness

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1 John 3:4) How does lawlessness show up in a person's attitude and actions?

By their guilt, their shame, maybe their remorse or their lack of all such things. Some folks have been so completely hardened that they show nothing for their actions until they are held up to the light. I will give you a scenario.

Three years ago, my husband and a friend of his sister

What is in the heart will always end up being demonstrated/revealed by a person's behavior. When the heart holds law in disregard or disdain as a matter of habit, this is lawlessness, whether in the natural or spiritual realm. A person who rebels against the parameters of acceptable moral and civil behavior will act outside those boundaries, to the detriment of self and others.

When a person rebels against decrees/ordinances of God (His parameters of holiness) this is the root of all sin. This rejection of His law from the heart is lawlessness against God Himself, in inexcusable offense against Him and ultimately to the detriment of self and others.

Lawlessness shows up in a person's life by the decisions he makes--all against the moral laws of God--or passivity about infractions. He is often self-centered and gives the aura of being self-sufficient--not needing a higher power.

That lawlessness shows up in our lives when we rebell against God and wish to have things "our way." It turns to sin because we are trying to fulfil either the **** of the flesh, **** of the eyes or the pride of life.

Lawlessness shows up in our attitudes to our fellowman, Not caring about others, going ones way without thought for those we may hurt or offend.

Not caring what we do.so that it is easy to sin, without feeling guilty in any way. Turning away from God.Living our lives just for ourselves without thought for anyone else..

Lawlessness shows up in our actions and lack of right and wrong....disregarding what God has told us how we need to live....Loving the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul and loving your neighbor as yourself.

As we live out side of these laws we are living for self no one able to tell you what to do ie God. Certainly not a way of life that has or is preparing for His return

Q3. (1 John 3:4) How does lawlessness show up in a person's attitude and actions? In what sense is an attitude of lawlessness the cause of sin in our lives?

wink.gifIt is so important to turn our self-will over to God's will. God's authority must indicate what is right and wrong and serve as the guide by which we live. Our attitude of doing as we desire must be put aside so that God's will is our guide.

Whenever we let our will be more important than God's will, we will be prone to sin.

Q3. (1 John 3:4) How does lawlessness show up in a person's attitude and actions? In what sense is an attitude of lawlessness the cause of sin in our lives?

Lawlessness is being to much of the world as we associate with people involved in sin it is easy to be drawn into it ourselves. As the lawlessness takes hold then we sin and fall short of God's Glory it begins to grow in our mind and soon turns to anger and hate the opposiate of what Jesus wants from us.

Lawlessness is displayed as sin pure and simple. The person with the I can do it attitude is one who refuses help from our Lord and isn't a part of God.

I believe that the law has been written on our hearts, and the Holy Spirit leads us into all truth, so when we travel down the path of lawlessness we as Christians will be convicted of sin. When we try to discern what is sinful or not through our own efforts it is then that we fall into the devil's trap of trying to justify our sins.

It is like the old story, when taking a piece of paper or a pen from your workplace, is seen as a privilege rather than theft, so which is it? If the answer is not clear then we should earnestly be praying for the Spirit to convict us of what truth is, and to make us aware of the subtle devious ways of the enemy.

In order to grow and mature in our walk with the Lord we need to earnestly seek His will for our lives, and by His Spirit through His word we will be molded into His likeness. All praise be to Him who is able to keep us from all unrighteousness. Amen.

Some people have said that they will do what they want, and then repent later. Others have said that they will be in good company when they go to hell. They flaunt their unbelief at God and others, and they think that's cool. I have been guilty of this in the past. No fear. When we have no fear, then we don't feel guilty about the nasty things that we do. We think we have a life-time to "get right with God". How sad! Only when I started studying the word of God, and learned the truth, was I set free to desire the right kind of living, and desire to be with the Lord when I pass from this life. My family says I'm brain-washed, but I know that I'm heart-washed! Gloray!

How does lawlessness show up in a person's attitude and actions?

lawlessness shows up as sin

In what sense is an attitude of lawlessness the cause of sin in our lives?

The law limits sin, with lawlessness there is no control.

With an attitude of lawlessness we ignore the difference between right and wrong.

Those who do not make a pracitce of sinning b/c God's life is in them is in God's family . Those who do not live rightously and who do not love other believers does not belong to God. Lawlessness shows up in actions and lack of love for our brothers....we must love one another.

Q3. (1 John 3:4)

We see lawlessness in a person when he disobeys God, wanting only their own way, and refusing to acknowledge our Lord as rightful Sovereign. They place their own will above the will of God, resulting in lawlessness, which results in sin because it is a deliberate rejection of God's standards. We desire our own will in defiance of God; a wilful act against God. Lawlessness pays no attention to God

It shows up in an uneasy way, sin is not pleasant no matter what the veneer we place on it. When I walked in the world and outside Christ, lawlessness formed part of who I was, it acted as a protection and fitted quite well into my life at that time. But it was not a happy time.

When Jesus came into my life and forgive me my sins when I was baptized I buried the old man and his ways the LOrd has shown me the beauty of His Light and what it means to walk with Him.

Q3. (1 John 3:4) How does lawlessness show up in a person's attitude and actions?

It shows up as rebellion, arrogance, disregard for the laws of the land, determination to do, say or get what is desired regardless of the cost or consequences, defiance of authority, willfulness, control, manipulation, stubbornness, lack of love, impatience, ego.

This attitude of lawlessness results in our disregard for and violation of God's law. It's when my will crosses the will of God, and I fail to nail my will to the cross.

Q3.(1 John 3:4)

A: What is lawlessness? It is the state at which there is no law, or people / things are not regulated by the law, or are not obeying the law.

Lawlessness shows up by disorder and complete arrogance. People display an unreasonable attitude of superiority in overbearing manner.

We have seen, to be lawless is to be unlawful. If we do not follow any governing law (and this world is ruled by the Law of God) then we follow our own will

If one has no respect or fear of the law, then their attitude is that they believe they are above the law. With that attitude their actions speak for themselves.For one to live without the law, "THE ROYAL LAW" one is living without love, and to live with no love their heart would be cold, they would be open to all earthly desires which we know come from satan thus living in sin. Matthew 22 vs 37-40 tells us " You must love your God with all your heart all your soul and all your mind," this is the first and greatest commandment, and the second is like unto it,"Love your neighbor as yourself" on these two hang all the law and prophets. Without LOVE one will have lawlessness. B)

A person who continue to commit the same sin over and over after confessing the same sin is commiting a lawlessness.

This person is in opposition to God, it could be anybody in any type of faith.

A tree is know by the fruit it bears. If it is an apple tree it should bring forth apples. If it bring forth any other fruit then something is wrong. So it is with believers. We should be showing fruits of the spirit. We are children of God.

We know that sin is of Satan. With this attitude of lawlessness, sin is going to follow.

We want to live a life to show we are a part of God's family through Jesus Christ.

How does lawlessness show up in a person's attitude and actions? When a person chooses to live a life that is contrary to God

The law deals mostly about how we treat other people. If you cause damage to someone's property repair it or replace it. Cause injury to a person offer yourself as a servant till that person gets better. And if you see someone in need of anything if you do not offer aid that is like doing wrong. This is a sad sad generation we live in today, as Jesus says, "It is a wicked and adulteress generation which looks for signs and wonders." That is the generation we are in now. We ignore the law and look for miracles. We ignore charity and seek signs. We take grace for granted, claiming we love Jesus, and ignore what he says, "This is how I know you love me; follow my commands." And one half of what he commanded is to love one another. How hard is that to understand?

Only in a wicked generation would tolerate what happened last week-end in California. A teen aged girl was beaten and raped many times while dozens of people looked on. Uncaring is like a cancer. It starts out slow and by the time it is full blown it is too late. The cancer is eating at the American population now and too many people not only don't care about their neighbors they don't even care to know them. Kids going to school with guns and shooting up the place and we say it is the governments fault for taking prayer out of the school. In truth we have taken God's law out of our actions. These kids can see the hypocritical actions of their parents and are at a loss; not knowing what to believe.

How many people want revival? If you asked that question in church there would be lots of hands raised. The hands go down if you ask how many want the revival to begin with them.

Darrell