JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Secure by Faith

God elects, justifies and keeps us as his. 1Pe 1:5  Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Joh 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 

Our responsibility is to obey God in faith ever grateful for his wonderful mercy that "saved a wretch like me", keeping the faith during trials 1Pe 1:7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:  

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Incomplete answer....tried to delete....see below for complete answer.)

(1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

God will help us remain true to our faith in whatever difficult times we must face.  We must have faith.   

On 1/23/2004 at 2:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

According to 1 Peter 1:5 God's part in  securing our salvation we were shielded by God's power until Jesus Christ is revealed while our part in the salvation base  only in our faith in Jesus Christ.

God is our shield. When we sin, who do we sin against? God. Who forgives? God. Who pays? God! Jesus paid it all. How does He do that? Simple. More than 2000 years ago, on a hill outside the city of Jerusalem, He bore our sins in His body and died on a cross (1 Pet. 2:24).  He took our punishment: "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5 (NIV) God is just. God is merciful. God is gracious. In the justice of God, He took our place.  In the mercy of God, we do not get punished.  In the grace of God, He gives us eternal life.

Even though we are unworthy of salvation, even though we are unworthy of God's love, even though we are unworthy of mercy, even though we are worthy of wrath, God saved us.  He did so not because of who we are, but because of who He is, not because of what we do, but because of what He did.  God is love (1 John 4:16). God is holy (1 Peter 1:16). God is good (Psalm 34:8).  We could never fathom the depths of His purity and kindness (Rom. 11:33).  We could never, through our own efforts, grasp Him. There is only one thing left for us. We must worship Him, fear Him, love Him, and serve Him (Deuteronomy 10:12). We must have faith in Him. He alone is worthy. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

On 1/22/2004 at 6:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation?

1. My Father chose and called me before the foundation of the world was formed and gave me to Jesus as His love gift. The Holy Spirit chased me down, softened my heart, sent someone to tell me the Good News of the Gospel, then Holy Spirit introduced me to Jesus, who forgave me, redeemed me, took up residence in me, then gave me back to His Father as His love gift.( John 6:65 "No one comes to Jesus unless enabled to do so by the Father")  (Ephesians 1:4, John 6:65, John 10:9, John 172, J?ohn 17:6, John 17:9, John 17;12,)

What is your part:

To remember that I am a precious, beloved, chosen gift, who has been given an unspeakably precious gift, facilitated by the Triune Godhead....and my only part has been to say "YES" and receive the free gift and Eternal life with Him for ever. My part now is to live for Him, to accept and return His love and to obey Him as He trains and refines and conforms me to His Image (Rom 8:28,29), and to worship Him freely and with great "exultant joy and gladness" as Paul said in Heb 1:9 and to live in and learn to extend grace to others...and to invite others into this amazing family of God.

(I Love that we've been "re-gifted"...How can we ever thank Him enough for His amazing love, mercy and grace....

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

God's part in our salvation is protection for us. We can be secure in knowing God will keep us. Our part is faith in Christ.

(1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

God's part in securing my salvation is to keep me by His power and to keep me and reveal Himself to me.  My part is having faith in Him and believing in Him; knowing that He will keep me and reveal himself to me.

we must humble ourselves under the mighty hand of god.God is our refuge and our fortress.He will protect all who believe in him and have faith.If we abide in his word and work hard at living our lives based on his rules he is faithful and just he will strengthen and guard us against the evil one.God is the light of our salvation.If we put all our trust in him he will always be there for us.

Q3. (1:5) 
According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? 
What is your part?

God’s part in securing my salvation, starts with His decision to choose me to be saved before the foundation of the world. Next I heard the gospel call, where He revealed the truth of His Word to me. I will always remember this day in 1982, when I responded to accept Jesus as my Saviour. I was regenerated by the Holy Spirit and given membership in God’s family. Since then I have been helped with growth in my Christian walk and to remain faithful to Himself throughout my life. What God has accomplished by pardoning my sins, giving me a new nature, and adopting me into His family - no one can undo. Since as a believer in Christ I’m eternally secure, knowing that God secures my salvation by shielding me by His power. My salvation needs nothing to be added since it is finished, perfect, and unchangeable, being kept for me by God Himself. My inheritance will be revealed at the last day, but it is ready for me now. 
My part was responding to the gospel call in faith and repentance, and at the same time, in obedience to His Word, growing spiritually by becoming daily more and more like Jesus Christ. I also have to continue keeping my faith, since it is through faith that I’m shielded and guarded. On my own, I could never earn my way into God’s family, nor could I pay my sin debt, but our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ willingly paid this penalty on my behalf, satisfying divine justice and the demands of the Law (Rom. 3:25-26). I know that my salvation is permanent and my faith will see to it that I live in obedience to my Lord. At the same time, by understanding the basis of my salvation - Jesus’ finished work on the cross – takes away all fears and fills me with hope.

Q3.

If Christians could only read and understand the Bible as a little child would, could we not understand the simple truth God offers. But our carnal minds have distorted the Word of God. If only we can like Jonah from inside the fish pray, ““But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to you; what I have vowed I will pay.  But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord’” (Jonah 2:9)

Then, God would do His part by shielding believers by His power till the day of Salvation.

Me, on my part must pray and allow the Holy Spirit to awaken in me the deeply hidden/rooted awareness of sin within me and live a life of obedience by living every Word of God in order to be confounded by the wisdom of God. Then, and only then, as God said, He, “will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.” This surely will bring me salvation.(Ezekiel 36:27)

9 hours ago, Lionwolf said:

God's part in our salvation is protection for us. We can be secure in knowing God will keep us. Our part is faith in Christ.

Agreed completely. Simply put, my part is to have faith as small as a mustard seed that He will finish this good work. His part in securing my salvation is protecting me from the enemy. His Word protects. It is our shield and it is our armor. He has given it to us but if we aren't wearing this armor, when temptations come and when things happen, we cannot say it is God who tempts us and we cannot say it is God who didn't protect us.

In my case God provided a Christian family during and since my childhood. This is not always a guaranteed start for a believer. I just accepted the faithful examples of parents and other Christians, with some intelligent enquiry. Fortunately my faith has not wavered.

Other family members and my children have fared differently, my daughter struggled hard for answers. She stands a better chance helping those who have faith doubts. We are all protected by God but internally we react individually.

God ensured our salvation by giving His only Son to die on the cross for the redemption of our sins.   Once we have steadfast, non-questionable, unbreakable faith in Him, God will protect our inheritance of eternal life in His kingdom as He promised.  Christian believers are God’s people and are guarded by His mighty power.

My part is to believe, have faith on God and continue to live by His commandments in this world full of evil.

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

1.God does the shielding,protecting,guarding, and keeping of the believer.

2.Our faith has a part in activating this protection and salvation.We just need the faith of a mustard seed to get an answer from God.

On 1/22/2004 at 9:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

God's part is to secure or protect our salvation until Christ's return.Our part is to continue in our faith until the end. "run the Race."

God's part, according to Peter is to guard and protect us through the power of His strength.  He promises to never leave us or forsakes us.  Our part is to believe in Him and rely on Him to see us through every circumstance even when things look bleak. We need to let go and let God. To have faith in His promises. To stand firm, without wavering, knowing God will come through even in the worst of situations. All we need is faith as small as a mustard seed, and God will do wonders with that.

Our part is to have faith.  The Lord secures our faith, when we, in our battle with our flesh, wander and stumble.  This represents a great comfort to me. To know that a powerful God is securing my salvation, even when I am not strong enough is awesome!

According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation?

According to the verse God’s end is providing the salvation. Matthew 23:11 tells the story when Jesus said the greatest among you shall be your servant. Nobody or nothing is greater than our King Jesus and who is the greatest servant of all? Who provides life, food, shelter, both to the just and the un-just? None other than God Himself. For me to say I am serving Him is the understatement of the time. There is nothing we can do for God that He can’t do for Himself but there is nothing we can do for ourselves apart from him. Getting back to my pre-rant statement, all He asks for is that we believe He did it for us.

What is your part?

Our part is easy, actually. True, things like obedience, etc., all fit into the grand scheme of things but salvation comes to us through faith in what Jesus did for us at Calvary.

God is the originator of our salvation that means he has played his part already because he loved us before we knew it, predestined us and effected us through the finished works of his son. He has given us the holy spirit as a full package during this walk of salvation and he is preparing for us a place and he shall return to take us home someday. My part is first of all to believe in him he said and to follow his commands and wait upon him knowing he will return, this requires faith by faith.