JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome to James: Practical Christianity

Pastor Ralph

Hi all, it's so funny somehow I posted my greeting in the Gideon study on January 13 so I copied it and brought it over to the James study: :lol:

Good Morning to my fellow sojourners and aliens in our quest for knowledge, that leads to unselfish love (agape), of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ:

I am from the Keystone state of Pennsylvania in the US of America and have lived on this planet for 57 plus years. I came to the Lord at the age of 29 years. I was brought up as a Roman Catholic but joined the Evangelical church in 1981.

I have three grown children two on earth and one in heaven! I have two grandchildren both girls Laura and Darby Lee ages 17 and 19 months respectivley. I work full time in the manufacturing industry as part of the office staff. I've been at my place of employment for almost 20 years. The Lord got me my job and has kept me there. Praise His holy Name!

I love the Lord Jesus and I love His Word! I am so looking forward to studying the book of James with Pastor Ralph and all of you!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello my friends call me prophet on the cb radio

because i love to share about the love of God and the power he gives us thruogh his son Jesus

i drive a truck in fl an ga so its nice to come home in the middle of the week and do my bible study and read your replys and get info to share with others so thank you al for helping me share the word with others

grace to u all

Hi everyone! My name is Nancy and I live in Kentucky. I am blessed with a wonderful husband and daughter. I have participated in a couple of Bible studies here before but it's been a few years back. I'm looking forward to studying the book of James. It has always been one of my favorites because of its practical nature. I pray that we all grow in Jesus as we go through this study together.

:D

Hello,

I am Philip Tan from Singapore, District 14. I noticed there's also Caroline from S'pore. So that makes 2 of us. I am married & my wife is

Ellice. We have 2 sons (23 & 16).

This is my first time online. Sorry for the late posting as I'd just came

back from almost a week's Leave and this is my first try.

Greetings! My name is Karen from Texas. This is my first online Bible study and I'm hoping I have time to actually post (and learn how!). Although I am an adult with children of my own, Jesus just recently (about 4 years ago) transformed my life. I've been on an adventure ever since then. :) There is so much I really love in the Bible, but I really do love the book of James and I am excited to go indepth. See you all later...

Blessings,

Karen

Hi, I am Margaret from Lagos, Nigeria. This is my first online Bible Study and I am truly excited. I am married with four kids and do have a challenging job. My heart cry is grow more intimate with the Lord. I am a beneficiary of HIS grace and mercy each day. My husband and I are Pastors with the LOve Aglow Christian Assembly, Festac, Lagos.

Hello All of You from Everywhere!

My name is Kelly and I am from Citrus Heights CA. :rolleyes: The book of James is one of my favorite books of the Bible because there is so much written in it that speaks to me. There are soooo many subjects here I need to work on or better yet that the Lord needs to refine in my life.

As for the trials, 2004 has been one big trial after another. I totally flunked this chapter recently when my brother passed away. I never stopped believing but I sure got really angry and defiant with Him. :angry: I should have known better because I know my brother is with the Lord right now. :wub:

This year has been a trial of another kind but with the help of Jesus and the armour of God I'm am ready for the struggle because I know He will see me through. :ph34r:

I really hope to stick with this Bible Study and learn all it has to teach me. Thank you Dr. Ralph Wilson and may the Lord bless you for the awesome works you do for His glory. :D

P.s. Love all the smilies

Hi, my name is Denise. I live in Birmingham, UK. This is the first on-line Bible study I have done. I am really looking forward to learning more about James through this study. I have spent one year at Bible college in the UK and I am now in my last year of training to be a Nurse.

God Bless you all.

Love in Christ

Denise :)

~Peace Be With You~,

Hello my Brotheres and Sisters in Christ.My name is Linda and I have joined with Pastor Ralph studies for 2 years or more.I enjoy the teachings.I havent got started yet as I have had some health issues and a few other things going on.I love the Book of Psalm, Psalm 91.is one I love the most. God Keep You In His Ever Loving Care.Be Blessed Linda :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone

My name is Janina and I live in Washington State. I attend the Assemblies of God Church here in Moses Lake. I have been a Christian since I was 11 but left the church for a number of years, returning 6 years ago. I really look forward to doing this bible study and like the discipline it takes to partake of something like this.

Hi my name is Liz. This is my first time in a online bible study. I have been a christian for 2 years. I knew of God but had no idea who Jesus was for years. I lived blind. I have 2 adult kids. The younges just gave me my first grandbaby and the oldest will deliver in May. I live in Texas. Thanks Pastor Ralph for obeying God.

God Bless

Liz :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hello, my name is Moffett (I was named after the destroyer that my dad served on during WWII). I live in Indiana. I teach public speaking at IUPUI, my husband and I own 2 flower shops, and I am a folk artist. I have 3 children and 2 grandsons. I am the Adult Christian Ed. elder at my church. I am taking this online class to see what it is like and then encourage members of our church who are too busy to attend a traditional Bible class at church to try this. I look forward to the class and to meeting all of you.

• 3 weeks later...

May 10, 2005

Hi Sisters and Brothers In Christ:

My name is Bob and I live near Pittsburgh PA. I am very active in my church both as an officer and as a Sunday School Teacher.

I love to praise and serve my Lord every day.

Daily, I like to have a period of worship, prayer, and Bible Study with my Lord. I love to share the good news about Jesus with others.

I am looking forward to these on-line Bible Studies.

Bob

Pittsburgh PA

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! My name is Susan. I live in South Carolina. I have 2 children, a son 32 and a daughter 28. I am excited about this Bible study. I have been a Christian for many years. At the present time, there is a lot of turmoil in my life. Satan is trying to tear families apart in these last days, and he is certainly tring to do his part to destroy mine. But my faith is strong, and I have to draw my strength from the Lord more than ever. It is a continual battle when you are growing in your walk with the Lord. I love my Lord, and thank Him dearly for always giving me joy and getting me through many tough times. I also write...I use writing to express my feelings, and sometimes I share what I write to minister to others. I look forward to getting to know other Christians in this forum.