JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

The fulfillment of God's promises is based solely upon our obedience to His word and, abiding in our calling. The reference made is to an acceptible sacrifice, a sweet smelling savor to the Lord. That can only be attained by one's commitment to the Word.

Limit? Who can limit Adonai El Shaddai?

God is a God for all yet, my personal God. When He promises me something I know He will provide exactly what I need when I need it. I believe in doing my best to be in His will and as He is faithful, to me His promise is hope that will happen.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid?

In this context, the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid is that there is a need to be fulfilled.

What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise?

There is no limit in God's fulfillment of the promise. As many times as we approach him, He's willing to meet our needs.

In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

It means that God will meet all of my needs, though not always the way in which I might expect, but in His timing and way the needs will be met. I have to trust God and be open to receive His manifested blessings no matter which way it comes.

• 1 month later...
Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

i think the first 2 words says it all. is he my god? have i surrendered all, unconditionally to him?do i trust him ruling and reigning my life? before anything else is ever filled, we must first see the emptiness. solomon prayed for 2 things, understanding and wisdom. thats it. we must understand how spiritually bankrupt we are, and in wisdom know who can get us out of debt.now i know that i have personally used the finances which he gave me incorrectly. and i know i have squashed his word when i could have said something, and i know i have pushed hurting people aside because i didn't want to take the time. i'm sure there is a magnitude of mis use of grace in my life intended for others sake, but this one thing i know for sure, is that i'm not finished yet, and he will continue to fill my life with love, and joy, and peace as i look to him. for he never runs out of grace. and as i come to understand through the moments of my life what it means to have a god that laid down everything for me before i knew him, then i too can do the same for the unloved, the alien, and the widower.this is wisdom, to put into practice that which i know or understand to be true.may i remember and reflect on this today in my busy world....

• 1 month later...

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

The condition for this promise to be valid is that God is my God. There is no limit to God's resources, so there is no limit to the fulfillment of this promise.

I have given my life to Jesus Christ and I acknowledge God as my God. In living out my discipleship, God will provide for all of my needs.

• 10 months later...

We must give of ourselves and our finances out of love for God to receive this promise. There is no limit with God. He can do more than we can imagine. We can trust God to work out our life better than we could have ever dreamed. We just have to be faithful and keep our focus on Him.

• 2 months later...

Giving to God and giving to others, so that you meet the conditions of the context, be a generous givers, don't hesitate to "Let your requests be made known to God". Trust that God will meet your every need no matter how great. If it is a financial, emotional, social or spiritual need He is able to meet the needs in our life, if we put and keep our trust in Him, Christ Jesus.

The promise mean to me , If I need it, I ask God for it, In Christ Jesus. For God has everything I need for the asking. If He do not give it to me, then I did not need it, and I except that God knows, and will do what is beat for me.With full knowledge,

As long as I seek, and put Christ first "His kingdom and His righteousness" and all these things that I need, while my stay on earth will be given to me, as long as He is kept as the head of my life , and my faith is builted on Christ Jesus.

• 6 months later...

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid?

The promise begins with "And"....which refers to their generous giving to God's work through Paul and the same would apply to my giving to the Lord's work, and to being generous with those who have less than I have.

The promise is to liberally supply, fill to the full all our needs....not wants, but in my experience He is generous to supply many of those as well.

It means that because I'm God's beloved child, I can trust Him to provide for my needs, even as He does "the birds of the air". He leads me to the work of my hands and He supplies what I need each day. It means I don't have to worry or to beg and whine for them...He knows I need food, clothing and shelter and they have always been given generously to me....with much that I don't need besides. It means I live with a thankful heart toward my Father Who shares with me His riches, His love, His care.

• 2 months later...

Q4. (4:19-20)

In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid?

What is the limit of the fulfilment of the promise?

I think this is a specific promise to all of us, who faithfully and devotedly give in the name of Jesus. It promises that we will never lack. It is also true in a general sense that God does supply the needs of His people. I am however very aware and cautious that I do not only give in order to receive. I give because I want to out of my love for Jesus. He is our Heavenly Father and we are his creatures and it is not for us to make demands on Him. He gives and provides because of His love for us through our Lord Jesus.

• 4 months later...

The condition is the gift or tithe or offering or acceptable sacrifice should be offered with the right motive.....not a selfish motive to remove our sin.....but to please God and express our love for him.

There is no limit as the extent to which God will meet my needs is relative to the scale of his bank account....."according to his glorious riches"..........God's wealth cannot be depleted and is without bound.

When I pray, I should talk to God, tell him my needs, and expect an answer from my Father......an answer that meets my needs fully.

• 3 months later...

The Philippian Church had been a blessing to Paul and his ministry - as a resul of this the promise was made that God would supply thier every need according to His riches in Christ Jesus. . .

There is no limit to God - so there is no limit to this promis God has given as long as the conditions are met. . .

To me this promise is valid as long as I participate in God's plan by being a blessing to the work of the Church. . . As long as I am blessing His work - He will provide a way for me to continue to be a blessing and will also bless me for doing so. . .

B)

• 3 weeks later...

The condition is that we believe.

God has no limits.

To me it means that God will take away all spiritual barricades that try to get me away from the finish.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The condition is to those who Paul was teaching, who are called to press forward, pressing forward, keeping our thoughts on what is true, noble, righteous, pure, lovable, praiseworthy, and as Paul teaches us to keep doing what we have learned, then God who gives peace will be with us, we can count on the God of Israel to bless us, we who are in union with the Messiah Yeshua, Jesus. :huh:

• 2 months later...

4a)Condition is having a personal relationship with Christ,& giving/doing acts out of a thankful,cheerful heart with motivation of love for others rather duty or boasting of wealth or self.

B)No limit.God supplies out of his glorourious limitless riches in the way He thinks we need, not necessarily in ways we always want,but ways sufficient for us..Our hesitancy to believe we will be provided for is probably more our unbelief than our humility.

c) In Christ,we can think big give to others,trust Him at all times & he will fully provide for our needs in every way we ask him, no matter how big our need is.He has never let me down,thank you Jesus. :D

• 6 months later...

For the promise to be valid, one must have faith, willingly share their own resources, and believe that God will do what He said He would do, without limitations. God is more than generous to His children, especially if they are obedient. He will take care of and meet all of their needs according to His riches and glory not matter what the need might be as long as it is within His will.

• 1 year later...

(The Promise):
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:19
Philippians 4:19-20
Q). In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid?
A). It is a promise conditioned upon the giving of our own resources to God and his kingdom work.
#
Q). What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise?
A). There is no limit of the fulfillment of the promise. If God were to meet our need one hundred times in excess of our need, it would not draw down his resources or his wealth. Not one bit! We cannot deplete God's wealth by answered prayer.
#
Q). In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?
A). When I give with a desire to please God, He will abundantly meet my every need.

• 1 year later...

We must be giving to God and to others so that the condition can be met for the promise to be valid. We must be giving because we love God not that we will gain anything from our giving. There is no limit of the fulfillment of the promise. God is creator of the universe and therefore has everything under his control.

The promise means that no matter the condition that I am in God can fulfill my every need.

• 4 weeks later...

For the promise of our needs to be met as written in Philippians 4:19, we are to be living a life of giving.  When we give to others as an act of worship, we slip into the rhythm of giving and receiving.  God's economy does not lack.  He wants to give us abundance, but He can only do that when we've jump started the process:  by giving generously without greed and selfish motives. There is no limit to God's promise to meet our needs, although He may meet them in a totally different way than we expect.  God has met my financial needs abundantly.  He has faithfully supplied my emotional and social needs through the years, too.

• 1 year later...

Seek first His kingdom & His righteousness.

He'll supply ALL our needs!  The only limit is what we super-impose there.

My mind set needs to be on serving & obeying God not worrying about my needs.  He is responsible to supply my every need

Q4. (4:19-20) 

In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid? 

This promise is dependent on our giving of our resources for His Kingdom work. 

As we give, out of what He has freely given us, He will give back to us and supply every need of ours, abundantly, overpoweringly, overwhelmingly. 

There is no limit to the riches in Christ Jesus.

To me, this promise means that my Lord will supply all I need, and not all I want.

So often my wants go far beyond my needs, and I trust Him fully to supply what is best for me. 

He has never let me down and I can truly say He has supplied all my needs! 

The condition for the promise of God meeting all our needs is, that we become cheerful givers.

The promise in 3 parts: And my God; will meet all your needs; according to hos glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

The limit? The extend to which God will meet our needs is relative to the scale of his bank account, not ours!.

This promise means that when we get to heaven, we will be able to put pour rewards at Jesus' feet in the form of crowns:

The crown of righteousness: 2 Tim. 4:6-8

The crown of life: James 1:12

The crown of glory: 1 Peter 5: 2-4

The crown of the imperishable: 1 Cor. 9:24-27

What a glorious day that will be!!!

The condition that must be met is giving of you own resources to God and the work for the kingdom. The limit of the fulfillment of the promise is not trusting God with your giving. You miss out on His promise.

God assures us that He will meet our needs...( not our greed) and that we are not to worry....but rather be as the birds of the air...trusting never doubting....God requires of us to share what we have with others...to respond when we see someone in need....this is pleasing to God...and in return He pours out His blessing upon us...which are to overflowing...

This promise is part of my relationship with Christ....trusting that whatever He sends is perfectly matched to my needs...having Faith that He knows Me better than I know myself because He is the Architect of My exsistence and He fore knew Me...is enough..is everything.

In the context of giving to receive the promise of God has made us is that it must be for the use that God has for it and must of all out of love for the Lord and our fellow brothers and sisters.

There is no limit in the promise from the Lord. He will open the floodgates of heaven and bless us to over flowing.

The promise God has made to bless our offering provided they are given in good conscience and he will bless me as well as others