JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. (Ephesians 2:6) What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"? What does this say about God's grace? What does this say about our spiritual authority? How should this knowledge affect our prayers and our boldness?

To be seated with Christ in "heavenly realms means our union with Christ so that his action is our action, since we are in him.

God's grace is more than just of foregiveness in the past put for right now in the present time as we live our lives, transforming ourselves and the live of those around us.

vs. 6 helps us to understand that God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him and because of this we have spiritual authority over the enemy

Because we already have the victory we should be confident in praying to him, giving him praise, thanking him and ask him to reveal to us our true hope, with our true inheritance and power.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are seated with Christ means that we have the spiritual power and authority, in Christ, over Satan, demonic and human authority. What an amazing thought! Often we have a woe is me attitude where the world seems to get us down and forget that the very power that Jesus had to perform miracles (healing etc), the very power that raised Christ from the dead, is in us and we are in Him. We need to claim our authority in Christ and use it in our lives. We have the most powerful authority and yet we don't use it. We should be confident in this power and pray for opportunities for God to use us and for us to have the confidence to step out in who we are in Christ - to step out in his power and authority.

God's grace is huge - not only were we saved by grace but we are seated with Christ and given spiritual power and authority. We have been given so much by a gracious God but it is our responsibility to use that power and authority wisely! We need to make sure that we are following God's plan and not our own agenda.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Ephesians 2:6) What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"? What does this say about God's grace? What does this say about our spiritual authority? How should this knowledge affect our prayers and our boldness?

Eph 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

God

• 2 weeks later...

God's grace is so wonderful. Not only does he remove our sins from the past but he takes us to live with him now, the present with his life and power. This power will transform us . We should never be held back, because of our sinfulness and inadaqusie

to come to our Heavenly Father. Our prayers should be more humble, more fielial and more bold asking God to bless us and all those whom we love. :)

• 4 months later...

To be seated with Christ in the heavenly realms is too big for our (my) comprehension. But I believe that Paul is encouraging us to look higher than we are right now. So often we become entrenched in earthly things that we do not look forward to seeing what Christ has prepared for His children. We have been delivered out of darkness and into light, although we still abide here, our spirits have been renewed and His is preparing us for the day when He calls us. Satan would have us looking at our flesh, the Holy Spirit would have us groan for higher things. And that we could deservce such reward!!! How can it be? God's grace and mercy is so great that He has given us new life, hope and eternity as a promise, and we so ungrateful and churlish. We are children of God and all things are in His hands, we are safe. Our prayers can reflect His promises, and I do pray that God will take me and break me and mould me to His Will and give me sight of Him always.

• 2 months later...

What does it mean to be "seated in the heavely realms. Upon accepting Christ and admitting our sins, asking for forgiveness and making Jesus Christ the Lord of our lives. We become adopted sons and daughts of God himself. We have our sins. All of our sins, past, present and future sins - forgiven. We have been purchased with a great price. Now since purchased back, adopted, forgiven our physical bodies may be still here, but our home is in heaven. I may have been born in N.Y.C. and traveled around the world as a member of the U.S. Navy and for the longest time considered NYC my "home" my destination upon leaving the military. But God, (I love that); but God had other plans for me. I live here in Washington State and my home is in heaven. That is where my destiny lies, that is where my father resides, that is where my citizenship is, that is where my home that is being prepared for me is located. That is where I'm going. Not because of anything I've ever, done, said or can do or say. But because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross bearing in his body my transgressions against a Holy God. THANK YOU JESUS!!!! With that being said. What does this say about my (our) spiritual authority. Since I'm a child of the King; I have the authority of the King. Since this is my reality, I have been drafted to be in this spritual war until my God, King and Father returns or calls me home. I fight from victory not to victory. Our prayers are now set to tear down the evil of this world, to destroy wickedness in high places. To overcome the enemy at every turn by putting on the full armor of God and stand. God has given us the ways and means to defend ourselves and use the weapons he gave us to attack and be victorious in Chirst.

• 2 months later...

God's grace is more than forgiveness of the past, it is the equipping to live now -- in the present time -- with new power, power to transform our lives and the lives of those around us.We are above the domonic and human authorities in this spiritual sense ,we don's have to be victimized by the enemy, we can exercise spiritual authority.We is wash in jesus blood and rightiness so we can boldly go to the Father in Jesue Christ.And we are seal with Jesus in heavenly realms we are part of him and he part of us now.

• 4 weeks later...

That we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms" means that we will share a place of honor with Him in Heaven. This says that God's grace must know no bounds if it means that a wretched sinner such as myself can even be associated with Christ, let alone be seated with Him in Heaven. This says that we have spiritual authority over the things of this world as well as over the angels (both heavenly and fallen). This knowledge should affect our prayers by giving us the freedom to ask for things in Jesus' name, knowing that when we are in His will, wanting what He wants, it will be done and it should give us the boldness to speak with authority to evil spirits that try to influence us and show them that they have no power over us because we are with Christ.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Ephesians 2:6) What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"?

Because Jesus is seated at the right hand of His Father and ours, and we are in Him, we are seated there with Him positionally, if not yet bodily. Since His authority is over all creation, including Satan and the demonic realm, the powers and principalities are under His feet, and therefore under ours as well. Positionally, all that is His is ours as we are joint heirs with Jesus.

What does this say about God's grace?

It's Awesome! He sees us as already there, though we are still in our mortal, decaying bodies. What amazing provision He has made for His children! It's underserved mercy for sinners, but through the blood of Jesus, He sees us as holy, blameless, and above reproach and joint heirs with Jesus.

What does this say about our spiritual authority?

He has given us all authority to exercise dominion over human and demonic power, since we are seated in the heavenlies with Him.

Jesus won the victory forever on the cross. When we take dominion over His defeated foes, it's from a place of victory and in His power and authority.

How should this knowledge affect our prayers and our boldness?

I "get this" most of the time and pray with boldness and power. At other times if I'm experiencing fear I waver and whimper, failing to remember it's His delegated power and authority, not my own strength, and fail to take authority over Satan and those who work with him and for him immediately. I'm praying for "revelation" of this authority...so that I KNOW it, and use it to His glory consistently, because the victory is already won.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Ephesians 2:6)

What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"?

Wow! Besides being made alive, we have been raised up with Christ. Christ who dwells in us has given us a new, powerful, and unique life and position. And because of this we have a new set of values,

• 3 weeks later...

(Ephesians 2:6) What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"?

Jesus is exalted to the right hand of the Father "in the heavenly realms," far above all demonic and human authorities and powers, with everything "under his feet."

In this passage "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus...." (2:6)

If we are seated "with him in the heavenly realms" then we are elevated above the demonic and human authorities in this spiritual sense.

God's unmerited favor or grace; "he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding". Moreover, God's grace is more than forgiveness of the past, it is the equipping to live now -- in the present time -- with new power, power to transform our lives and the lives of those around us.

Instead of being victimized by the enemy, we can exercise spiritual authority -- when we learn our place of authority, and learn how to exercise it -- over the enemy and make him the victim of Christ's victory again and again.

Most of us are unaware as Christians of our place of authority and power in the heavenly realms. As God "raised us up with Christ" and "made us alive in Christ" and "seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ", our prayers and boldness should b consistent and follow our union with Christ ----------so that his action is our action.

• 6 months later...

This passage is so encouraging--I definitely do not take advantage of Christ's power. I often let myself just drift along with the world's discouraging ways rather than approach Christ with confidence that he can empower me to defeat the enemy. We can overcome evil with good!

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Ephesians 2:6) What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"? To me this comes back to me already being a co-heir with Christ and in Christ. Christ is already seated at the right hand of God in Heaven, so as a part of Christ, in spirit, spiritually, I am with Christ and He is with me.

What does this say about God's grace? Well, I have certainly done nothing to earn this unbelievably privileged position, but through God's infinite grace, this has been given to me as a gift.

What does this say about our spiritual authority? How should this knowledge affect our prayers and our boldness? Our authority is the same authority as Christ's. Jesus tells this to His disciples several times in the Gospels, we just have to believe that the authority is ours and it is. In the end, as Jesus said, it comes down to faith. If I have faith I can move mountains and act with the same authority as Jesus. I should pray with that confidence.

• 1 month later...

As Christians through God's mercy, grace, and love we have been blessed to be a adopted into His Kingdom as His children and have inherited authority and eternal life with him after our pilgrmage here. God's grace is so great and He is a God of forgiveness and love. He has given us the same spiritual authority as he has just like he told the disciples and knowing this we can go to Christ in prayer boldly knowin He wants the best for us and will answer our prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

4a As a christian believeing jesus died on the cross for the forgiveness of my sins, I have been saved, and have been raised above all earthly powers to be seated in the heavenly relms.I have been taken away from being under the power of Satan, and spiritually now seated on the right hand of God b)I have been forgiven and made free if I believe Christ died for me c)I am no longer a victim of sinful/human authorities d)In Christ there is no limit, & therefore want to pray for outcomes in accordance with God's motivation & character. :)

• 1 month later...

To be seated seated with Jesus, would be the greatest honor , that anyone could receive. Just to be with HIM, and receive his grace in heaven. I just pray, that HE receives me.....

bruno j.

• 1 month later...

Our table or place is set when we leave this earthly world and bodies and take on our true form (spirit). God's grace is the ultimate love. It is God's unmerited favor, we need to do nothing to receive it!! We truly have spiritual and physical authority because God says so. We only have to believe it and then act upon it and it shall be! It should affect us greatly because we have the one who created it all telling us we have the power through him, given by him all we have to do is act on it! This pleases God greatly!!

• 7 months later...

Wow! We are partakers in His grace! To be seated with HIM - CHRIST! His job is complete, the throne belongs to Him, He rests in His victory, and we rest in His victory also.

Oh and my revelation of the moment is that you cannot be seated with Christ, and so His authority, UNLESS you walk in grace and mercy and love, just as He has done for us. That if we are raised with Christ, we are raised with the same power that took Him to the cross..the power of complete surrender to His will...the power to have knowledge of sin against us and yet walk in love. Just look at Jesus at the Last Supper with Judas. Jesus addressed the sin, the consequence, and yet still shared his body and his blood. He still made the atonement for Judas' sin.

This says that "God's grace is sufficient for me." His Victory is made perfect in our weakness if we recognize our weakness and ask for His infilling, His mercy, His strength. If we see through His eyes, hear with His ears, and are led by the power of His Spirit who takes us to heavenly realms. Our authority is in Him. Before Jesus went to the cross, to fulfill His boldest act, he prayed "yet not my will, but yours be done."

• 1 month later...

Seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms" means we are in complete union with Christ so that his action is our action, since we are in him. Since we are in him we are elevated above the demonic and human authorities in this spiritual sense.

This says that God's grace is more than forgiveness of the past, it is the equipping to live now -- in the present time -- with new power, power to transform our lives and the lives of those around us.

This tells us that we can exercise our spiritual authority when we learn our place of authority and pray from that place of authority and learn how to exercise it we can overcome the enemy and make him the victim of Christ's victory again and again.

This knowledge should affect our prayers and our boldness because we are fully aware of our place of spiritual power and authority in Christ and learn how to use it to benefit our spiritual lives.

Seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms" means we are in complete union with Christ so that his action is our action, since we are in him. We are elevated above the demonic and human authorities in this spiritual sense.

This says that God's grace is more than forgiveness of the past, it is the equipping to live now -- in the present time -- with new power, power to transform our lives and the lives of those around us.

This tells us that we can exercise our spiritual authority when we know and learn our place of authority and pray from that place of authority and learn how to exercise it we can overcome the enemy and make him the victim of Christ's victory again and again.

This knowledge should affect our prayers and our boldness because we are fully aware of our place of spiritual power and authority in Christ and learn how to to use it.

• 3 weeks later...

It means that we are united with Christ. We are one with Him & nothing can separate us from Him or God.

His grace is unbelievable because we deserve nothing but condemnation & death for everything we have done in our lives.

If we are in a right relationship with Christ we have the same authority that He has. However no one has complete union with Christ on this side of earth.

We need to pray for discernment & be bold to talk to God as you would a loving Father. Knowing that you are a child that God has adopted you.

• 7 months later...

Almighty God, gracious and merciful, has provided the Way to salvation through His only begotten Son, who paid the price for our sins, by his human suffering and death at Calvary. He has done it all through the Father's creation and salvation plan. It is all God and none of ourselves when we gratefully receive the gift of salvation and are then sealed by the Holy Spirit to eternal life with Christ in the heavenly realms.

• 5 months later...

The meaning of being seated with Christ in “the heavenly realms” is that we have Christ on our side. We can do all that He asks us to and we can defeat the evils of this world because of Jesus Christ. This also says that God’s grace is abounded. He has forgiven us our sins and we can overcome. This also means that our spiritual authority is above all authority on earth.

This knowledge should affect our prayers and our boldness because we know that all things have been overcome and we can ask anything in Jesus’ name and it will be given to us.

• 1 year later...

:D Q4 ( i ) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE SEATED WITH CHRIST IN HEAVENLY REALMS ?

It means we are elevated above the demonic and human authorities

( ii ) WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT GODS GRACE ?

- Gods grace is more than forgiveness of the past, it is equiping us to live in

this present age with new power, power to transform our lives and lives of those

around us.         

( iii )  WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT OUR SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY ?

- It is such that the enemy cannot intimidate us

( iv ) HOW SHOULD THIS KNOWLEDGE AFFECT OUR PRAYERS AND OUR BOLDNESS ?

- Our prayers should command authority and demonstrate boldness over our enemies.

• 1 month later...

We also are seated with Christ in the heavenly realm because as believers, God has raised us up also with Christ.

Gods grace has forgiven us of our past sins and also equipped us for this age to live in Him and over come the world.

With Christ in heaven seated at the right hand of of the Father, He has all spiritual authority, thus through Him we have this power also.

Because of the grace God has given us we can now go boldly before the thrown praying in spirit and truth, knowing that God has heard our prayers and supplications.