JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

WWe arae so immersed in Hi. as when we werein baptism. w e arae clothed in the robe (His0 of righteousness a nd His Holy Spirit is operaable in and through us maintai ning His image in our daily life.a WWwe are in christ. for Christ and a bold witness For him in our daily life.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be in Christ means to make Christ the Centre of our life. His Power must be central in us . Begining by placing all our priorities under His control.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

I have always taken the words "to be in Christ", Paul uses them very often, to be that Jesus indwells within me. To an extent I have become His instrument; He works through me. He is the vine, the source and the nourishment, I am the vine, dependent on Him. I was born again in Him to serve Him as His disciple. There is a closeness and an immediacy in this relationship. He is my sustenance. He is my purpose. He surrounds me and works through me. The implication is that my life is His, in obedience to Him. He is the object of it.

In Christ is the most important description of my life as a Christian. It represents the way I speak, act, and think. As I keep my spirit focused on being "in Christ", then my choices become a reflection of Him more and more each day and less and less of me. It also means that I no longer have to function on my own. Because I am "in Christ" I am an important part of His body - the corporate Church. That is so comforting as I endeavor to "walk-the-walk" each day. It also means that I am here as a point of love, support, and encouragment for each of you - but I am comforted to know that each of you are the same for me.

I always thought of Christ in me and not me in Christ. Christ has the power and not me so now if I incorporate myself into Christ then Christ can work through me. This brings more meaning to me of myself I am nothing, but Christ can do all things through me. This implys I can't, He can, and He will if I let Him

To me, to be in christ means that your are, in a sense, dead to this world. Of course not dead in a literal way but dead in a way that you no longer live for yourself but for christ. This is not something that is easy to do. Everyday we are faced with challenges. We make decisions that will either strengthen our walk with christ or make us stumble. To be in christ means that we have to make good decisions because we are incorporated in him. What we do is a reflection of christ. The world is constantly looking for us to falter so they can judge us. Therefore, if we are in christ, we should be able to make those decisions wisely.

• 2 weeks later...

To be in Christ to me, is to be Christ minded. To have Jesus Christ living in you daily. To be like Him, to take on His characteristic, to be imitators of Him.

Delores :)

We become more than adopted as the world's view of adoption. In being born again we are literally born to God through what Jesus did on the Cross. Jesus died and shed His blood for us so that we would become God's children through His shed blood. We were bought with the highest sacrifice that could ever be given, through the sacrifice of one's life and blood. Because of this we have all the spiritual blessings to live victorious and powerful lives while we walk out our earthly lives. As God's child I have the rights to all the blessings of heaven to live victorious for Him, to walk out the destiny that He has for me here on this earth and for eternity with power to fulfill that destiny through Him and victory. Jesus defeated the power of the enemy over His life and our's.

It means that I have a whole new lease on life. That I have a meaning beyond the wordly things that life can give e and that I am secure in where I am going. It also means that I have a Friend to walk with me during the good and tough times that I face on a daily basis. It gives me a common bond with the fellow Brothers in Christ that meet regurlarly with to worship.

The implications of Christ in me and me with Christ are huge compared to my past life. I now have new responsibilities in all that I do daily. I talk differently, think differently and act differently that I once did. Now I am not saying that I have it all together, as I am still a works in progress, yet I do know that when I sin, He knows instantly, and when I ask forgiveness it is readily given. The Spirit inside calls me to a higher standard which come easier day after day. That little voice inside me, that as a child and young adult I thought was insight now truly is insight from a Higher Power.

So all in all Life is better, not easier, yet better and getting better by the day.

• 2 weeks later...

To me being in Christ means that my life is solely in the hands of my Lord and he runs my ship. This echoes with what is said in John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing." Every move in my life is dictated and dedicated to him and without him I can do nothing. :P I simply yearn for him like a toddler who is so dependent on the parent.

To be in Christ you must have, 1) Seen yourself as a sinner desirving to die and go to hell. 2) Repented of your sins a ask for God's forgigness. 3) When this happens the Holy Spirit comes to indwell you, and your are in Christ Jesus. :D

To be in Christ means that I am saved. I am no more on my own. My self can not have control over me anymore.

I have to follow His examples all throughout my life that people may see the beauty of Jesus in me. Unless I am able to do that then I am unworthy to consider myself as a person who is in Christ.

:rolleyes:

This implies that I am not alone. In Him I live, In Him I move, In Him I have my being.

The other implication of being incorporated with Christ is that when I was dead in sin and a stranger in the things of God and the message of Salvation was preached to me; I discovered His saving grace, and received him as Lord and savior of my life. Then I got immersed into Christ, and I was made alive with Him according to Eph 2:5, then He raised me from low living (life of sin and defeat) and made me sit with Him in Heavenly places. I became a partaker of the heavenly blessings in Him and I am therefore part of Him and He is part of me. He has taken full control of my live.

To me this is the greatest miracle that could happen to a sinner like I was to be forgiven all my sins and considered holy and blameless before Him not because of the sacrifices I made but by the Grace of God.

Liked the desc. of the cake mixture(thorough) and the one of dressing up Christ, such that if you ever take Him off, you're definitely misrepresenting HIm or rather representing s'one else.

Like we have organisations and incorporations all over, there are various depts in them ,each with its function and all with an ultimate goal and purpose,if one dept does not fulfil its role in its given time, the end pdt is definitely one we'll be sorry for.

Each member/dept has to do its best (die, help,be strong in your strength, mark timing and seasons,be willing to 'die' subjected to heat,cold and whatever may not be so comfortable but'll attain to your growth, be subject to the refiner's fire and the fuller's soap)

SO when there's a oneness within the body and no contentions within each dept, there's an inner incoroporation, then putting on Christ will be much easier, allowing His way and will be done,we know then from experience that the Lord knows and its better to let the Wind of God blow us whereoever he wills..

Implications:rest and peace. a persuasion that i know whom I have believed that He is able to do that q He has committed unto Him against that day.

I feel that when I say in Christ it means I am one with Christ therefore everything that I say and do is in him and glorifies him. It is important for me to always remember the importance of this in my life. Many times I forget that Christ is always in me everywhere I go. Sometimes it is hard to live a Christ like life for he is perfect and we are not. I feel that if I always take a moment and remember Christ is with me I can reflect him through my actions and daily life. It is awesome just to think about the fact that he is always with us. He is an amazing God and I am thankful for that. This passage pours out his blessings many times.

To be in Christ is like a marriage. There is no longer two people, but rather one. He is in us and we are in him. This includes for the good times and the bad, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. This means that we no longer live for ourselves, but rather live for each other, trying to please him.

WHAT IT MEANS TO ME................

IT MEANS FOR CHRIST TO BE IN ME AND ME IN HIM,US AS ONE SEEING ME IS JUST LIKE SEEING HIM. I WAS FORMED FROM HIS IMAGE THAT SHOULD SAY IT ALL.

INCORPORATED TO ME MEANS TO BE MIXED TOGETHER, WHERE EVER I AM THERE HE IS ALSO. WOW. THAT'S POWERFUL. I GUESS THAT'S WHY I LOVE THAT VERSE FOR HEBREWS 13:5 " I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEE NOR FORSAKE THEE. NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO HOLD ON TOF OR THE REMAINING OF YOUR STAY HERE ON EARTH AND EVEN WHEN WE GO HOME TO BE WITH HIM IN HEAVEN.

THE IMPLICATIONS OF THIS FOR MY LIFE

:HEBREWS 13:5"

GODS DISCIPLE

We believers are totally in Christ, incorporated in Christ because of His redeeming us from our sins, buying us back from the world to Him by His death on the cross and His resurrection from death and the grave. I fall very short of presently being totally

1) TO BE INCORPORATED INTO CHRIST MEANS TO ME, IS TO BE ONE. TO BE INTWINED. HE IN ME AND I IN HIM.TO BE ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL THAN ON A HUMANITY LEVEL. TO BE HOLY, TO BE EXALTED, TO BE PERSECUTED, TO BE SLANDERED (NAME). TO BE ONE WITH CHRIST MEANS TO ENDURE ALL THAT HE DID WHEN HE WAS ON THE EARTH.

2) TO BE ONE WITH CHRIST, TO LIVE AS ONE WITH CHRIST, TO WALK OUT MY WILL FOR CHRIST AND TO BE OBEDIANT IN EVERY AREA OF MY LIFE AS CHRIST WOULD WANT ME TO.

WE HAVE TO LIVE BY EXAMPLE.....THIS IS HOW WE GET OTHERS TO COME TO CHRIST.IF THEY SEE HOW GOOD GOD IS TO US THEN MAYBE THIS WILL INSPIRE THEM TO SEE WHERE IT IS COMING FROM AND HOW TO GET IT.

GOD BLESS

Upon my repentance and confession of my sins, and trusting in Jesus Christ as my savior, I have become in Christ. I am sanctified trough Him and made righteious because He paid my penalty for my sins. I myself no longer live, nor am I a slave to sin, it is Him through the Holy Spirit that live in me, I am a new creature in Christ. Now on that judgment day, when God looks at me, He will see me clothed in His righteousness, He will see His son in me.