JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I of course I think right away of Christ's prayer for us in John 17:21 "That they all may be one as You, Father, are in Me and I in You; that they may also be one in Us..." It certainly has to do with my surrendering my life to the will of Christ, but it says so much of the relationship He desires with us. It is really mind boggling, the truth of this statement...it makes my mind race...and I don't think we will get the full meaning of this stupendous truth untill we get home.

In Christ to me means that I am intimately connected to God by Jesus Christ. When I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, he not only became my Lord and Savior, but became my brother, and in dwells me. He and I are forever linked.

This means my life is not my own. For every thing I do, He is there also. It helps me to stay on the straight path.

To be in Christ is to dwell with Him.

It is written in Romans 12, we are all members of one body. This is not to say every member of a "church" is a member of the body and therefore is in Christ, but rather all who are a member of THE church are members of the body. To be in Christ is to be one of God's children. To have been saved from our lives of sin. It is to be found living in His will for our lives.

This does not mean we will always live our lives or make decisions "in Christ". We have our sinful human nature to contend with as well. We all often find ourselves living in the flesh.

When GOD looks at those of us who are saved, He sees us through the filter of Jesus. Like wearing rose colored glasses. He sees us and therefore treats us and blesses us as though we really are a part of His Son.

The implication is that it is now my honor and duty to serve Him as best I can. To use the gifts He has given me as best I can. To do all things as though doing them for Him (because I am). When I look at GOD, I must also look through the filter of Jesus. I must be a faithful, blameless servant. As best I can.

I belong to Christ, I am no longer my own. Being in Christ makse a world of difference when it comes even to making daily decisions. Daily, regarless of what the situation might be I will consider how it will affect my relationship with God. If we live our daily lives sin Christ, other will see Jesus in us. We will be that light that can not be hid. In this WORLD today, let us be that light. There are everlating benefits from being in Christ. Come on Saint, les stay in Christ and keep the light shinging.

What does it mean to you to be "in Christ"? What are the implication of this for your life?

To be in Christ is to be like him. We must remember that HE wants an intimate relationship with him (Ps. 63:3). He wants us to just talk to him about everything that comes upon us--HE want us to "BE" with him day in and day out. Because he made us in HIS image, we have all within us to have that close intimate relationship with HIM.

The implication are awesome when you think about it. If we learn to trust and lean on HIM for everything HE will always supply our needs. And just when we think things are getting better, something happens, and HE teaches us to lean on HIM more. I Cor. 13:4 also allows me to think about being "in HIM". Love is patient, love is kind, etc. This is the God I believe in.....but I also understand that HE will chastise me "in love" when I am not doing HIS will.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me "in Christ "-- incorporated into Christ?The Apostle Paul said in Gal:2:20

Acts 17:28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' when you come in contact with Christ you are a new person the life that you lived before you no more live, you now live for the glory of God . For me I am bought and paid for by the the blood of the precious blood of Jesus Christ

The life I now live is that Christ must shine in my entire being. :)

Ann

"In Christ" to me means that Jesus is alive in my heart. He lives in my heart. He is in me and I am a part of Him. He dwells in me.

Implication for my life: How I act (conduct myself), the way I talk, act and show love of self and others, the words that comes from my lips must be Godly. Others will see Christ in me.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

To be in Christ means to me that I must be totally committed to Him and do nothing to make Him upset with me and to live that others will see Christ in me.

To be in Christ means to be living my life as He lived His. All that I think, say, and do is in accordance with how He teaches. It can be my individual actions or those thing that I do corporately. Personal glory or reward is not a consideration, but the main goal is to serve others and in that service share the Gospel.

It is an ongoing process that begins the day I come to Him and make Him my Lord, Savior and Master and continues throughout my life.

To be in Christ means you put on the character of Christ, you are one in union with him and when the world looks at you they should see Jesus not you. If they see you there is still flesh that needs to die out so that all of you will be in Christ. In Christ you have constant communion with him through His Word and prayer, without a prayer life you will not remain in Christ for their will be no communication.

By being in Christ I am assured of salvation, abundant grace, righteousness and eternal life but the blessing include so much more as his child prayers answered for healing, things that are needed, being a witness no one can ever give more than Christ gives to them.

Amidst all what we go through in life the assurance given by God that I am His -family. :)

That you have become one with Christ and you are living and breathing in his name as a christian

and the love and honor flows thru you into all things and all people that you come in contact with

making you and other better christians

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ"

To be in Christ is putting my trust in Him. Being in Christ means my "new life has begun". My being in Christ means - His God and Father is now my God and Father. Christ, who is seated at the right hand of the Father in heavenly places means - my being in Christ, he is my mediator to the Father who sits on the throne.

Praises to my Father for blessing me with His Son, who is my precious Savoir.

What are the implications of this for your life?

The implications are to stay that saint as mentioned in verse1 and to continue to walk in faith, staying true to Him, staying true to the word, and to let my life be a testmony of the new life begun in me which is in Christ Jesus.

I do not want to have a warning as given to the church in Ephesus, Rev 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Rev 2:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

I never want religion or works to take priority, for in themselves I would be nothing. I must always stay in Christ, and how do I do that? By never leaving my "first love"

That I am a child of God, I am given through faith all the spisitual blessings that God has preparedfor me. I am a vessel of the Holy Spirit tobe use as God has seen fit to use me. I am a spiritual part of the Body Of Christ abd to be use in Him to seek and save the lost.

The implacations are emence they make be like Paul a slave to Christ and His good will for me I am held to the standardof doing for others first like Jesus taught the disciples.

For me, I feel like a branch. To be "in Christ" is to be only alive when plugged into the Power Source itself. Otherwise I would be worse than scrap wood--good for nothing but the fire. Implications for my life are simple--I am nothing without Him.

I was sharing about the abundant life in Christ and was asked "How can someone be happy all the time"?

[/b] I said, " When I wake up in the morning and begin to get dressed I like to imagine I am getting dressed up in Christ". I went on to say that if my wife wakes up in a bad mood and I am dressed up in Christ I will respond to her as Jesus would respond to her however the unfortunate part is the if I don't dress up with prayer and my wife is in a bad mood and says something I don't like I may find myself spiritually nude and back in the bedroom getting redressed.

I envision myself as a little branch sipping necture from this hugh vine and I am so grateful for the necture because I know I don't deserve to be there. It was The glorious love of Christ which engrafted me in

and I continue sip the necture because I want to be more like the feeding tube today that I was yesterday.

:rolleyes:

Being "in Christ" mean to me that I was brought for a price with his precious blood- since he died for me, as a Christian it is important to live day by day for him and not sin. because if we have Christ, we have life. The implications this have for my life is to surrender everything I have to God, he is in control, and I can trust him to lead me and guide in the right direction. God cherishes us, the more we know him, the more we will understand his love for us

Who I am in Christ

I am accepted in Christ

I am God's child ~ John 1:12

As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ ~ John 15:15

I have been justified ~ Romans 5:1

I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit ~ 1 Corin. 6:17

I have been bought with a price, and I belong to God ~ 1 Corin. 6:19-20

I am a member of Christ's body ~ 1 Corin. 12:27

I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child ~ Ephesians 1:3-8

I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins ~ Colossians 1:13-14

I am complete in Christ ~ Colossians 2:9-10

I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ ~ Hebrews 4:14-16

I am secure in Christ

I am free from condemnation ~ Romans 8:1-2

I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances ~ Romans 8:28

I am free from any condemnation brought against me, and I cannot be separated from the love of God ~ Romans 8:31-39

I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God ~ 2 Corin. 1:21-22

I am hidden with Christ in God ~ Colossians 3:1-4

I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me ~ Philippians 1:6

I am a citizen of Heaven ~ Philippians 3:20

I have not been given the spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me ~ 1 John 5:18

I am significant in Christ

I am the branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life ~ John 15:5

I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit ~ John 15:16

I am God's temple ~ 1 Corin. 3:16

I am a minister of reconciliation for God ~ 2 Corin.5:17-21

I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm ~ Ephesians 2:6

I am God's workmanship ~ Ephesians 2:10

I may approach God with freedom and confidence ~ Ephesians 3:12

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me ~ Philippians 4:13

THE MORE YOU REAFFIRM WHO YOU ARE IN CHRIST, the more your behavior will begin to reflect your true identity!

info on this page from the book: Victory Over the Darkness:

Realizing the Power of Your Identity in Christ

by Neil T. Anderson

To me being in Christ is to give my all, Romans tells us to be living sacrifices just as Christ sacrificed His life for us we are to 'sacrifice' our worldly things to follow Him.

If we are faithful to our calling we will not try to be self sufficent or turn to the world for guidance, inspiration and strength BUT find all our satisfaction and every need in Christ Jesus