JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Adoption is a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us because we were predestined into the adoption of children by Jesus. God knew already that he would adopt us because this was the will of God. God pull us out of the world to be children and to not be apart of the worldly things.

This concept of adoption is encouraging to us because we want to be like Jesus, we want to live right and focus on kingdom building because this is what God has told us to do. We are a part of the kingdom and not of this world. We are to be fishermen of men and woman to being to the family.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

After coming to know Christ and what he has done for me, I understand that while living in the secular world I belonged to that "family". Being saved I belong to a new family (of God) in a new home and family. It is encouraging to me because he has taken me in, fed and clothed me in the righteousness of Christ. He sees me in that relationship to Christ. I belong to a family where Christ is the Head and I, in my church, are a part of his body making a complete "family" for the first time in my life.

• 1 month later...

[Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

We have been made sons and daughter of God through Jesus Christ we are given his inheritance, eternal life. Life after earthy death lived in God's Kingdom!As his children we receive his forgiveness by grace and grace alone! We are also given WISDOM and revelation! We are encourage by this because we know we are saved from certain death and we are forgiven of our sins past and present and move forward in the great knowledge of love and forgiveness given to us by our Father!

Ephesians 5: 5-8 He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, onto the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

Adoption is a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us because through adoption we acquire the same rights and privileges as a naturally-bon son in the Kingdom of God.

The concept of adoption is encouraging to us because in the Kingdom of God women and men inherit fully and equally.

Hallelujah! Glory to God!!

Adoption is a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us because through adoption we become a valued member of God's family and we are always welcome into God's family. Being a member of God's family means that we move from the lowest class of slavery to sin to the highest by means of our adoption into God's family. Upon adoption, we become a son, an heir, and a citizen of heaven. We now had the same rights and privileges heaven bestows upon his adopted children.

The concept of adoption is encouraging to us because we now acquire the the rights and privileges of the Kingdom of God. We consider ourselves blessed by being adopted into God's family. We are not in God's family by happenstance of birth but by God's choice.

Glory to God!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Adoption is a choice. God had decided before we were born that He loved us so much that He gave His only son to die & rise again to save our life.

It encouraged me because adoption is a choice while family is a given. He knew what He was getting by adopting me at a oider age. He keeps encouraging me to keep having faith in Him. My walk gets stronger as each day passes.

• 6 months later...

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us?

As adopted children, we were chosen by God to be his children and as such, co-heirs with Jesus Christ, our Savior. This again is indicative of how much God loves us. He created us, He sent the Messiah to save us and then adopted and chose us as adopted children. Hallelujah!! Such love, oh my!!

• 6 months later...

I think that adoption is particularly an apt illustration of God’s relationship with us because who could love us if we weren’t his son or daughter. We do some of the dumbest things and only a parent could continue to love us.

The concept of adoption is encouraging to me because I know that I can always go to him when I need help or to be forgiven. Only God is able to that for me.

I think that adoption is particularly an apt illustration of God’s relationship with us because who could love us if we weren’t his son or daughter. We do some of the dumbest things and only a parent could continue to love us.

The concept of adoption is encouraging to me because I know that I can always go to him when I need help or to be forgiven. Only God is able to that for me.

• 2 months later...
Guest frankd123

Because we know by reading the word that he is a loving father and has our best interests at heart and when we mess up in our walk all we need to do is come to him and confess our sins and he forgives us in such a way that no earthly father could because of his Holiness and his nature and it gives me a great feeling of security that the creator of the heavens and earth and all that is in it calls me his son

Guest frankd123

Because we know by reading the word that he is a loving father and has our best interests at heart and when we mess up in our walk all we need to do is come to him and confess our sins and he forgives us in such a way that no earthly father could because of his Holiness and his nature and it gives me a great feeling of security that the creator of the heavens and earth and all that is in it calls me his son

• 1 month later...

4.a. Because it shows that he loved us and wanted us, chose us.

b. Encouraging - Knowing he wanted us, chose us,loves us, and that we belong to Him who is everything good and holy, not what we inherited in the flesh by our natural parents but by the Spirit of the Living God Holy and blameless.

• 1 year later...

Q4 (a) Why is adoption a particularly

apt illustration of Gods

relationship with us?

> we get more insight on this in

1 Peter 2:10 which says In time

Past we were not a people, but

now are the people of God, had

not received mercy, but now

have obtained mercy. We have

been adopted to Gods family.

(B) Why is the concept of adoption

encouraging us?

> Concept an encouragement to us

in that

- We are assured of heavenly

inheritance.

- We share equal privileges with

Christ.

• 1 month later...

As freeing the Israelite's from slavery in Egypt the Lord adopted them as his very own people, dedicated to Him for his glory. Acknowledging what Christ has accomplished for us and accepting Him as our Lord and savior, God our Father has adopted us as his son's and daughters. Knowing that His mercy and ever loving kindness has put us into adoption as his own, we look forward to an everlasting life with Him.     

• 2 months later...

Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God;s relationshipt to us?--Because when we recieved Jesus us our personal saviour,He beome one of us,through the Holy Spirit who Jesus tells will abide in Us FOREVER(John 14:16-And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;)..the Holy Spirit does not come and go as most people think so..He is within us,FOREVER..and as the Holy Spirit is in us,we are accepted and adopted as God's Son,because His Son who is also the Holy Spirit abides in us...This is the Fathera nd Son relationship.

Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?--It is encouraging for I no longer needs to labor,to groan,to work to become one..I is about Jesus who is in me.

• 10 months later...

The term adopted by God means that He has chosen to love and care for me even though I am not perfect. I might not have been one of the chosen nation, but God loves me just the same. He has a place for me in His kingdom in heaven.

• 4 months later...

Adoption paints a picture of us, who were not physically born of Him like Christ was, becoming apart of his family not based on blood, but THE BLOOD of Jesus Christ. When we accept Christ as our Savior, we are born again. We are born into the family of God. We are his sons and daughters just like Christ is his son. 

It's encouraging because He sees us like He sees Christ. Jesus said, "greater things that we will do because He goes to the father" and because we have the "Comforter" that will allow us to do greater works than He. I'm encouraged because I know I have a place at His table that cannot be cleared away!

• 8 months later...

To be given something you don't deserve is priceless depending on the situation,we were lost and on our way to hell separated from God but because of his love Christ Jesus made a way whereby we can be adopted into the family of God and in so doing the curse of sin is broken of our lives because of this we can all be apart of the adoption process all we have to do is say yes to Jesus and share in the inheritance of Jesus Christ. Wow what a life am so grateful to be apart of the family of God this is encouraging and inspiring. God choose us before we were born he wanted us he didn't wait to see how we would turn out he went ahead and made plans for us, this is why adoption is the most suitable word for our relationship in coming together with Christ Jesus.

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2006 at 9:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

It shows how much God loves us

We are heir's of God's family, we are now his son's and daughters. Nothing can separate us.

• 4 years later...

Adopti  on is encouraging to me because now I have claim to all that God has.  Every day I am both amazed and grateful that my plate is filled to overflowing, my bills are paid, there is a roof over my head.  Moreover, there is peace in my heart.  I sleep the sleep of the righteous..  My Father chose me, adopted me and showers me with blessings.

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship with us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?
http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/topic/530-q4-adoption/

God demonstrated his love for us while we were sinners he chose us and adopted us to be his loved children, in the family of the Living God. This is wonderful news, good news for us.

Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

God chose to use the analogy of adoption, rather than something more simple and less entangling. Adoption means I'm the daughter of God, and as His daughter, I have both the privileges and responsibilities of being in His families. Both. I must have responsibilities now that I'm a part of His family. Perhaps this include ... Loyalty? Love? Loyalty to my siblings (other Christians?)

Theologically, what confuses me is that Jesus is described as God's son; I do not think, as an adopted daughter, that I'm "par" with Jesus. He's in a different category as a Son than I am as a daughter. I'm lesser.

One more thing. Does this not imply that others who are NOT Christians and therefore not part of His family should be treated as outsiders? Should we have a distinct insider/outsider or family/stranger mentality?

On 8/24/2006 at 9:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Because it is a perfect illustration.  People who are childless are eager to have a child and pour their love on. They really want a child.  God made us from the beginning for fellowship with Him because He loves us, chose us and wanted us to be His very own, leading us to a good life, giving us His all, providing for us, etc.

It is encouraging to me, knowing I will never be alone.  He is always with me.  He lives in me and you can't get any closer than that! You can share anything with Him, so trustworthy. God has given me great parents, they were good to me, always provided for me but they are no longer here and God is forever. He chose me to pour His love on, He cares for me, He provides for me, He encourages me by His Word and Holy Spirit.  I am never lonely, I am content and satisfied. I am adopted into the Family of God.