JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Psalm 19

Q2. (Psalm 19) Verses 1 to 6 seem very different from verses 7 to 13, but there is a common thread that relates the first part to the second part. What is it?

The link (as I see it) is that both are declaring a message. Verses 1-6 tell of how the Lord proclaims a message without using words. Verses 7-13 tell of how the Lord proclaims a message with words- one way is general, one specific. I think it is like our mission

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We see a difference yet we see the same. The Heavens and God creation express God's Word wordlessly. As we look at God's handiwork daily we hear him speaking to us. Then there is the written Word of God. David is now turning to see how God speaks thru the written word. He is meditating on the word and it casuse him to look at himself. The word willl cause you to look at self the way God wants us to see self. When we do this then we are able to see where we might fall short. Thanks to Jesus Christ we have an advocate.

When I think of the written word I am reminded Of John 1:1-In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

David was praying for outer as well as his inner being(the total person) to be acceptable to God. We do well to do the same and meditate daily on the the word of God. He is for sure our Redeemer.

PRAISE GOD EVERBODY!!!!!!!!!

hE IS WORTHY!!!!!!!!!

Q2. (Psalm 19) Verses 1 to 6 seem very different from verses 7 to 13, but there is a common thread that relates the first part to the second part. What is it? In what way does the psalmist seem to bask in God's Word? Have you ever felt that way? How does the psalmist's wonder in creation seem to affect him in this psalm? In the classic prayer of verse 14, what is David asking God to do?

The glory of God and his creation is the common thread of the Psalm. The psalmist loves Gods word and has seen great glory in God's nature. Yes looking at the mountains God has created in the United States. I ask my self each time I see the mountains, how can anybody not believe that there is a God!! God seems awed by his creation. David prays for his outer life as well as his inner life.

To have such an understanding of the Word that you cannot only interpret it but, see yourself surrounded by it in creation is awesome. That is the link here and as the sun comes down or the moonlight casts its pale glow, the psalmist is enveloped in the Word. I have at times been blessed to feel this but it is quite clear that the psalmist has been overwhelmed by God's visual splendor. That in itself is a great prayer.

In verse 14 David is asking for acceptance of his whole being, humbling himself to his power; the Lord God Almighty.

[/font][/size][/color]

Q2. (Psalm 19) Verses 1 to 6 seem very different from verses 7 to 13, but there is a common thread that relates the first part to the second part. What is it? In what way does the psalmist seem to bask in God's Word? Have you ever felt that way? How does the psalmist's wonder in creation seem to affect him in this psalm? In the classic prayer of verse 14, what is David asking God to do?

to me this passage was a little confusing. The first part seems to be talking about the angels and all who are in heaven rejoicing in the Lord.The second talks about the commandments and how if we follow them we will be rewarded. I'm not sure what the common thread is. In the last verse David is asking theaqt what he has said be pleaseing to the Lord.

[/font][/size][/color]

to me this passage was a little confusing. The first part seems to be talking about the angels and all who are in heaven rejoicing in the Lord.The second talks about the commandments and how if we follow them we will be rewarded. I'm not sure what the common thread is. In the last verse David is asking theaqt what he has said be pleaseing to the Lord.

[ to me this passage was a little confusing. The first part seems to be talking about the angels and all who are in heaven rejoicing in the Lord.The second talks about the commandments and how if we follow them we will be rewarded. I'm not sure what the common thread is. In the last verse David is asking theaqt what he has said be pleaseing to the Lord.

Verses 1-6 proclaim the Glory of God - even the heavens declare his glory! The common thread between the first verses and verses 7-13 is God's perfection and magnificance. The psalmist sees Gods law as perfest, trustworthy, enduring forever. Citing its virtues, the psalmist declares his value of God's laws, his joy in following His Word. The more I study God's Word, the more amazed I am! God thought of everything! And had the prophets write it all out for us! We jsut have to obey! How simple!?!

The psalmists wonder in God's creation overwhelms him. In verse 14, the psalmist asks God to be pleased by his words and actions.

Q2. (Psalm 19) Verses 1 to 6 seem very different from verses 7 to 13, but there is a common thread that relates the first part to the second part. What is it?

The law of creation and the law for God's creation.

In what way does the psalmist seem to bask in God's Word?

David basks in the Word because in it he sees God's perfection, just as the heavens declare His glory, God's law is perfect, it is a way for mankind to grow, perfecting them, making them wise onto the ways of God. As the heavens declare to all peoples the knowledge of the universe; God's law is knowledge for the soul, better than gold and sweeter than honey, giving God's servant a warning, do not let sin have dominion over His servant, following in God's law, the soul can be found blameless before God.

Have you ever felt that way?

Yes, oh yes. This is why I study God's Word, I want Him to call me friend. The law is knowledge for my soul, a way for me to grow closer to the Lord God. God's mercy and grace was given to mankind through His Son Jesus, with it comes power to overcome sin, not letting sin become a habit in the believers life.

God's Word is knowledge to me, just as the sun comes up each day and sets each night, so is the law the same, never changing, so I must not continue in sin, letting it become a habit, for my soul will become hardened by the deceitfulness of the sin.

In the classic prayer of verse 14, what is David asking God to do?

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Let the words I speak and the thoughts of my heart be acceptable to you God. It is You I want to please. I do not want the flesh to continue to feed my desires, I ask that you fill my heart with the words you want me to speak, let my heart reflect the love I have for you Oh God.

The thread that runs through both parts is God speaking to us.

The psalmist basks in God's Word by being so enthralled with God's word spoken in the heavenlies and God's written Word. He finds it more desirable than gold and sweeter than honey. He knows it is only through God's Word he will first be cleansed from sin and then kept from it. His strength comes from the Lord through His Word.

Yes,I have felt that way but I think I fall short of the psalmist's love for the Word of God.

The psalmist's wonder in creation draws him to God in a very close and personal way.

In verse 14,David is asking God to cause his talk be such that it glorfies God and even the secret thoughts of his heart be what God would be pleased with.

Verse 1-6 and 7-13 relates to God and his creation. It speaks of God's majesty, his glory above the heavens, his glory in his earthly creation. Both speak about the Creator and his Word. God's unspoken word in heaven and the perfection of God's written Word.

In what way does the psalmist seem to bask in God's Word? Have you ever felt that way? How does the psalmist's wonder in creation seem to affect him in this psalm?

The psalmist mediatates in God's Word, which is nourishing to his soul. God's Word sustains him and makes him whole so the psalmist treasures the Word of God.

David is asking that his every being be pleasing before God and that God will keep his children close and near to him.

A common thread that relates the first part to the second part is God

How do these verses tie in together, is that God's creation and his word show us God's divine means of His greatness.God communicates to us, even in his creation,as we see everything God created is good.Then God speaks to us through His divine word.God reveals Himself to us by both,creation and His word.The psalmist basks in God's word, because Gods word is His presence.As God reveals himself through Scripture,we learn about his holliness,and this brings us to know how sinful we are.We learn about his gracious forgiveness and salvation.Yes,there are many times I have felt God's presence in his word~a very awesome feeling.

I do the same as the psalmists,as I sit on my back porch in the morning,and listen to the birds singing,hear the leaves of the trees as the wind blows quietly through them,making a sound pleasing to my ears.This morning the sun was glowing through the trees,causing beautiful rays of light peaking through.All of Gods creation is so pleasing,if you take the time to bask in it.

In verse 14 David wants to please God in everything he says and thinks.David calls God his Rock and Redeemer,because he knows God is his strength,and will rescue him,as God has promised David in His Word.

The heavens reflect the glory of the Lord, and shine brightly. The law also illuminates and allows us to choose the way of the Lord. The psalmist counts on God's law to shield and protect him and keep him from self inflicted harm.

Although I know I am completely forgiven due to grace and the blood of Christ, tend to be more afraid of the law than comforted by it. I am, however, comforted by God's glory and majesty. That such a being could be bothered to love me-incredible. Many times I have been sheltered and amazed by His love, it is just difficult for me to understand that His love and the law are in some ways the same.

In verse 14, the psalmist asks that all that he says and thinks be pleasing to the Lord.

Q2. Part A.... Verses 1-6 voice how God speaks scilently , wordlessly thru creation and the heavenly sights.

verses 7-13 voice how God speaks thur the written words of the bible , scriptures.

The common thread is God speaking ; communicating to us His created beings... whether

wordlessly in the images of creation or written communication of the words of Scripture

whichever he is communicating to us both ways.

Q2.Part B.... The common thread running thru all these verses is communication from God.

The first few verses are voicing how he communicates scilently thru his creation, heavens and nature

The next few veses are voicing how he communicates thru the written words of the scripture.

It is all communication what ever form it takes he is speaking to us of His grandure and care and greatness.

Q2. Part C.... The Psalmist seems to bask in the God's Word . Bask is to be exposed to as our skin is exposed to the sun

and we are warmed or burned whichever; exposed to wind and cold if we do not dress properly.etc.......

But here the Psalmist is exposed to Gods word. He is getting good our of it, He is recieving pleasure in

reading and meditating on it; He is encouraged by the word; He is enjoying what it says to him.

As we all should bask in the Word.

Q2.Part D.... Yes At times I have Felt this way. :) At times when the word is speaking of things I have experienced

or speaking something I need to hear I am happy , pleased, and enjoy the word. and it is comforting to at times

pleasureing in just how much he cares for us.

Q2.Part E.... The effect on the wonder of creation seems to affect the psalmist *** to make him meditate on how Creation and God

are good and meditate on how he is and it brings him to evaluate himself and his thoughts and actions . He thinks

ofthe errors and sins of his thougts and actions

Q2.Part F..... The Psalmist is asking God to act like a kinsman redeemer and to protect him. To pay the redemption of the sin of

the thoughts and actions that he knows are not pleasing to God. To redeem him and make him acceptable in God's

Sight because he knows he cannot make himself good and that God cannot look on him if he is full of sin so He humbles

himself and asks God to make him in a redeeming sense acceptabel to come into God's presence.

This showed us that the word of creation is real and the perfection of the word is real and everlasting

He basks in the word of GOD in awe and wonderment.

Yes I have also basked in wonderment when I see a pretty sunset, fluffy clouds in the sky, the falling of snow flakes that are all different and a small sea shell and how they are all different.

David is asking GOD to cleanse his words and thoughts and give him strength and assuance hi will be with him always.

Verses 1 to 6 seem very different from verses 7 to 13, but there is a common thread that relates the first part to the second part. What is it?

God's glory

In what way does the psalmist seem to bask in God's Word?

It is the Holy Spirit in him that makes him able to bask in God's Word.

Have you ever felt that way?

Yes

How does the psalmist's wonder in creation seem to affect him in this psalm?

It brings about a sense of awe.

I think he is asking God to do for him what God asked Abraham to do- Walk before Me and be blameless. Genesis 17:1. The psalmist knew he could not do it on his own but only through God's help and he wants to please God before anyone else.

The common thread is the brightness & glory of God.

He sees the benefits of knowing God's every word and fearing Him. He knows the results of studying & meditating on God's Word.

Yes & I want to return there!!

David sees the brightness of the sun & what a difference it makes to the earth; then he compares the Word as being radiant and giving light to the eyes.

He is asking God to be pleased with what he says & his heart...asking God to control his every thought & word. He leans on Him knowing He is his Rock & He it is who saves/redeems him.

Psalm 19 reminds me of Psalm 119 which, the long Psalm which expresses in so many different ways the indescribable riches of God's Word. It almost seems that David writes here a preamble to that great and mighty Psalm 119 that he would later write.

God's Word is perfect, trustworthy, right. In a world where there are so many wrongs, I love having this one thing that is right. His Word is pure. How we need a pure standard that we can measure ourselves by in our corrupt world! Best of all, it is sure. All else will fail, but we can rest. Because we have this one thing that is sure.

The sun is magnificient, but it can't hold a candle to the God who lives in his Word. God's creation can't revive us, or make us wise. The sun may give us temporal joy an light. But the light of God's living Word will be our joy throught eternity!

How much of God's Word did David have when he wrote these Words? Yet from what he had, he saw so much! In today's world we have so much...yet so often we see so little. God's Word brings us to our knees, as it did the Psalmist, and it picks us up again.

This has always been one of my favoite Psalms.

The common thread, as I see it, is that of God always speaking to us. His creation speaks volumes of His Majesty as well as His Word speaking volumes of who He is.

The Psalmist seems to bask in God's Word by the meditation of His created Word and the revelation of His written Word.

Yes, I have felt this way and continue to when I take the time to meditate on Him.

The Psalmists wonder of creation seems to bring him into a place where meditation of God's creation makes him so much more aware of the revelation of His written Word.

David is asking God to continually make him aware of the awesomeness of His creation in meditation and the revelation of His Word to reflect his own words. Everything in our Christian walk is a heart and mouth connection. What is in our heart will come out of our mouth.

1) Verses 1 to 6 seem very different from verses 7 to 13, but there is a common thread that relates the first part to the second part. What is it?

* That David could see the glory of God painted across the heavens and the creation of the earth.

* David began to discern the voice of God in the heavens and through the written word ( to him the

torah and to us the whole bible)

* The most powerful thing man can learn as he begins his true walk with God is His voice and

His heart towards mankind in His laws as David reveals in these two groups.

* Lessons to learn here are from Gen. 1- 4.This would have been the starting point for David

as he laid at night meditating on the torah and Genesis at the creation of his world and ours

to come.Then to recall the sin of the garden the results of God's commandments being broken

and the discipline of the laws set in motion by the voice of God.

David's meditation teaches to reflect upon the glory of God and His governing over His creation and

His creation of mankind and the love God has for us.( Who am I that you are mindful of me and that

you hear me when I call, its amazing that you love me and I am a friend of God's)

2) In what way does the psalmist seem to bask in God's Word?

* By meditating on His word and seeing how God is loving, forgiving, yet true to Himself in discipline

* That the word of God searches the heart of man and no hidden things can stay hidden

* David saw that he was in a place of God's dwelling and how God's love protected him

the times of battle (in killing a bear and a loin)

* David learned how placement of things, times and man were important to God

3) Have you ever felt that way?

* Everyday, everyday I live in His glory and everyday I bask in His word and in both I see

as David saw and I know as David knew, that God is Great and Greatly to be Praised.

4) How does the psalmist's wonder in creation seem to affect him in this psalm?

* David learned to love God with all his heart and with all his soul.

* David learned that there is a separation of the soul, the body and the spirit of man and

that the spirit is where God dwells and speaks to the inner man. God taught him all of

the skills he would ever need in fields of Israel where he would soon rule as king. In this

I believe is where he saw the future King to come to rule a kingdom that would rule

eternity and mankind. This is where he saw he would rule and reign along side him

forever.

5) In the classic prayer of verse 14, what is David asking God to do?

* Here again we see David looking at the three fold parts of man and he is asking God to help him

be pleasing in His sight. Let nothing keep him from His presence. Let there be truth in

way of living and judging towards himself and others to come. In all of this psalms David

is preparing for a future, a future he could see in the stars and read in the torah.

When we look at the sky at night or during the day, we can see how great is the God who created it. It tells us about Him. His Word also tells who he is, teaches us about his characteristics and reveals his glory.

The psalmist tells us how precious is God's Word to him and what it brings into his life. He says that it is the source of joy, that it opens his spiritual eyes, it brings new life to his soul. It also makes him wise and teaches him the fear of the Lord.

I would really like to experience God's Word as David did. Sometimes I come across a Bible verse and I think that it is so beautiful. It gives me new hope and something I can refer to in my hard times.

When David observs God's creation he understands that he is sinful. He sees God's greatness and becomes aware of the fact that there are things in his life which God doesn't like.

In his prayer David asks God to make him clean of all the sins he is not aware of. He also asks God to make him free so that there is no sin, done out of rebelion, which has its control over him.

David wants to be clean of all his sins, so that they won't be unrevealed and won't grow into great transgression.

It seems the first 6 verses talk about God's creation and the last talk about His perfect law. The common thread the Lord. The Psalmist loves God's law,and His creation, I think it just puts a song in his heart. Yes, I have felt that way when I look into a clear starry night, a beautiful sunset, a great thunder storm, and a beautiful sunny day watchin g my flowers bloom. It all reminds me of God. I think the way it affects him (David) is he is in awe. In David's prayer he is asking God to give him a right heart so he can be blameless.