JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Psalm 69

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 69:12-18) How could David dare to ask anything from God after the shameful things he had done with Bathsheba and Uriah? How does God's grace and mercy function in the face of our sins?

Despite overwhelming misfortunes David cried out to God in trust and hope. He knew that God is a forgiving God, and that only God can gave eternal gladness.

David do not pretend to be without sin; he realized that his sins had brought shame upon other believers, upon God, and upon the nation he ruled. David could not appeal to his own righteousness, rather he appeal to God's love and mercy as he pleads for deliverance.

God's grace and mercy function in the face of our sins, because grace restore our relationship with God; he does not keep a record of our sins in order to use them against us. He forgives and loves us even as we suffer through the consequences of our sins. God doesn't just forgives, he forgets.

He could ask for mercy because he admitted his guilt, repented and ask God for forgiveness. That's what made David so good, he failed like any other human, but he was sorry for what he had done and ask for forgiveness. He accepted responsibility for his actions and didn't try to place the blame on someone else. It's the same for us today.

Q1. (Psalm 69:12-18) How could David dare to ask anything from God after the shameful things he had done with Bathsheba and Uriah? How does God's grace and mercy function in the face of our sins?

David discribes his feeling to God and know he has brought shane to his people.He knows if you pray to GOD for forgiveness he will forgive you so David put his life in GOD's hands.

If you pray for forgivesness and keep your promises to him he will answer your prayers ..as he wishes . GOD is a mericiful GOD ..he live within you with Grace and Love.

How can WE go to God and ask forgiveness day by day...and many times for the same sin? David could go, as we can go, because His Word tells us of His grace, His lovingkindness, His patience, His all-knowing. He knows our hearts, as He did David's. He knows when we are truely sorrowful and contrite. He knows our hearts!

David had a true and deep relationship with God. He loved God so very much taht when he sinned he did not blame others, he did not make excuses, but owned up to what he had done. With his repentant attitude he faced God in humbility to ask for forgiveness. He knew God's mercies endureth forever.

He loved so much that He shed His precious blood so that when I sin can ask for mercy and be cleansed in His most precious blood. "Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his hertitage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy." Praise the Lord for His graciousness, lovingkindness and tender mercies!

Our God is a Loving and forgiving Father, no matter what we have done, if we seek His face for forgiving with a sincere heart like what David did, He will forgive us.

David had sin, but after seeing what he did was wrong before God, he repented, and asked God to forgive him and indeed he was forgiven.

God

David could ask for mercy from God because he knew how forgiving and merciful God is.

God's grace and mercy functions the same with us, provided we are sorry for ous sins.

Despite defects in David's character, he loved the Lord and looked to Him for forgiveness, deliverance, salvation, grace and love.

It works for us just like it worked for David. We ask God for forgiveness of our sins with a repentant heart and God is faithful to forgive our sins. I JN 1:9

David could dare ask anything from God after the the shameful things done with Bathsheba and to Uriah because he knew that not only is He a God of Justice, but He is also a God of Mercy. David knows he can't appeal in his own righteousness, but he can ask and receive forgiveness of his sins by appealing to God's love and mercy.

God's grace and mercy function in the face of our sin because when we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us.

How could David dare to ask anything from God after the shameful things he had done with Bathsheba and Uriah? How does God's grace and mercy function in the face of our sins?

David was asking from mercy and forgiveness from the Lord,he wanted to experience God's love and salvation.He realized that it is not by his own merit but upon God's unchanging character that he was able to overcome the obstacles of his sins with bathsheba and Uriah.God's grace and mercy works in times of favor,it is through love for us his children, and in great mercy.He wants to redeem us and give us always that reminder of our salvation.

1. David knew his God.He trusted Him very much.Prior to this particular incident he had spent many, many days & months in communing & worshipping & singing praises to his God. He had developed a very intimate realtionship with his God.He knew the Father heart of God. He knew of His steadfast love & mercy.He knew Him as his Saviour & Redeemer & King! That's why when he sinned he could go to God & pour out his heart before Him as one would do to his most trusted & beloved friend.

2.God loves us & is merciful & gracious to us.That's why Jesus paid the great price for our sins to deliver us from satan's bondage of sin & his wicked kingdom & reconcile us with God, the Father. The Lord sees us as His own children, even though we may fall into sin, He does not disown us.He is still compassionate & merciful & gracious to us. This is so because He is an unchanging God! He is the same yesterday, today & tomorrow! When we sin, we cry out to Him for forgiveness & He responds to our cry on the basis of His deep love, grace & compassion!

David knew that God's love for him overcomes everything else - not by our works but by His grace. David was well aware that there was nothing he could do to rectify this but that God's mercy upon his life would be the saving grace he longed for and needed. Just as with everything, we haven't done anything to deserve or warrant God's love, we are sinful, tarnished people. It is only by God's grace, mercy and ultimately His love that we are saved! This is true for our daily lives, every day all the time.

In 1 Jn1:9, we are made to understand that, ''If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to clease us from all unrighteouness''. With the acceptance of this word, David first acknowledged his sins for laying bathsheba and killing uriah. Then he asked God for forgiveness.

God's grace and mercy function in the face of our sins by HIS compassionate move of forgiveness towards us whenever we sin. Each time we fall to sin and cry out to God, He does not waste time to have us back to HIMSELF. For He said, it is not His wish that any should perish but that we come to repentance. Thank You Lord for this your loving kindness towards us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He still belived in God and I don't think at the start that he thought he had done anything wrong, he was the king and he felt it was his right to have what he wanted. Gods grace and mercy is always there we just have to belive and except that he has forgivin us with our faith and then forget about it.

Q1. How could David dare to ask anything from God after the shameful things he had done with Bathsheba and Uriah? How does God's grace and mercy function in the face of our sins?

How could he dare not to? He is at his lowest emotionally and spiritually, where else could he possibly turn? When we admit our weakness, we allow God to display His Greatness.

• 2 weeks later...

David had the courage to ask God for something because he knew God as a merciful, loving, forgiving and gracious God who was ever ready to forgive and accept his children back when they return to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing comes from God on our own merit, but on God's grace. When we sin, we must repent and ask for forgiveness, and God will redeem us because of His love for us. But we may suffer the consequences of our actions, and His "rescue" may not be on our time table.

• 2 weeks later...

Our God,who is full of mercy and overflowing with grace, is quick to forgive us of our sins. He loves us with a perfect love!!! David, as we, had every right to go before

God in sincere and true repentance seeking forgiveness and deliverance for sins. As we study out the word of God we find that past sins are forgiven of God and we strive not to repeat them. I do not recall, but I have not read the bible thru and thru, where David ever committed adultery again.

• 1 month later...

How could David dare to ask anything from God after the shameful things he had done with Bathsheba and Uriah?

David is a man after God's own heart, even though he sinned and brought shame to his family. David in 2 Samuel 12:11-12 personally confesses that he has sinned againt God. He does not blame anyone else or anything for his actions. He alone takes responsibility. In Psalm 51, David confesses his sin " For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge." In this psalm, we see David's grief over the one whom his soul has loved and whose loving kindness has always shown him favor. David confesses his sin, begs forgivness and promises to bear testimony to the wages of sin so that other sinners would return to God with broken spirits and contrite hearts and offers up sacrifices that the innocent does not suffer for the sins of the guilty.

How does God's grace and mercy function in the face of our sins?

2 Samuel 13-14 " The Lord also has taken away your sin, you shall not die. However, because by this deed you have given occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child that is also born to you shall surely die."

Again in psalm 51, we see a clear picture of who God is in relation to our sin as well as who we are in relation to our sin if we are truly repentent. God is both merciful and just, he will not overlook our sins, but invites us to him to seek forgiveness. We have to seek forgiveness if we are to be restored to a right relationship with God, a cleansing renewal of a new spirit. We must be transformed.

• 4 weeks later...

Q1. (Psalm 69:12-18) How could David dare to ask anything from God after the shameful things he had done with Bathsheba and Uriah?

David was ashamed of what he had done but he did exactly what God wants us to do when we sin; go to Him and repent. He appealed to God for His Love and Mercy and asked for deliverance.

How does God's grace and mercy function in the face of our sins?

Grace deals with sin

Mercy deals with the effects of sin :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

DAVID'S PLEAS TO GOD FOR MERCY AND FORGIVENESS AFTER ADULTERY AND MURDER WAS BASED ON GOD'S GRACIOUSNESS AND NOT ON HIS OWN MERIT. GOD LOVED DAVID SO MUCH THAT HE SENT NATHAN THE PROPHET TO DAVID TO GET HIM TO ACKNOWLEDGE HIS SINS WHICH LED TO GENUINE REPENTANCE. IF WE DONT KNOW THE CHARACTER OF OUR GOD, WHICH IS BASED UPON COMPASSION AND DEEP LOVE TOWARD US, WE'LL TRY TO HIDE FROM HIM IN FEAR AND COVER-UP OUR SINS.

GOD'S GRACE, WHICH IS UNDESERVED FAVOR, IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO ARE GENUINELY SORRY FOR SINS AND ARE WILLING TO TURN AWAY FROM THEM. HIS MERCY COVERS US AND BRING US BACK TO HIM, SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM DESPITE OUR FAILURES AND WEAKNESSES..GLORY.

• 5 weeks later...

Psalm. 69 Save me, O God; for the waters are come in even unto the soul.

I am sunk in deep mire, where there is no standing; I am come into deep waters, and the flood overwhelmed me. I am weary of my crying; my throat is dried; mine eyes fail while I wait for my God

This Psalm laments of two different people in distress, there payer, which appeals to God