JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Lightning and the Coming Kingdom

How glorious!

Such a simple question but I am very moved by the Holy Spirit in seeing the bright shining rays of light around Jesus when He returns!

I'm reflecting on when I go to walk at night and how bolts of lightening from miles away light up the sky! I don't miss it! My eye is automatically drawn to the flash of light and I stop and wait for the next one! It's always awe inspiring and majestic!

Every eye will be drawn to God's light when He comes! We'll be stopped in our tracks and will watch and wait struck by awe!

Oh glorious day!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2 The disciples will not know the day and hour of Jesus' coming. Jesus warned them

not to be lured by false christs and false prophets doing great signs and miracles.

However, they are to observe the lightning which flashes and lights up the sky from

one end to the other. This will be seen at great distance and lights up a huge area.

Then they will know the coming of the Kingdom.

Q2. (Luke 17:22-24) What do Jesus words about lightning teach us about the nature of the coming of his Kingdom? The end of times here on Earth will come in a FLASH and be seen by ALL of mankind. So, be always prepared, awaiting, and looking forward to the day of the rapture!Like Lightning it will burn out the evil ones, and good and evil will be separated, so be prepared always!! Be ready, grasp on to the coming of the Kingdom when it comes, and do not look back for even a split second!!In only a split second, you must make a choice to leave all material possessions behind and run, RUN, toward the coming of the Lord thy God and his kingdom! Be prepared NOW!! NOW!!! Judgment will be swift and complete on that day..no turning back. No more than a strike of lightening can be returned to the sky can we have a second chance to enter the kingdomn of God.So, prepare yourself now, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and always seek to live a Godly life.

Q2. (Luke 17:22-24) What do Jesus' words about lightning teach us about the nature of the coming of his Kingdom?

When Jesus comes, His power and presence will be evident to everyone. No one will need to spread the message because all will see for themselves.

Q2. (Luke 17:22-24) What do Jesus' words about lightning teach us about the nature of the coming of his Kingdom?

Luke 17:22-24 - Then he said to his disciples, "The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. Men will tell you,

He won't sneak in then put a full page ad in newspapers around the world, as Sun Myung Moon did years ago. I read the ad and was astonished as I had no knowledge of scripture, so it gave me pause. Thank God for His Word, which tells the truth, since He is the Truth. When Jesus splits the sky and returns, it will be just as lightning lights up the sky. His coming will be seen by all. There will be no question about Who He is!

When Lightning strikes, the sky is usually very dark....reminds me of the days we're living in. Even so, Come Lord Jesus!!!1

Just as lightening can be seen from a great distance and light up a huge area,so will Jesus be seen by everyone when He returns to earth.

Since lightening starts thousands of feet above the earth,the normal horizon caused by the earth's curvature doesn't limit it's view.

When Christ appears for the second time,everyone will behold Him,not just a select few.

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1006

Jesus' words about lightning in comparison to His coming, teaches us that it shall be evident when He returns. Just as it is apparent and obvious when we see lightning in the sky, so will it be when He returns, we will not have to guess or ask anyone if it is Him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...