JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Blaming and Resisting God

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

Moses began to have doubts after he returned to Egypt though, and God reconfirmed Moses

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

Moses saw Pharoah's resistance as trouble not knowing that God was hardening Pharoah's heart. He saw the people suffering increasing so the only person he could blame was God. I think it was a bit of both fear and unbelief. Moses and Aaron had a task to do for God but here they were doubting God. God was showing his firmness as we should be when give commands.

Moses blamed God for his troubles because God got into them. Moses and Aaron are stubborn because they lack God's vision, strength, and courage. They are not on board with God. They don't understand nor trust God. God commands Moses and Aaron into action to get them moving.

God gave an order, Moses obeyed, and therefore he got in trouble.

Last week, a Dutch missionar was killed in Kenya, and his wife was raped.

If they would have stayed home, they would have been save now.

So listening to God can ruin your life.

I guess Moses and his brother had fear for what faraoh could do to them.

Sometimes fear can paralyze us.

Therefore God had to command them again.

Moses had forgotten that God told him He would harden Pharoah's heart and that God's Plan would bring the Isrealites freedom in the end. The Isrealites ended up suffering even more after Moses' obedience in demanding the people be set free to Worship the Lord. I'm sure Moses felt terrible about his people being further inflicted and their anger toward Moses probably tempted him to fall under peer pressure, which I believe is a fear response.

God's ways are not our own. What is defined as good to God may not be man's definition of good. God has to command Moses and Aaron because of their unbelief that God's plan is good in every way and that He is present with Moses and Aaron every step of the way.

Moses blamed God for his troubles because God told Moses he would work through him to make the egyptians release the people but God hardened Pharrohs heart and he refused to release the people. Moses blamed God because he thought that God had not kept his word.

Moses and Aaron are stubborn because they do not believe in themselves and they blame God for all their troubles. They expect God to do everything now and do not understand why God is not doing what he said, right now.

I think they were afraid but also they did not believe that God would be able to free the people as they both knew the cruelty of the egyptians.

God has to command Moses and Aaron, because as most people are, they do not have faith in themselves or Gods promises. God wanted first to have Moses and Aaron believe without doubt that they could do anything as long as they trusted God instead of doubting him, before he freed the people. He needed Moses and Aaron to be strong in the Lord before they could lead their people.

MOSES BLAMED GOD WHEN THINGS DIDN'T WORK IN HIS FAVOR. GOD WAS DOING EVERYTHING EXCEPT WHAT HE COMMANDED MOSES AND ARRON TO DO. THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH FAITH TO KNOW HE WAS RIGHT THERE WITH THEM. WE ARE ALL GUILTLY OF THIS WHEN GOD TELLS US TO DO SOMETHING HE NEVER LEAVES TO DO ON OUR OWN.

MOSES AND ARRON I THINK COULD NOT COMPERHEND WHAT THE LORD COULD DO. I THINK THEIR STUBBORNESS WAS FEAR MOSTLY

I THINK THEY BELIEVED.JUST COULDN'T REALIZE HOW ALMIGHTY GOD WAS.

IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEM MOTIVATED. GOD MIGHT HAVE SHOUTED GO!!!!!!!

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles?

Moses blamed God for his troubles because Pharaoh's treatment of the people was because of Moses following God's instructions and asked for the release of the Israelites.

Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think?

Moses and Aaron are stubborn because of the response they were getting from both Pharaoh and the Israelites.

Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps?

I believe that it was a bit of both dear and belief in Moses and Aaron they were embarking upon a journey they had never taken and the fear and uncertainty of what's to come caused resistence.

Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

God had to command Moses and Aaron because they did not see through the eyes of Faith what the results of their obedience would yield. God commanded them and asserted His position as God.

1) Moses blamed God for his troubles because the people blamed him.

2) I think that they are stubborn because of fear and unbelief. Pharaoh is a powerful man and could have done great harm to them. However, they forgot or had not yet recognized who is all powerful. The people would not listen to them and they could have been fearful that they would revolt against them. Since nothing they had done or said soften Pharaoh's heart they began to wonder with unbelief. Not any different than us today. If God does not move when we feel he should, be begin to have doubt.

3) God had to command Moses and Aaron because up to this point they had not disobeyed Him and He knew they would obey Him. Even though they moved slow or showed fear and doubt they did what God had asked. I also believe it was God's way to encourage them. To re-emphasize that He was with them.

I believe it was fear (trying to execute spiritual beliefs and commands into the real world)...there was probably some disbelief and confusion caused by knowing God's powers (as demonstrated) yet with those powers God allowed his people to continue to suffer through the "hardening" of Pharoh's heart.

[bQ1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron? ][/b]

Exo 7:6 And Moses and Aaron did as the LORD commanded them, so did they.

Exo 7:7 And Moses was fourscore years old, and Aaron fourscore and three years old, when they spake unto Pharaoh.

We as humans always try to find someone else to pin the blame on. That has been done since Adam and Eve. The people turn and blame Moses and Moses turns and blames God..."see what you have done now"...I believe they are being stubborn out of fear mostly. The are afraid to lose ...afraid of what the Pharaoh can do to them and their people and afraid of how the people will react. It may also be out of lack of faith not believing that God will stand by them but fear does strange things to us. Some of us just freeze until we are told to do something. We act like children facing their parents and unless told what to do just cant get something done. Here the Lord is doing His Parental duty.

Moses blamed God for his troubles because the Hebrews blamed him for their workload being increased. He was passing along the blame so to speak.

I believe both fear and unbelief played a role in Moses and Aaron's stubbornness. They feared what Pharoah's retaliation would be if they told him the Lord's command.

Plus they probably had doubts about God being able to deliver the Hebrews from slavery.

God has to command Moses and Aaron because they kept coming up with excuses as to why they couldn't go before Pharoah.

Fear had caused Moses to hesitate to obey God from the beginning so when he did obey God, Pharaoh's adamant refusal to listen reinforced Moses' fear. Immediately, Moses blamed the One who had issued the initial command. Fear is the reason that both Aaron and Moses are stubborn and reluctant to obey God. The task was an enormous one and these two Hebrews were often overcome with fear and doubt. God had to command Moses and Aaron because of the importance of the mission. God did not want cowards and doubters to stand before the great Pharaoh. He wanted strong men full of faith in the power of God.

Moses, after learning the 1st experience with Pharaoh, did blame God for not helping him at his first job for he lacked of the experience of being a representative to hand-in the first notice of God. He did not know how to deal with such kind of things ( as most of now-a-day experienced delegates at meetings ). I do not think Moses & Aaron intended to be stubborn but as a natural human being to begin or to start something new, one needs lots of self-confidence and courage, that 's why both of them tried to giveway to the others. Their actions may include both of fear and unbelief.Finally, God has to command them after giving them explanation and freewill, it did not work out as HE planned (as a compassionate father),and that does not give HIM any more choice, I suppose.

Moses blamed God because he believed that if God had not given him the assignment, he would not have received the bashing he got from both Pharaoh and his people.

Moses and Aaron's disobedience could have been due to both fear and lack of certainty that God will surely be faithful to do as He has promised.

God had to command (make) Moses and Aaron to comply because His plans must be accomplished.

God has always been an easy out for us instead of pointing to ourselves we always point at others and God esp. since he seldom talks back. I think our stubborness is from our infancy which some of us are still living. God I think is patient, but at the same time I think his patience wears thin too. Sometimes I know he gets tired of our whinning and just puts his foot down.

• 2 weeks later...

Pastor Ralph, on 01 February 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

1) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles?

He faced troubles when the tyrant pharoah increased more workload on his fellowmen. The Israelites pointed him as trouble maker and not the king. Thus Moses was upset and blamed God.

2) Why are Moses and Aaron so stubborn, do you think? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps?

Everybody wants immediate positive response. For Moses, it was out of his expectation and that caused both fear of maybe death and unbelief that God was in control.

3) Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

Because they were still lingering in cowardice. God commanded them to take courage in obedience to Him even the situation was opposite to their expectation.

Moses was just reacting without putting any thought behind his actions. I think Moses was angry since he was yelled at by the israelite foreman, who probably feared more beatings,and instead of placing that anger where it belonged(pharoah), Moses took it out on God.

Even though he has walked some with God he still doesn't get who God is, as well as his own identity, because he doesn't seem to fear him.

God had to command them to do it because they weren't motivated enough to do it on their own. If your kid steals a candy bar and they wont return it, you make sure they do because you're a good parent and do the right thing. Another thing i wanted to mention is that the situation was getting uncomfortable for Moses and Aaron and they were looking for the easy way out, the nearest exit.

• 2 weeks later...

Moses got distracted by the pressure he was under from Pharaoh’s dogged resistance and the disdaining complaints of Israelite leaders. His view had shifted from the LORD back onto himself with his personal insecurities and inadequacies (that will always undermine your confidence). I think he was feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, and frightened. He had lost assurances from God's promises as all the old fears flooded back. The only one he could blame was God for getting them into such a mess! The situation was far worse than ever, and Moses and Aaron couldn’t see any way out – because they were focusing on human understanding and effort rather than the plans the LORD laid out and vowed to accomplish when they were commissioned.

Moses and Aaron had let their focus and resolve be caught up in doubts, which led to fear, which led to disobedience. The King had to finally issue a firm command to his servants. Sounds something like slapping the face of a person in hysteria! Pull yourself together! Get a grip! Snap out of it! Get marching, men!

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why do you think Moses and Aaron are so stubborn? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

Moses either ignore or forget what God had told him earlier about Pharaoh's responses.He blamed God because obeying God seemed to bring trouble rather than immediate success. God's people today must keep in mind that God's word say's we must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God.

Because God had already told them but they still behaved as if they didn't know or forgotten what God had already told them.

was it fear nor unbelief? I take it as unbealief.

God had to command them because there were showing lack of faith. But as a father he had to be firm with them. For example as a parent there is a time you have to be strict with your child, the moment a parent gives a command to a child,a child will be obey. May God help us all in Jesus name.

Q1. (Exodus 7:6-7) Why did Moses blame God for his troubles? Why do you think Moses and Aaron are so stubborn? Was it fear? Was it unbelief? Or both, perhaps? Why does God have to command Moses and Aaron?

Moses blamed God because he had done God's bidding and it had turned out badly. I don't think Aaron and Moses are stubborn, just discouraged and distrustful after their initial defeat. That is why God had to command the second confrontation with Pharoah.

Moses blamed God because man is inherently a coward who divert the attention away from his own failings by shifting the blame elsewhere. By doing so he also. conveniently, shift responsibility elsewhere.

The above is born out of fear and unbelief. Hence making a person (in this case Moses and Aaron), stubborn.

God had to command Moses and Aaron (be firm with htem), so as to really push them towards doing as he commanded due to their unbelief ans fear. He often need to do hte same with me/us today, becuase of our inherent lack of faith.

• 5 weeks later...