JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Secure by Faith

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

God's part was to send Jesus as a sacrifice to pay for my sin, showing great mercy and grace to me.

My part is to believe in the work that Jesus has done for me and to live according to His laws and principles. I must not loose sight of His Kingdom and my inheritance in the midst of my struggles here on earth (even unto death from persecution). I am to keep my faith in Him until His second coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation?

God shields the believer. It's God who keeps our place ready for us in His Kingdom.

What is your part?

My part is to believe in God's promises and live according to that belief.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

1:5 said,who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.I pray that God will shield me everyday, I struggle trying to be in relationship with Christ,not walking in the world. So without God's mercy and grace I like many will be lost, but I have faith that the Lord's word is true and that I can count on Him as my High Priest to deliver me from my sin.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (1:5) According to 1 Peter 1:5, what is God's part in securing your salvation?

Christians are chosen by God in His foreknowledge. We are called by God to salvation.

What is your part?

Salvation is a gift according to God's grace. A gift is of no value unless it is accepted. My part in my salvation is to accept God's gift of salvation. I also have to do my best to live a life in obedience to God's word, the Bible.

• 6 months later...

3a)God in his mercy has given us new birth of an eternal living hope through Jesus,even though we don’t deserve it,God withholds the judgement that I deserve and shields each believer,protecting us until Christ returns & secures the believers salvation.

B)My part is to believe, trust Jesus, nurture my faith, soaking up God’s promises,persevering with His strength, maintaining faith even when it is tested or weak.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

"For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16   It is through the grace of God that our salvation is provided for and secured.  It is the power of God to do these things.  Our part is to put our faith/trust in Jesus Christ and follow Him.

• 1 year later...

We must have faith in the plan of salvation (accepting Jesus Christ into our lives) and with faith, even a small bit the size of a mustard seed (which is tiny tiny tiny) we are secure in Christ. God cannot lie and He says that He protects us through our faith, and I for one believe Him.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As long as you are be obedient God the Holy Spirit will protect you it's like putting a high fence around you with no gate opening for anyone or anything can get. Salvation and God part go together because of the blood of Christ. I keep my mind on being obedient to His Word.

• 5 months later...

Gods part in securing our salvation is that he does the protecting, guarding and maintaining a watch over us. His guarding will continue until Christ returns and personally consummates our salvation.

Our part in this guarding from God is activating our faith for this protection and salvation.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to 1 Peter 1:5 what is God's part in securing your salvation? What is your part?

I believe God has secured our salvation through the life, death, (on the cross) and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Verse 4 says, "in to an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade- kept in heaven for you." God continues being God, His guarantee of our right relationship to Him continues because He is the Alpha and Omega. He is the Way, the Truth and The Life. He is, and always will be.

Our job is to believe; to have faith in what is not seen. To walk by faith and not sight.

John 6:28-29

28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

• 4 months later...

My part is to: believe; “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). have faith; faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ” (Romans 10:17), confess; If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9), repent and be baptized; “Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins” (Acts 2:38), obey His commands; “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching (John 14:23), spread the good news; “He said to them, Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation” (Mark 16:15) and, love my fellow man; My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you” (John 15:12).

God’s part is to: Provide us with His word; He will declare to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household" (Acts 11:14), He will be faithful; But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory” (Hebrews 3:6), forgive us of our sins; “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners...” (1 Timothy 1:15-16), saved through grace; "we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus" (Acts 15.11), Jesus’ return; “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am” (John 14:3), we will have an inheritance that will never cease to exist, new birth and living hope through Jesus Christ; “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Cor. 5:17) “In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade (1 Peter 1:3), we will be protected through our faith in Him; “…you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time” (1 Peter 1:5)

• 5 months later...

1Pe 1:5  who by God's power

are being guarded

though now for a little while, if necessary,

you have been grieved by various trials,

Salvation has past, present, and future dimensions.  Put simply:

1. We have been (past ) saved in Christ. He died for me, and He died as me. It is finished.

2. We are being saved (present).He is guarding me , He is leading me, moulding me, and He is refining me as gold until He sees his face in the purified metal. We face various test and trials. Sometimes being grieved by them!

3. We will be saved (future) for all eternity

God Guards us:

God is guarding (keeping, shielding) us until our total salvation is revealed at the end this age, See v 7 the totality of our salvation and the genuineness of our faith will be made known at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Our inheritance is reserved – kept in heaven, (see 1 pet 1.4).

We learn to trust Him:

We grow in grace and demonstrate our faith in Him. We learn to trust God through various trials (tests?). Working out our faith in the real world (test track)

I disagree that God's protection is guaranteed, even if our faith is weak. I believe God gives us what we truly ask for. If we ask for God's protection in times of trouble, thank Him in advance for His help and have strong faith and confidence that He will help us, then we are very likely to get His protection. If we ask for protection, but don't have confidence that God will help us, then we show disrespect of God and He will give us what we expected, ie, nothing. If you don't have faith that your prayer will be answered, why bother asking at all?

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:13 PM, David from NZ said:

I disagree that God's protection is guaranteed, even if our faith is weak. I believe God gives us what we truly ask for. If we ask for God's protection in times of trouble, thank Him in advance for His help and have strong faith and confidence that He will help us, then we are very likely to get His protection. If we ask for protection, but don't have confidence that God will help us, then we show disrespect of God and He will give us what we expected, ie, nothing. If you don't have faith that your prayer will be answered, why bother asking at all?

Hi David - I am not sure how this quote thing works :-)   Your answer is interesting. Perhaps we can discuss it tomorrow night.  Neil

• 6 months later...
On 1/23/2004 at 2:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1Peter 1:5 basically tells us that God secure us through our faith in His Son, but we must activate our faith by totally surrender ourselves to our Lord Jesus Christ so that our security will be sure. Jesus Christ says "If anyone loves Me,he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him (John 14:23).

Gods part in securing salvation one could say is 99.9% His part and .1% my part...God became a man and set aside all His power and rights and chose to be whipped and beaten and scourged and ultimately crucified a horrible death on the cross..all while i was a rebel and transgressor...giving zero allegiance to Him..Romans 5:8...then He was buried for 3 days and may have visited hell to tell satan and demons ( you all are going down in a lake of fire soon )..then on 3rd day He rose again to defeat sin and death and this resurrection became my justification..in other words His resurrection procurred sin being taken away from me as though the first Adam never sinned to begin with...when i put my faith and trust ( my part...1% ) in Christ and what He did on the cross ( 1 Cor. 15:1-4 ) i am now born again..a new birth...a new creation the new has come the old is gone..and now i am baptized into One Body by One Spirit..in the family of God forever..i now have a living Hope an excpectation a reality of Eternal life and future by a Living and Risen Savior..and now my future inheritance is imperishable..it can never fade or grow old or be taken  away..it has been secured..who through faith are shielded by Gods power until the coming of salvation...God does the saving, the consecrating...ultimate glorification of the body..creates an inheritance that is so divine and cannot fade or grow old or taken away and God shields all of this...and we just keep the faith..even the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains