JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (2.5) Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God?

A priest desires to please God without thought of reward for doing so.

What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

It inspires me to live a life pleasing to God. That's easier said than done of course but that's what I try to do.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3a) We are considered the royal priesthood when we accept Christ Jesus into our lives. Just as Jesus is the Living Stone, my acceptance of him being chosen by God and precious to Him, I become a 'living stone' being built to be a spiritual house. The mind set is of a Royal servant is to be sanctified by reading word daily,offering up spiritual sacrifices (prayers) acceptable to God through Jesus,& worshipping him where I am placed,home or work,serving him by obeying his word in thought and action as bible says,& spreading further His gory.

B) It inspires me to draw closer to God,learn more of him through reading bible more,persevering,to overcome,focus on God in all I do and say where ever I am placed and endure for him with my heart and mind, waiting for him,listening to Spirit guiding my understanding of his word, and His prompts on how to serve him in my attitude,thoughts and words, confessing where I need to,forgiving others,showing mercy,healing, and sharing God’s love and care for others. I have a purpose as royal priesthood to worship and obey God.

3a) We are considered the royal priesthood when we accept Christ Jesus into our lives. Just as Jesus is the Living Stone, my acceptance of him being chosen by God and precious to Him, I become a 'living stone' being built to be a spiritual house. The mind set is of a Royal servant is to be sanctified by reading word daily,offering up spiritual sacrifices (prayers) acceptable to God through Jesus,& worshipping him where I am placed,home or work,serving him by obeying his word in thought and action as bible says,& spreading further His gory.

B) It inspires me to draw closer to God,learn more of him through reading bible more,persevering,to overcome,focus on God in all I do and say where ever I am placed and endure for him with my heart and mind, waiting for him,listening to Spirit guiding my understanding of his word, and His prompts on how to serve him in my attitude,thoughts and words, confessing where I need to,forgiving others,showing mercy,healing, and sharing God’s love and care for others. I have a purpose as royal

• 1 year later...

Q1. (2.5) Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God? What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

The mindset of a priest towards God is one of service, praise, worship, spiritual intercession for others, offering sacrifice to God, and a life dedicated to Him.

My life should reflect this mindset.

• 1 year later...

Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God? What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

A priest don't look for gain from God, they are obedient to what God tells them. They offer up themselves as a sacrifice to God through Jesus Christ. We worship God through the Spirit of Jesus Christ. When offering a sacrifice we deliberately and consciously offer up to God our worship. Finally, we should offer our heart to a great God. And if you are a true believer you would seek God and all His righteous, all other things will given to you.

• 5 months later...

Q1. (2.5) Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God? What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

The mindset of a priest towards God is that he is a servant of God for the people, he is a mediator for the people of God. In the Old Testament he offered up sacrifices and prayers for the people to God and spoke to and taught the people about God and their responsibilities.

Jesus has become our High Priest in the New Testament by the shedding of his blood. As believers we have become priest and serve the people for our Lord. This is indeed our inspiring job for him, to teach the gospel and disciple those that have become believers. Jesus is now our High Priest and our mediator between followers and God the Father. We no longer offer animal sacrifices but instead we are obedient followers and offer our prayers up to God.  

• 2 months later...

To serve others in His name. To teach, preach, inspire and challenge others to fully know Christ, as they are known by Him.

To be fully His. To be Holy as He is Holy. To be conformed to His image. To share the love that He has shown me with all I meet. To go and make disciples of all men.

• 4 months later...

What is the mindset of a priest towards God?  The facilitator between us and God is Christ Jesus.  As His earthly representatives, our mindset should be to always be obedient servants, worship and conduct ourselves in a manner that is acceptable to God.  We must constantly endeavor to attain a level of holiness that will glorify God; “Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.” (Leviticus 19:2)  Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we have direct access to God and in v. 5, Peter tells us to “offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ”, I take that to mean that our mindset should be to constantly pray that His will be done and to pray for others as well.

What actions does this mindset inspire in you?  God has inspired me to become a lot more actively involved in my church and to introduce as many people as I can to the saving grace of Christ Jesus.  Through the Holy Spirit I now recognize that I belong to the most important group of people on earth, those of us who proudly proclaim ourselves to be Christians.  I know in my heart and my soul that He has called us all to a higher purpose and that we are a very special group of people, set apart from the rest of the world to "glorify God" in everything we do.  Personally, I aspire to glorify Him in the way I conduct my life and by witnessing to others about Jesus and what He’s done in my life. 

• 5 months later...

Q1. (2.5) Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mind-set of a priest towards God? What actions does this mind-set inspire in you?
The mind-set of Consumers – This is a wrongheaded approach – it is both immature and self-centred.

The mind-set of a priest – this approach leads to serving God and others.

It involves:

• Doing the works of God and offering sacrifices to God. (Sacrifices of thanksgiving and praise.) 
  • Presenting our bodies as living sacrifices. (Rom 12.1)
  • Doing good deeds – sharing with others, including sharing the Gospel. Offering the fruit (calves) of our lips. (Heb 13-15-16)

• 6 months later...

(2.5) Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God? What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

The mindset of a priest towards God is offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.  All of the barriers between God and us have been removed. We no longer need an mediator. We no longer bring sacrifices.   Now, in Christ, the people are the temple; we are the priests; and we are also the sacrifices offered to God. We are his servants and we are to praise His Holy name.

On 2/14/2004 at 2:19 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

The mindset of a priest towards God is to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through our Lord Jesus Christ. The actions this mindset inspired in me is to worship our Father in spirit and truth according to our Lord Jesus Christ says in John 4:23-24 Amen.

On 2/13/2004 at 8:19 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Mindset: Mediator between God and man - first cleanup yourself and then mediate between God and others (to cleanup their lives). 

Actions: To know God; to serve God; to serve his people - in the spirit of the prodigal son: acquaint them with their ancestry; explain their separation and the way back; explain their Father's character and His preparation for their return; join in the celebration of their being reunited!

On 2/14/2004 at 2:19 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

The mindset of a priest towards God is to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through our Lord Jesus Christ. The actions this mindset inspired in me is to worship our Father in spirit and truth according to our Lord Jesus Christ says in John 4:23-24 Amen.

The mindset pf a priest towards God is one of Spiritual Worship. He offers sacrifices to God, such as, praise, glory, honor, and worship, through Christ Jesus. We tend to fear God and want a mediator between us, but a faith filled Christian does not need a mediator. This mindset makes me want to re-evaluation of my faith to properly worship and praise Him.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2004 at 6:19 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. A priest is in service to the Lord rather than pursuing his own agenda. (On call at all times with a  willing heart to minister to the Lord in worship and praise, and to serve others, as He leads by and through His Holy Spirit)

2. Complete surrender to the Lord. Being ready to serve in whatever capacity He desires or requests. It prompts me to be more liberal with my worship and praise!

The mindset of a “priest” as defined as followers of God through the Holy Spirit, is one of dedication to God and His purposes. As a follower, I am constantly trying to be aware that I am a representative of God. This inspires me to not only be an example of my faith, but to share my convictions with others.

Q1. (2.5) 
Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. 
What is the mind-set of a priest towards God? 
What actions does this mind-set inspire in you?

As believers, we are all priests and have instant access to the Throne of God – 24/7. This is a great privilege which we often abuse by selfishly making demands on our Lord for our material wellbeing. Rather, our attitude towards God should be one of humble obedience and gratitude, our main aim being to glorify Him. 

Our mind-set should be one of servanthood, and we do this by offering ourselves as a spiritual sacrifice to God, through Jesus our Mediator. This has to be done through Jesus, as He is the only One who can make our offerings acceptable to God. This is because everything we do is still flawed by sin, and our sacrifices have to go via Jesus who removes our sin making it perfectly acceptable to God. However, there is no need to offer sacrifices to remove sin and guilt as Jesus was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people (Heb 9:28). We offer ourselves as a spiritual sacrifice to God when we intercede for others, pray for the lost, and act on behalf of Jesus Christ to those who do not know Him. All this, and more, should not be a burden but a joy and privilege. 

Once I fully comprehend that Jesus has died for me, that He gave up His life for me while I was still a sinner, then the least I can do is live for Him, and no sacrifice is too great. At the same time my involvement in these actions inspire me to do even more for our Heavenly Father. Instead of relying on Him to serve me, it is up to me to acknowledge Him and serve Him!

Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God? What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

1 To live Godly lives and to do our best to please the Lord.

2 Servant of God.

3 To be a servant of God and to do what He called me to do for Him.

Our mindset as of a priest is to intercede for others. Therefore, we should be holy, humble,  filled with the Spirit because that's the only way we are able to please God, for God is Spirit. This calling should make us feel honored to be chosen /picked by God that we may offer living sacrifice of praise and worship, obedient as little children to Him. To know that we are standing in for others should move us to live honorably, in fear of God. 

The mindset of a priest towards God is one that seeks Him with a pure conscience for who He is in His awesomeness.  He also trusts God and is willing and obedient to do His will.  

The actions of this mindset inspires in me a desire and willingness to be obedient as well and to seek the deep and secret things of God and fellowship as opposed to just carnal things. 

On 2/13/2004 at 9:19 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

A priest has the heart to serve God in any and all things and also offer up to God sacrifices. Sacrifices of my time, things that are the best, I am to offer these things up to Him. My gifting (which He has given me), my talents, my money(which is all His anyway). But all of these things are meaningless if not done and used for His glory.  IN light of eternity, what I do on this side determines the other. 

Q1. (2.5)

Q. Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God?

A.  A priest is one who stands between God and man to serve. He offers sacrifices to God and thus must be holy and wholesome as God is and must acceptable offering acceptable sacrifices.