JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (1:12-14) From the standpoint of witness to others, you are much more credible when you are undergoing personal struggles, stress, and problems. Why is this so?

Not so sure I agree that we are much more credible due to personal struggles, stress, and/or problems, but it can assure another Christian person that they are not alone in their troubles and that Christ doesn't leave us just because we feel He has left. There is always something to be learned in Christian life and about Christian life.

Why was Paul's witness so powerful?

I believe Paul was a powerful witness regardless of his surroundings. Prison or no prison, I believe Paul had a very persuasive personality.

What personal struggle are you going through that could enhance your testimony if you handled it right?

Believing the Word of God over what I feel. I suffer depression off and on and though there are times I feel like God has abandoned me, if I hang in there and confess His Word and stay in the Word, then I come back around to realizing He never has and never will leave me .. just as His Word says. It has been a very productive way (this depression) to teach me to not look at how I feel, but to look at the Word of God.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (1:12-14) From the standpoint of witness to others, you are much more credible when you are undergoing personal struggles, stress, and problems. Why is this so?

If you can maintain the same faith and belief in God when you are having personal struggles and trials, that you have when

Q1. (1:12-14) From the standpoint of witness to others, you are much more credible when you are undergoing personal struggles, stress, and problems. Why is this so? Why was Paul's witness so powerful? What personal struggle are you going through that could enhance your testimony if you handled it right?

I think we may be a more credible witness when we're going through struggles because we may be closer to God at that point. When things are going smoothly we sometimes tend to take God for granted. Paul's witness may have been so powerful because he went through many stuggles such as imprisonment, shipwrecks, stoning, etc, but also because his turnaround from persecutor to apostle could only be accomplished by God. I think, also Paul's boldness and consuming desire to carry out God's will for his life is very powerful.

From the standpoint of witness to others you are much more credible when you are undergoing personal struggles, stress, and problems. Why is this so?

Everyone has difficulties and people are naturally curious and have a tendency to gossip or talk about someone who is going tthrough a time of trials. So your witness has more credibility to it if handled with a Christlike attitude. That is not a natural condition of fallen man so trials are important in the life of a Christian for his witness and to strengthen his own faith.

The greater the struggles the more is the testimony and Paul obeyed God no matter what because Paul KNEW the eternal consequences.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6 :24-26

:D People around me see how I am reacting and facing the difficult situations. That is a sure and direct witness to the faith I have in the God I trust and believe and has a very convincing effect on the onlookers.

Paul was in jail and his rejoicing in the Lord, has not only emboldened the believers there, but also convinced many people there. I think I stood upto some tests in my life and lord Jesus Christ has enabled me be a witness for HIM in those situations for many non-christians. :P

:rolleyes:

Because you use these opportunities to show others who Christ is. Anybody can be a witness when things are going good but the ones who can still profess Christ in the face of adversity are the ones that see progress rather than difficulties and advance the Word of Christ.

Because he showed that no matter what the situation, he still preaches the gospel. He was bold and unafraid. He looked at it as an opportunity and took advantage of it.

Stress in trying to be a better Christian. Overcoming my short-comings. I am a struggling Minister. My flock is small and not growing. My witness has been challenged to the point that I am close to losing my faith in God altogether. I joined this study in hopes of re-generating myself, kind of like a jump-start. I do not act or speak as a minister should. My witness is one of shame and guilt. I am looking to re-vive myself so that I can witness to people with the Lord on my side. I want Him to shine through me as He once did.

I am beginning with baby-steps and I actually can feel the presence of God in some situations. I know that as I continue to "re-grow" I will become that witness for Christ that he wants me to be. Hopefully, one day, as my witness gets stronger, someone will ask me "what's up" and I will be able to show them the way to Christ. I hope that my flock, as small as it is, will see how my struggle and stress has made me stronger and that they will also become stronger and better witnesses for Christ. "Let your light shine before men. that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16 NIV

Why is it so , that you are more of a witness when you are going through

struggles? Why was Paul's witness so powerful?What personal struggle are

you going through that would enhance your witness, if you handled it right?

I believe you are more of a witness when you are going through struggles,

because it is at that time , that you are more willing to fall upon your knees

and cry out to God, that you might know that you are in the will of God. You

want to know the purpose for your trials. I also believe that you will then

take time to examine your christian walk more closely.

Paul's witness was so powerful, because he had a living , committed , abiding faith that just kept him pressing on. It's easy to be a christian when

things are going well, but when problems are pressing in on every side, and

you are still standing tall for Jesus, then this is a strong evidence that you

indeed have been changed, and others outside of Christ will see this.

I believe that if I would just leave everything in the hands of God, especially

when I cannot see how it is all going to turn out, then this would enhance

my witness for God.

Q1. (1:12-14) From the standpoint of witness to others, you are much more credible when you are undergoing personal struggles, stress, and problems. Why is this so? Why was Paul's witness so powerful? What personal struggle are you going through that could enhance your testimony if you handled it right?

Because it shows your faith in God, It shows how much you are leaning and depending on Him to bring you through. His witness was so powerful because He was in chains and still rejoicing, preaching the Word of God, being a witness for him.

They see that you not only speak the word of God but you live it. It is easy to tell someone to do something when it don't effect you, but when you are going through a trial and they see you hold fast to the truth in the word of God they know you live it not just say it.

He was in a place where he could speak to a new guard every time they chained him to one. He was being talked about in the prison and in the homes of those he told about Jesus and he did not back down because of fear he knew if he died it would mean going on to be with Jesus. He did not fear or stop what he was to do teach the gospel.

What personal struggle are you going through that could enhance your testimony if you handled it right?

Right now I am going through a lot of problems with my family. My daughter is having marriage problems and she sees that I stand fast and hold to God for the answers to my own marriage. There was a time I would run from my problems, that was when I had not grown in the Lord, now I know to stand and hold onto the word of God and I am praying she will do the same. Many are watching you not just our families but our neighbors and our friends. Our biggest impact seems to be with our families they know what we live we can't hide anything from them so we must hold to our faith in God and walk according to his word. Be an example not just say the words. Thank you Jesus.

In times that we are feeling stress and struggling. Are times others can see what we are made of. If we stay strong depending on the Lord to take us through them it helps others to see the way out of their struggles.

Paul being in prision still was able to witness to the ones that were around him. He didn't let his struggles hold him back. He pressed on knowing that either he live or die he would be ok.

There is a lot going on im my family right now. I pray that when others see the way I handle it that they would be able to see how I am trusting God to take care of it. That maybe they to will come to know and trust God with their own struggles. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because by going through personal struggles, stress, and problems you put those things in God's hands and ask for his guidance and since you have been in God's hands, those problems were worked out, therefore, you can witness and testify how God works.

Because Paul had faith and be believed. He asked God for help and he received.

Going through serious health problems and even though I am in constant pain day in and day out, God has given me the strength to go to every Bible Study, Book Study, and Services.

• 2 weeks later...

We do not allow discouragement to rob us of our joy in the Lord. We remain joyful because the main thing is that the gospel is being proclaimed. The secret is having the right goal. If our only goal in life is popularity or winning, etc., then we can be disappointed. But if our goal is the companionship and the result is an opening to share the gospel then we have achieved our goal, whether we are doing poorly or not.

Paul wasn

WE ARE MORE CREDIBLE BECAUSE IT IS WHAT WE DO IN AND WITH OUR PERSONAL PROBLEMS.I NOW CALL IT MY OUN PERSONAL CALVARY.WE HAVE ALREADY LIVED THAT CIRCUMSTANCE,AND WE CAN SHARE AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO HELP THEM GET THROUGH THEIR STRUGGLES.HOW WE REACT COULD REFLECT TO OTHERS IN WHAT WE BELIEVE.SOME THINGS IMPROVE,OTHERS DONT,BUT OUR FAITH WILL GROW STRONGER, AS WE TRUST GOD.I WILL SAY FOR MYSELF IVE LEARNED YOU CANT LIVE OR CONTROL ANOTHER PERSONS LIFE THAT IS IN A BAD SITUATION.YOU HAVE TO LET GO AND LET GOD.EVEN WITH BAD TIMES FOR MYSELF I HAVE TO PUT GOD IN CONTROL.

PAUL PREACHED AND DIMONSTRATED HIS FAITH IN HIS LIFE STRUGGLES,AND PROVED WHAT GOD CAN DO.THATS WHY PAULS WITNESS WAS SO POWERFUL.THE SAME CAN BE FOR US.

We become much more credible, when how we relate to our own struggles, line up with what we say, and believe about God. Is He in this with me, or not? Our reponse to struggles demonstrate our belief in His nearness, and faithfulness to see us through...meeting what needs may need to be met, or

just strenghtening us through the trial. Pauls witness was so powerful because he used it as his reason and his oppurtunity to continue to preach, not only to other believers, but to his very captors themselves. Thus making the most out of what appeared to be a bad situation. This ministry that I am starting has been met with opposition, from the very person who urged me to start it. Instead of being diappointed in them, I can be grateful, that God used them to get me going!! I never wanted to be a pew sitter, yet that is what I had become. Now I am active in jail and soon to be, prison, ministry. And I am not just sitting in the pew anymore!

You are more credible when undergoing personal struggles and problems, because others can then see you living out your faith in God, and in His promises. Pauls witness is so powerful because he continued to trust the Lord, and use his time wisely and well. Never hesitating to share the gospel with whomever he was around.

• 2 weeks later...

Going through our own struggles helps us to wittiness to others. That we can keep our eyes upon Jesus even through the most trying of times. We have Paul as our example on doing this. Those that see us in our times of fire, they can look and see Jesus upon our faces. They can see how believers use their faith in getting though hard times.

My family and I have been and are going though some hard times. Although I fail becauce I took my eyes off Jesus, I get back up, dust my self off, and look back to Jesus. I don't know when things will get better, but I do have God's promises, and those I am claiming and standing firm on.

have a blessed day

Philippians 1:12 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;

Philippians 1:13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;

Philippians 1:14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

I am just not sure why this question is asked!I think because the point of the question is out of line with the point of the Scripture refered from. All's I can say is: We are in Christ and Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Waxing confident by Paul's bonds, is different than being deemed credible or not for that which we suffer in Christ.

Why was Paul's witness so powerful? It is the mind of Christ

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

I have come to understand through the many things people say and do when speaking our Gospel of Christ to them, is to let Scripture interpret Scripture. Trying not to form an opinion. Let scripture mean what it say's, and you can't get anymore credible then that; and that goes for in everything i do, yet not i, but Christ in me, to the glory of God. I am not saying i am perfect in the flesh, nor even know all as i ought, and for that reason i

You are more credible as a witness while you are undergoing personal struggles because people can see you are going thru and how you handle yourself. When you use the strength of Jesus to get thru you can use that as a testimony to encourage someone else. Paul's witness was so powerful because he never saw the negative side of his situation, only the positive. He used his situation to spread the Gospel of Jesus. Right now I am going thru struggles and I need topray that GOd gives me the strength and grace he gave Paul so I can be a witness to someone else.

• 4 weeks later...
B) Q 1- We cannot Witness to others Christian or Non Christian unlesswe ourselves have been through Trials and Tribulations of a similar nature to the ones we are Witnessing to. Because of Pauls Faith,he could Testify so powerfully. To be a Powerful Witness for GOD we need to read and understand the Scriptures, I think this is where Credibilty comes in, AMEN.

The real you comes out when you're stressed or oppressed. If you believe in something and the going gets rough, that's a true test of that belief. It then becomes clear what you really believe in when undergoing tirals. Paul's witness was powerful because he lived what he believed. He walked the walk. If I relied on Jesus, the resolution to my trial would glorify Him because others would see it was supernaturally resolved. If I resolved it according to my reasoning, it would might only be a a temporary resolution if at all. His ways are beyond our reasoning.

• 1 month later...

I'VE BEEN ABLE TO BE A BLESSING TO MANY WHEN I SHARE MY OWN PERSONAL TESTIMONY OF WHAT THE LORD DID FOR ME. HAD I NOT GONE THROUGH SOME OF THESE THINGS, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO HELP FURTHER THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS ONLY SERVE TO DRAW US CLOSER TO THE LORD, IF WE ALLOW IT TO AND AND KEEP A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE LIKE PAUL.WHEN I'M GOING THROUGH TRIALS AND OTHERS SEE THE PEACE OF GOD IN MY LIFE DESPITE THE CIRCUMSTANCES, IT MAKES ME A MUCH MORE CREDIBLE WITNESS FOR CHRIST THAN IF I'M MURMURING AND COMPLAINING ALL THE TIME.

PAUL'S WITNESS WAS POWERFUL BECAUSE HE WAS PRACTICING WHAT HE WAS PREACHING.HE WAS NOT WALKING BY SIGHT, BUT BY FAITH IN GOD. HE MAY HAVE BEEN IN PHYSICAL CHAINS, BUT HE WAS FREE.CHAINS COULD NOT PREVENT HIM FROM TELLING ABOUT THE ONE WHOM HE LOVED AND ADORED.PEOPLE SAW THIS BOLDNESS IN PAUL EVEN IN THE MIDST OF SEVERE CIRCUMSTANCES.WHAT AN ENCOURAGEMENT THAT WAS TO THOSE WHO WERE GOING THROUGH THEIR OWN TRIALS.I'M SURE IT ENCOURAGED THEIR FAITH TO BELIEVE GOD FOR THEIR OWN MIRACLE.

I NEED TO CONTINUE TO TRUST THE LORD FOR COMPLETE DELIVERANCE FROM A SPIRIT OF FEAR.I WOULD LOVE FOR OTHERS TO SEE THE POWER OF GOD WORKING THROUGH ME IN THE MIDST OF ADVERSITY. TOO MANY TIMES I BLOW IT BY SAYING THE WRONG THINGS IN TRIALS......GOD BLESS........

• 8 months later...

While Christians can be powerful witnesses when everything is going right in their lives, A Christian who stands strong in times of terrible adversity is a much more powerful witnesses to God's goodness and constant love. My son's family went through a terrible crisis last year and my son was unbelievably strong throughout, due to his faith. Everyone who knew what was going on wondered how he could stay so calm in the face of disaster; it was a great opportunity to witness. Paul had an unprecedented opportunity to witness to guards and he used it very well. Too bad most of us can't used our difficult times in the same way. It's hard to see God's hand in some circumstances, and yet it's always there.

• 2 weeks later...

Our credibility is based upon our sincerety and our compassion. The two are related by our witness and shed abroad by the Holy Ghost. The Spirit brings things to our remembrance, the things that we have learned in the word and by life's experiences. Our sufferings are given to us not only to build our faith but to understand, that is, understand what others go through and relate to them as they are struggling by, our own experiences. Paul had gone through many hard times, as the Lord told him he would. This brought a hard man down and gave him the humanity that he needed to be able to walk as Christ did. It made him a powerful witness in that he could communicate on a level that would be understood by the hearers.

Christianity is a personal struggle against the world, the devil and the flesh. Each day there should be a fight, no matter how great or small, that will allow us to gain a victory. From our victory grows our testimony. A story that someone, somewhere at sometime will need to hear that will win them to Christ Jesus.

• 5 weeks later...

Why is your witness for Christ more acceptable when you are going through some personal struggles as a christian ?

I believe our witness is more acceptable to others, but it establishes that when we took a stand for Christ

and proclaimed him as Lord of our lives, and then continued during our struggles to Stand on God's Word,

it demonstrates that the love of God in us is real and not some mere religious activity , but a real desire

to live and reflect Christ in our lives.