JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Fleeing from God

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we get under conviction, we want to escape from doing what God has commanded us to do. We want to sin or are entertaining the idea of it.

Because we can't see God we imagine He can't or doesn't see or know what we do.

Yes, before I was saved and learned Whom God really is. Before my baptism..

1. I don't know much about sheep as is talked of in scripture but I do have an understanding of cattle. On occasion one of these critters feels the need to test the fence at some point and cross the boundary that fence represents. For some reason they think there is something better for them out there. They have forgotten everything needed has been left behind. What awaits on the outside?-poison plants, bad water, lack of feed, predatory animals or other things that are harmfull out of season. As I work to bring them back some go willingly and with some it is a real rodeo bringing them back in; up and down, here and there, ducking and diving twisting and turning. They all come back in even it means on the end of a rope. With the hardcases, they become very insistant that what is on the outside has got to be paradise even though it will likely lead to their suffering or demise. The first thing yearlings do is test the boundaries, incesantly at times. For some time they will constantly test the boundary wandering and wandering.

It is very likely all of us are in that somewhere or at least have been. How many different things can cause a weak spot in the fence? Distortion of God's word. Neglect of God's word. Refusal of God's word.

The yearling is like the young or new believer, they have to be given lots of care and not a "you are saved now enjoy your new life"

2. We want to hide and not be found out. We don't want to feel the guilt and shame of our actions. Or we can become insecure patting ourselves on the back for doing what we are supposed to and look up asking " hey God did you see that one?".

3. My original was going to be no I can't remember feeling that God never saw everything I did. The first time I tried to whitness to some one I had to ask did you see that one.

B)

I think that we want to flee from God because we can't understand how He can know everything and if He knows everything we can't hide. We don't want Him to know that we have done something wrong. We are afraid that God will punish us in the way that we feel we deserve.

I think that some people look upon God as an "absentee landlord". If He is not around how is He gonna know, unless somebody squeals.

I wish that I could say, "NO, I have not ever felt that way." But since God already knows that is a lie, I am inclined to tell the truth. Yes, at times I have felt that I can get away with stuff even though I know better.

TRUST IN THE LORD WOTH ALL YOUR HEART!

People flee because they are convinced that there is something better. We run for safety.

We adopted two dogs after Hurricane Andrew. They probably had run for safety during the hurricane and their people were unable to find them, endangering their safe existence.

The times I have fleed from God I have "felt" justified that what I was doing was best, almost inevitable. It's looking back on it , after the fact, that I realize what I have done. And that God cares for me even knowing all that would transpire-------........

I'm so thankful for this question. It made me realise how and when i've tried to run away from God, and most importantly; why.

Indeed, it is beacuse of my desire to sin, rebel against the Lord God i know to be holy. I will now read psalms 139 in a different light; in view of the irritation of the psalmist of God's presence which nags him uncomfortably.

Why do people want to flee from God?

they flee because they know that htey have sinned and do not want god to see them. When we sin and we try to flee God isgoing to find us no matter what and let us know what we are doing wrong. As it says in verse 8 we can go to heaven or go to hell He will find us for we cannot flee from His spirit.

Why do people imagine that God doesnt know what they do?

It is a possiblity that since they have gone to the darkness or followed after the enemy that God soe not know there actions or what they are doing. God formed us and has crated us into what he wants for us so there is nothing that God knows.

Ignorance permits people to believe whatever they like about God. On the Cross Jesus pleaded with God to forgive our ignorance. If people knew God they would change their behaviour dramatically.

Ignorance again lets people believe what they like, eg that God doesn't exist, or is distant. This is why we have to get the good news out where they can hear it. Only personal intimate relationship with Jesus dispels completely forever such insane ideas!

I once left God for many years. However He did not leave me and brought me back safely, even though I invited Him into my dark new age world! When He finally left I had to follow Him (Jesus). Once again I had connected with Him and could not let Him walk away without me. I won't try that again!

Q1. (139:7) Why do people sometimes want to flee from God? Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Have you ever felt this way?

I do believe that people want to flee from God when they are in willful sin.When one is comfortable in sin and that can happen ,then one would want to run away from God even if it is for a time, for when we are in a relationship with God we will have to give up our sin and at times that is difficult.

It is convenient to imagine that God does not know what we are doing specially if we are in sin,however I find it is more often that we take God's forgiveness for granted.

Yes I did in my backsliding days ,but when you are in a deep relationship with the Lord and you mature as a believer then these games really have no place in your life. :rolleyes:

I believe people sometimes want to flee from God because either they have unconfessed sin in their life or else they aren't really living for the Lord.

I believe that the reason people imagine that God doesn't know what they do is, they figure if other people don't know what they're doing, then chances are God doesn't either.

I have felt this way many times. Particularly when I know I have sinned or done wrong. However, God won't leave me alone until I have confessed my sins and fellowship has been restored.

:D God is a spirit....not visible like our brothers and sisters in Christ. His knowledge of who we are and our every movement is unmatched by anything that anyone else can do or anything that we can relate to in terms of understanding. Our lives are ultimately in His hand. He knows things about us that we do not know about ourselves......We grew up thinking that our parents had a sixth sense, but God's knowledge of us is so much greater. I think that the mystery causes us fear....

Fear that makes us want to walk the straight and narrow and obey the will of God. (That's a good thing!)

I believe that most people know that God knows what they do;however, they have not a relationship with God where they have learned the importance of solitude and listening to Him. Their faith is weak!

I, like all have sinned and come short;however, I have never felt that God was not aware of my behavior. I have also asked for forgiveness at the end of the day, if not before, for my wrong. We had to pray in my house as a child before we went to sleep and forgiveness was a component that my parents taught us to implement or exercise.

Why do people sometimes want to flee from God?Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they Do?Have you ever felt this way?

1. I believe that the times when people want to flee from God is when they

are not walking in the conduct that God wants them to walk, and there is

a sense of uneasiness and restlessness , due to the conviction of the Holy

Spirit. Maybe some people think that it is impossible to live up to the standard that God has set forth in His Word.There are also those times of

frustration when prayers over a long period of time do not seem to be answered.

2. For people to believe that God doesn' know what they do can only come

from a lack of understanding of the omnisience of a Holy God. They are ignorant of the scrutiny of God who searches the hearts and minds.

3. No-I am very much aware that God knows everything about me and this

should result in a stronger desire to please Him.

• 4 weeks later...

+

Lack of knowing what the bible says and discouragement and knowing in your mind that you can never shape up are a few reasons people want to flee God.

People who don't know God or has very little knowlege can't beleive that there is a God who cares enough to watch what thier doing.

Yes, and I'm ashamed to tell you Istill do sometimes , but these lessons help so much. the more I learn the more I want Him watching me.

Q1. (139:7) Why do people sometimes want to flee from God?

People sometimes want to flee from God when they want to do things that are wrong or when they have done wrong things. God's presence exposes situations or choices for what they really are.

Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do?

Sometimes people prefer to be in denial about what God knows because they would feel a ;ot of guilt about the wrong things they do.

Have you ever felt this way?

I have felt this way when I was living contrary to God's will and knew it. Thank you God that you never leave us or forsake us even when we do wrong and your grace sees us through and brought me back to you.

Why do people sometimes want to flee from God? Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Have you ever felt this way?

1. The person who believe God is powerful and admit God is true and want to follow him. But after all, the person are mortal and will sin. Sometimes we are inticed by the satan and like the sin, in this condition, people will want to flee from God.

2. Because God will not punish those who do the bad things as soon as possible, and God will not reward those who do the good things, or they don't see the bad person were punished and so on. All the person who imagine God doesn't know what they do maybe are those who don't believe in God and don't want to follow him.

3. I never imagine that God doesn't know what I do, but sometimes I want to flee from God when I am indulged in a favorate thing which is not permitted. I know it is not good and I hope our Lord will help me.

• 2 months later...

I think sinners are the most likely to flee from God, because they feel the weight of conviction on them and they can't bear it. They are not ready to give in to God and give up their lifestyle just yet.

I think 'maybe' the 'believers' get side tracked, get so confident that they forget to watch where they are going and before they know what has happened, they slip.

Sometimes, I think we might flee because we get impatient for God to work in our lives, we feel that maybe he's not paying enough attention to us or maybe don't understand the importance of our situation. We try to do it ourselves because we are in a hurry. We get ahead of God.

I think it's comforting to know that IF I would 'flee' from God, that he would still be with me, he would still come after the 'lost' sheep and bring me back.

It's kind of like if you would have a temper tantrum and get mad at your parents, you might 'flee' from them but they would still come after you and try to talk some sense into you.

I think that deep down, we all know that God is watching and listening to us, and that he KNOWS what we do.

But, it's like they say, out of sight, out of mind. If I can't see him, then maybe' he won't see me. Either that or you just don't care if he sees you or not - kind of like, I don't care what you said, I'm going to do it my way anyway.

I have' fled' from God, but it wasn't on purpose, I was a teenager- but because of the way I was raised, I don't think I ever WANTED TO flee from God, I was always hoping he would not leave me alone and that he would bring be back, I really did miss him, but at the time I thought maybe I had crossed the line with him and he would not take me back. I always knew from the way I was taught that he heard, saw, and knew my every move. and I was (down deep) glad that he did.

It's kind of hard to explain, but I always loved God and wanted to be his.

• 1 month later...

People flee from God because we of many sins we sinned against God , and also we fear not to be send by God to go and preach the Gospel to the lost people.

We imagine that God doesn't know what we do - This is because we do know God more , and this make us not to fear Him.

Yes, there are times I do things which do not honor God.

• 4 weeks later...

I have often fled from God for a variety of reasons. Sometime I simply do not want to obey. I may not think that I am strong enough to obey. I have felt that I am not worthy to be in His presence. I too, have found myself acting stupid, pretending that I am ignorant of His omnipresence.

People are often shocked when the many scriptures about Yahweh as a discerner of the hearts and thoughts are brought forth. As best as I can see I feel that this is too deep, too wonderful for the weak in faith to comprehend, or accept. And yes, I have felt this way, before I came to the full knowledge of the truth on this subject. Sadly, I still forget at times.

• 4 weeks later...

Q1. (139:7) Why do people sometimes want to flee from God? Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Have you ever felt this way?

People want to flee from God because the really don't know Him, or trust Him with their lives,

they have the wrong picture of God, they don't know how much he loves and cares for them.

And if they want to flee, it's because they have done something wrong, and if they run God won't

find out about it. It's hard because we are just humans and God is God how can we understand that

God knows everything about us, even David could not understand and he was said to be a man after

God's own heart. Yes I have, I think everyone at some time in there life will or have felt that way

• 1 month later...

People flee from God for they do not beleived there is a God, or he does not care,or he is blind,or all of what I just type. I have been there. God has perfect knowledge of us,and all our thoughts and actions are open before him. God takes strict notice of every step we take,every right step and every by step. He also knows what rule we walk by,what end we walk toward,and what company we walk with.

• 2 months later...

Ans to 1st Q: As mentioned, sometimes we are tempted to do our favorite sin. Why do we call it favorite? Because it gives us pleasure, quite different from the pleasure we find in God. Thus, we oftentimes succumb to it. Thus, we seemed to want to flee from God.

Ans to 2nd Q: God cannot be seen. He is invisible. Thus, it is very easy to imagine Him as not seeing us, especially when we are in the state of temptation.

Ans to 3rd Q: Yep, a few times. I often rationalize my engagement in some temptations, but still I end up feeling bad eventually. Then, I start all over again, trying to build-up my resistance against such temptation. I just wonder if God has ever forgiven me for my repetitive sinfulness, especially when it was done deliberately. I can hardly forgive myself you know. But I try to somehow and eventually feels light about it.

• 2 months later...

Because we want to continue our current lifestyle and having our fun, even though we know it is a sin and not being obedient to God.

Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do?

Because they are living in sin and are trying to hide it. They don

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

People sometimes want to flee from God when they are seeking to do things their own way. They may be involved in something that is pleasurable to the flesh and pulls them away from the things of God so they try to ignore the tugging of the heart by the Spirit of God. Or, they may want to run away from a call that God has on their life, they know that God has called them into a certain area of ministry yet they refuse and head down another path, ignoring God's call.

Why do people imagine that God doesn't know what they do? Have you ever felt this way?

It's a lie. Those who are God conscious know that He is omniscient and that they can never do anything that God is unaware of. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End and everything in between. Nothing happens and God is unaware of it. If we think that, then we only fool ourselves.

• 3 weeks later...

1). People sometimes want to flee from God because they want to acknowledge their sins and trying to run what is best for their lives. They flee because they can`t bear to see themselves honestly or when His correction is hard to take. They flee to avoid guilts and punishment. They flee because of their unbelief and disobedience.

2). People imagine that God doesn`t know what they do because they can`t see God as He is a loving and forgiving God. They don not have the conviction of the Holy Spirit because they do not know who God is. We, human can only conceal things among each others. It is frightenning to know that God knows everything we do. Nothing can be concealed from God.

3). I have never felt that God didn`t see but I felt shame that I have left Him out.