JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Pleasing Boldness

1 & 2. Yes. Abraham's boldness is a strong statement of faith. Abraham demonstrated that he believes in God's instruction-teaching- grace. God does not sit on a throne granting audiance only to those who have earnedit or are good enough. Abraham understood that he(we) would never be good enough or earn that priviledege. Because of God's grace and by the power of that grace alone we can talk to God.

2. God is our Father. How could we be part of the family if we didn't talk to Him, prayer is that line of communication.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Yes, when we come boldly God he honor's our prayers. God takes delight when we come boldly to the throng. He honor's us with answer's to our prayers, according to His will. When we praise and thank him for what he has done, it pleases the Lord.

IN what way does Abraham show persistence?Why is persistence necessary in prayer?Have you ever experienced praying through? What was it like?

1.Abraham showed persistence in that he kept coming to the Lord in prayer

until he got the answer that SATISFIED him, even though he thought he might press the issue too far with the Lord. Result: He got what he wanted.

2.Persistence is necessary in prayer, because it shows a determination,

that one will not give up until he has prayed through. If Jesus found it

necessary to come aside from the world to pray, why then do we neglect

that which is such a priority to God???????

3. I have not experienced praying through and would appreciate help from

the forum from those who have "prayed through" to know their experience

and results.

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Abraham's boldness pleased God because he did it in a respectful way and he did it in a way that acknowleged God's character. Since God wants a relationship with us, He is not angry with Abraham's prayer.

Its hard for me to always realize that God delights in my prayers! I suppose that as I come to recognize Him in my life, He will delight in my acknowlegment of Him and His character!

It is good to know that the Lord WANTS me to come to Him bold like Abraham more than just once and more than just when I have a crisis.

In what way does Abraham show persistence? Why is persistence necessary in prayer? Have you ever experienced "praying through"? What was it like?

Abraham shows persistence thru bringing up the topic again and again and again. Hee hee, this would drive me crazy - to have someone begging over and over again until I gave in.

I just figure if someone doesnt want to give me what I want - maybe there is good reason for that. Maybe I dont deserve what I am asking for. Or maybe I would be putting someone out too far. Its rude to keep bugging! But in this lesson, I am learning that God wants me to keep bugging Him!

I am fascinated!

In fact, it seems as though He wouldnt even consider my unrelenting prayers as "bugging Him." This lesson is teaching me that persistence sometimes really is necessary.

I have never experienced "Praying Through". I have had answered prayer - including prayer that gets answered years after the prayer was prayed. But I have never prayed a prayer over and over and over for days to years, etc... until I get an answer.

I think I will have to try it. I will begin by praying for a life-time mate!

Yes,I believe Abraham's boldness pleased God.Abraham showed God that he had faith in him and showed God that Abraham new God was a just God,a loving God ,a merciful God.Abraham was not trying to bargin with God, that Abraham would do something in return ,instead Abraham was going to God in humbleness,and Abraham is very aware that God is his Holy Father"Abba Father",whom Abraham exalts and magnifies Gods righteousness. I believe God was pleased with Abraham in the way Abraham came to His Father.

I believe that God delights in my prayers because I go to him,knowing only God can change a situation you have know control of.Having faith and believing God will work whatever you ask him for the best,or good of whatever you are asking."ASK,SEEK,KNOCK",God will surely help us in our time of need.God said,"I am with you always.God is with us,so we know God will hear us,when we call out to "Abba Father".

When Abraham kept asking the questions about the righteous people,it showed God that Abarahm was willing to be direct with God. It showed tremendous courage from Abaraham but it showed God that ABraham was willing to be honest and firm in what he was asking. What might cause God to delight in His prayers when i pray? Is that he wants me to tell him everything that is my heart and be complete;y honest in all my peitions. To love and be bold but also humble and recognizing HE IS ALL

Our Abba encourages us to come "boldly" before His throne....He is FAITHFUL, HE is WANTING to give us Every blessing ......God is a LOVING and DOTING FATHER loving for us to ask of HIM and pray back to HIM WHO HE SAYS HE IS.....

God made us for intersession...He created us originally to live in a 'give and take' relationship as it was in The Garden BEFORE the fall....

He delights in us and He delighted in Abraham's ASKING.....when we ask of Him and considering HIS purposes and not OUR OWN, the LORD delights in the prayers of a "righteous" man...

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to Him?

I think it's possible that God would not have been pleased with Abraham's prayer if he didn't humble himself. Each time Abraham bothered God about sparing Sodom, he would interject some phrase of humility. I think God wants us to have a balance of boldness and humility. Humility to know that God is awesome and all-powerful and that we are but wisps of air to Him, tempered with the boldness to come before Him to ask for what we need because of our relationship with Him.

Q4. In what way does Abraham show persistence? Why is persistence necessary in prayer? Have you ever experienced "praying through"? What was it like?

Abraham shows persistance by repeatedly coming before God to see if a certain number of righteous people could be found in Sodom. Persistence is necessary to prove to God how determined one is to get the answer. I have experienced "praying through" and it was frustrating. Waiting is not one of my strong suits!

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes I do think Abraham's boldness pleased God, Abraham had a close relationship with God, and in a relationship with a personal God one can express one'sneed or desires.

I have a personal relationship with God . He is my Father, and I do believe because He loves me ,and is concerned even about the little details of my life, He would take delight in my prayers.

I can't think that God would be anything but pleased in Abrahams persistance in praying to God on behalf of Sodom, and in his faith that God would answer his prayers. When we pray we must believe that what we pray for matters to God, even the smallest detail, and that if what we pray for falls into the will of God that our prayers will be answered. Thanks that we have such a loving and merciful God.

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes, He was bold enough to cry out to God for the righteous, no matter how few. That was faith.

Faith, perserverance, humility and boldenss, I believe causes God to take delight in our prayers.

Faith moves God

Perserverance shows Him we mean business like the widow that kept going to the judge

humility shows our recognition of our need for God.

Boldness is obedient because in Hebrews He tells us to approach the throne of God boldly.

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?

I believe that God was delighted in Abraham's willingness to intercede for Sodom. Eventho Abraham was really praying for the safety of Lot and his family, God doesn't confront him with this. :)

What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to Him?

Praying according to His will

Offering intecessory prayer on behalf of others

Offering prayers of worship and praise :)

When God was done talking with Abraham then He withdrew. The others went on to Sodom but Abraham stood there. This is me reading into the text something that isn't there, but doesn't it seem as if Abraham was gonna stay around as long as God would allow?

I think that God was expecting nothing less from Abraham, he was in fact His friend. Abraham had grown in his relationship with God. From his call to leave everything and follow Him, Abraham was growing in this friendship. But it was feared and delight, he reverenced God's pressence and relished their time. So the boldness demonstrated by abraham was built on mutual trust and respect.

It pleased God because He saw in Abraham the reflection of His own character of mercy and intercession, on behalf of others unable to ask or do for themselves.

By my boldness (confidence) in coming to Him and asking what only a son/daughter or friend would ask. Given that He's invited us to ask condidently, now comes time to put up or shut up. Here's a situation (that's personal, a relative is involved) God is going to act, and He lets me know His intentions to see what I will do. His delight would be to hear me entreat for that relative.

• 2 weeks later...

:huh: Abraham's boldness in his prayer to God, has pleased God for his faith in God's mercy and omnipotence, as well as Abraham's concern for other righteous people.

:D When God sees our utter dependance on HIM, for all the good gifts and protection, He delights that we are going to HIM, with confidence and humilty. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I think his boldness pleased God.

I think it's like a best friend, you know so well, you feel comfortable (even if sometimes a little afraid) talking to each other about difficult subjects. you let each other know when you think the other is doing something out of their character, you have faith they will understand your intentions are good.

that you have faith and trust in God to hear your most secret prayers and thoughts and know that he will be just, fair and merciful in his answer to you. to consider him your best friend.

God was delighted in Abraham's boldness, because it shows his knowledge of and trust in God. The bible say those who know their God will do exploit. God has not given us the spirit to fear, but of love, power and sound mind. With Abraham's boldness, he only manifested the charcater of God that is in him, and God is pleased with this.

God would always take delight in our prayers when we undesrtand His will and tailored our prayers towards His will. God is only moved by His will. It was God's will to save Sodom and the people, if they have repented.

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes, God was pleased with the boldness of Abraham because of his faith and humility.

God will be delighted if we always come to Him in prayer and tell Him even the smallest things of our lives and live according to His will

• 2 months later...

I do believe that Abraham's boldness was pleasing to God and I think this way because Yahweh considered Abraham a righteous man and His friend. How else should friends communicate to one another, other than in a frank and open manner?

Along a similar thought line, Adonai wants His believers to speak with Him, to open up the desires of our hearts freely to Him with complete expectation that He will receive and move on our prayers. To give Him our assurance that as our Heavenly Father, we are completely dependent upon Him, in all things. Thus we honor Him, reverence Him and worship Him. This is His delight.