JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Holy and Blameless

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

Holy means cleansed of all unrighteousness things that make us unclean or keep us away from Gods grace Thank God that he loved us enough to want to bring us back unto himself by providing a way of escape through our Lord and savior Jesus! Without him we would totally be lost and unable to return to God because of our mistakes and wrongdoings But Through believing in Jesus we are given a second chance to walk in the way the God created us to be without blemish perfect in the eyes of our father God!!!! Thank you Lord

• 1 month later...

Holy is is what Jesus present us to be to our Father and God Almighty. Holy is the cleansing from unrighteousness. We are so full of sin that our Father sent his son down as a sacrifce for us and through him and our faith we are to live right, treat our neighbors right and do what thus said the Lord. Continuing to stay on this track, and continuing to pray to God for direction and repent when you know that you have failed, living in his image is part of being holy.

Holy also means mature; separated from the world and the worldly things.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

(Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? To be made whole, pure and right before God.

In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God? Redemption through the blood of Christ that forgives my sin is the only way I am "blameless" before God. Jesus took my punishment so that I could experience the richness of a relationship with God that only grace allows.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

To be "holy" means that we are set apart, consecrated to God, separated to him as his possession. God has claimed us and we belong to him.

We can stand "blameless" before God because God has forgiven our sins through Jesus Christ. Now he sees us as "blameless" one who can stand before his throne with a slate wiped clean of any sin or imperfection.

To be "holy" means we are set apart, consecrated to God, separated to him as his possession. God has claimed us and we belong to him.

I can stand "blameless" before God because through Jesus I have a right to stand before God without being self-conscious and sin-conscious. Because of what Jesus did for me I can enter his throne of grace boldly with a slate wiped clean of any sin or imperfection.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy means set apart for a specific purpose. We are set apart to the glory of God. To work for His purpose of our life.

The only way I can stand blameless before God is in the death & life of Jesus Christ who is my Savior.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The meaning of being “holy” is that God has cleansed us and forgiven us for our sins. He has accepted us the way that we are but has washed us in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore we can stand “blameless” before God because Jesus has covered our sins.

• 3 months later...

3. a. Holy - means we are set apart for Him, we belong to Him.

b. We can stand blameless before God because we are in Christ who is blameless, without spot or wrinkle.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy - We are set apart from the world as God's special people, to be used for His service

Blameless - It's not because of anything we possess or have done that makes us blameless, no, we stand blameless before God because of Christ's imputed righteousness, which we received at the time of our salvation. When God looks at us, He see Christ's righteousness.

• 1 year later...

Q3. (a) What does it mean to be

Holy ?

> It is being consecreted to God.

( a) In what sense can you stand

before God blameless?

> When we accept Christ to come

into our lives, we obtain

salvation and forgiveness of

our sins. We consequently

acquire Christs righteousness

God then sees us to be blame

less through the work of Christ.

• 1 month later...

Being holy we are justified and sanctified by our Lord Jesus. Because He became sin for us and paid our debt for those sins, since we are blameless before God

• 2 months later...

What does it mean to be holy?-We can only be Holy with our union with Christ.I attended one Bible study where before we begin,one Elder told us to stand and Cleanse ourselves before the Lord and confess whatever sins we have that separate us from the presence of God..So before we begin studying the Word of God,here we are TRYING TO REMEMBER what God REMEMBER NO MORE(Heb 8:12 and Heb 10:17)..so instead of magnifying Jesus and His complete work,here we are Magnifying Sins and insulting the blood of Jesus,that it cannot take away our sins once and for all..I never returned to that so called Bible study again,who despite their good intention,the devil just corrupt their mind due to wrong belief on HOW TO BE HOLY.

In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God-.By Faith on the complete work of Jesus Christ,that his shed blood was once and for all make me righteous and Justified before God.

• 10 months later...

Holy means that we were separated by God from the others. We were adopted by him to become His sons and daughters.

We can stand blameless before God because Jesus died for our sins. We are made clean because we were washed in the blood of the Ultimate Sacrifice.

• 1 month later...

To be holy is to be set apart for Him. It is to be separate from the world and chosen for His purposes. We can stand blameless before Him in the sense that the price for our sin has already been paid and God sees us through the lens of the cross, as white as snow. It's just the same as a criminal in court being pronounced not guilty : he looks the same, but once he is exonerated, everyone looks at him differently.

• 2 months later...

What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

Being holy means to be in total fellowship with God, being obedient, and being a light in the world, as we are supposed to "be in the world and not of it." We belong to God; therefore, we follow Him and His ways.

Standing blameless means to walk in obedience to God. When we do sin, using 1 John 1:9 to get back into fellowship with Him. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/24/2006 at 9:48 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

I have given my life to Jesus he is my Savior, God see's me "holy" and I am his, I have asked for forgiveness from my Savior, God see's me blameless.

• 4 years later...

In gathering my thoughts for this question, I googled the word 'holy'.  To my surprise, one of the definitions of the word is 'similar'.  God has claimed me as His own, declared me blameless THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, and now I am consecrated to Him, I am sinless, and I am similar.  I am like my Father.  Washed clean and loved.  Wow.  I am like my Father.

My answer:

I been made holy and blameless because of Jesus. My right standing is because of Jesus. Not because of Bianca.  But at the same time I am supposed to be growing in my heart becoming more like Jesus. My character is suppose to reflect Jesus when I'm talking with others. I have already been made blameless but my character is growing. What a good and interesting journey.

What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

Holiness.

I've always found it to be confusing to have a perspective and understanding unlike God's. From my perspective, I am not holy. I am told, however, that from God's perspective, I am holy because of what God has done for me in Christ -- His blood substitutes for sin or lack of holiness. 

But the fact of the matter is, right now, here on earth, I'm living a "sin-full" life. Furthermore, God is omniscient so He knows the truth; He knows my moral condition, that I'm sinful. Does God wear blinders to this truth? I don't think so. 

For this reason, the ancient idea of ransoming or blood payment makes sense to me. Jesus paid the ransom price in order to spring me from the prison of sinfulness. But this is forward-looking, not now. It happens in the future. Right now, I'm obviously not sinless, so holiness must be a future condition, perhaps one that is actualized at the second coming when all believers are reunited with Him.

I think God sees my sinfulness and accepts it, for now, knowing that in the future I'll be made whole.

--

Blamelessness.   

I can't stand blameless before God when my conscience knows I'm not holy. Rightly, I feel condemnation, the truth of my own flawed character. I'm not holy. That's the bottom line. I will be holy, but am not now. Sanctification is a process of being made holy. I'm in that process.

So, can I stand blameless before God right now while the process of sanctification is occurring? No. Not really. Any blamelessness God sees is in my future. 

To the extent that God sees the past and future as one event, He could regard my future holiness as the "real" me now. He may read back into linear history what I will be tomorrow, that is, He could see me as I will be, not as I am.